GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
I have explained it. The fact you're so picky about the "99%" number he provided, and upon this basis, trying to say that this has nothing factual, is ridicule. Everyone gets this is a figure of speech, 99 is a number no one could figure out based on facts or anything. You could probably discuss, how true the relation between GT's trailers and gameplay are (which was the point of dicussion earlier), but certainly not this unsignificant number, which has no purpose except trying to "ridicule" him (I know I repeated this word more than enough now I think).

I've not been picky about it at all, so I'm unsure as to why you are saying that, I would rather you didn't attempt to speak for me in that manner, and I would also appreciate it if you would clarify the other claim you made about me.

Nothing in regard to an AUP violation has occurred at all, and it would seem that you are the one who is not aware of posting history here.

The post that kicked it off was borderline flame-bait given the posting history behind it, and a member is responsible for the posts they make and the words they use. If you feel an AUP violation has occurred then please use the report button, what you don't do is try and moderate the conversation yourself.

I've not been picky about it at all, so I'm unsure as to why you are saying that, I would rather you didn't attempt to speak for me in that manner, and I would also appreciate it if you would clarify the other claim you made about me.

Nothing in regard to an AUP violation has occurred at all, and it would seem that you are the one who is not aware of posting history here.

The post that kicked it off was borderline flame-bait given the posting history behind it, and a member is responsible for the posts they make and the words they use. If you feel an AUP violation has occurred then please use the report button, what you don't do is try and moderate the conversation yourself.
I am not here to moderate anything, I just express my opinion about what some people are saying here which I find inappropriate.

I am not here to moderate anything, I just express my opinion about what some people are saying here which I find inappropriate.
And for the final time of saying, that is not your job.

Please either discussion the subject at hand, use the report button if you feel the AUP has been broken or refrain from posting here.

Oh and I would still like an explination about why you felt it was fine to make baseless accusation of posts I never made, but I will let you do that via PM or you can edit your posts to remove them. I do however expect one of those two to occur.

And for the final time of saying, that is not your job.

Please either discussion the subject at hand, use the report button if you feel the AUP has been broken or refrain from posting here.

Oh and I would still like an explination about why you felt it was fine to make baseless accusation of posts I never made, but I will let you do that via PM or you can edit your posts to remove them. I do however expect one of those two to occur.
I think you need to see some previous pages before you force me to come back to the "initial" subject. As Samus said on page 93 (and much more posts of other members say the same thing):
This thread has been off topic for the best part of 3 months, to be fair.
The thread was slowly coming to GTS and visual discussion back, until someone made the much inappropriate reply to Zlork. Actually, I would like you to give me a sensible reason before your wanting me to delete my previous messages.

Last edited:
I think you need to need some previous pages before you force me to come back to the "initial" subject. As Samus said on page 93 (and much more posts of other members say the same thing):

The thread was slowly coming to GTS and visual discussion back, until someone made the much inappropriate reply to Zlork. Actually, I would like you to give me a sensible reason before your wanting me to delete my previous messages.
I've not asked you to delete your previous messages.

I have asked you to remove the parts in which you stated I made posts that I clearly have not. I have posted one reply to @Zlork in this thread, its was not an AUP violation and it was not in regard to any % figure. However you saw fit to claim I did.

That would be you making two deliberately misleading posts (please check the AUP to see how it stands on that). I also asked you to discuss this via PM, so as to not drag the thread off topic.

Yet you reply in tread and continue to try and moderate (and its not the first thread you have seen fit to try that).

I'm going to make this simple, and I suggest you think before your next post. Re-read my posts to you, respond to them subject of your claim to me via PM or delete the parts making them or you will be taking a week off from GT Planet.

I'm going to try and bring this back on topic. :lol:

Everyone, go and watch the trailer and pause it when you see the shot of the R18 TDI from the front. You'll see there's flecks of mud/dirt/rain/tyre all over it, and the two stickers on the front splitter are all rough and worn. Perhaps this is Polyphony making the game look less "perfect" and therefore sterile? It's far more detailed than the smudgy beige splodges of dirt and dust in GT5/GT6. Remember when GT5P came out, and Kaz said he thought it looked "too perfect". Much like with regards to when he said that about the sounds, it was taken out of context, but he meant that everything was, although highly detailed, lacking in "emotion". No damage, time of day and weather always fixed, sounds too clean and lacking in "unevenness". An interesting point I thought of that no-one has picked up on yet.

Actually a quite clear pattern exists for this.

Those who post opinion and speculation as if it were fact have a pattern of getting very defensive when asked to support them.

Oh?

Not quite true now is it.

Its the posting of opinion and speculation as if it were fact and then being unable to support it that is the issue

Find the post that gets quoted to death.

Where will GTS fit in those? will reserve judgment but I'd bet it's slightly under DC.

Slightly under DC doesn't really seem like a realistic goal. If anything, slighly above Forza would sound more reasonable.

Yeah, pretty much this. I expect GTS to look good [...]
It can't really look as stunning as DC given PD will likely have to contend with both more cars on track and twice the framerate, but PCARS is nothing special on consoles.

I am sure at 99% it will be very very close in-game.

That's not a factual statement by the way. That's an expectation (like other posts). "I am sure" just express qualitative confidence/certainty in a belief.

How dare someone be so confident in his expectation rabble rabble rabble. Temper your confidence! Have 3 pages at it!

That's not a factual statement by the way. That's an expectation (like other posts). "I am sure" just express qualitative confidence/certainty in a belief.
Which if you actually read the rest of my post (you know the bit you cut out) is exactly what I said.

I was answering a question as to why the discussion had taken that turn.

Lets look at my post in full:

Scaff

Its the posting of opinion and speculation as if it were fact and then being unable to support it that is the issue.

Everyone can have their own opinion, but you don't get to have your own facts.

The facts are that PD have put out trailer before that look and sound far better than the end result is, therefore a few seconds of GTS in the trailer is not 99% of what the finished title will look like.

Its fine from that to say that he hopes it will be 99% of that quality, its not fine to say it will be 99% of that quality unless you are able to prove that . Its also perfectly OK for both sides to discuss that up to the point that the AUP gets crossed (and that has not happened).

As you can see when you read it in full I've not actually assigned either of those positions to Zlork, I've simply explained what the root cause of the debate is and what the site expectations are.

How dare someone be so confident in his expectation rabble rabble rabble. Temper your confidence! Have 3 pages at it!
Lose the attitude and read what I have actually said not what you think I've said.

As you can see when you read it in full I've not actually assigned either of those positions to Zlork, I've simply explained what the root cause of the debate is and what the site expectations are.

\/
It is obvious, Racecar and AudiMan behave condescendingly with Zlork just because he supports GT, so immediatly he becomes some kind of "worshipper" of the "almighty" gran turismo, a ridicule way of saying that he is a blind GT "fanboy" whose opinions are worthless just because he likes GT and defends it.

So the post you quoted above is not quite true (there is some true to it though).

It's the posting of opinion and speculation as if it were fact and then being unable to support it that is the issue.

Oh I thought that was the real reason/issue.

Everyone can have their own opinion, but you don't get to have your own facts.

This is just a tangential addendum then.

The facts are that PD have put out trailer before that look and sound far better than the end result is, therefore a few seconds of GTS in the trailer is not 99% of what the finished title will look like.

While it's an understandable reasoning, the conclusion (therefore) is not "factual" or truth or sound. "It is probable" would make it correct. There's some name to that fallacy, I'm sure some of the posters that enjoy pointing those out will help.

Its fine from that to say that he hopes it will be 99% of that quality, its not fine to say it will be 99% of that quality unless you are able to prove that . Its also perfectly OK for both sides to discuss that up to the point that the AUP gets crossed (and that has not happened).

Everything was fine then.

Lose the attitude and read what I have actually said not what you think I've said.

That part was the synthesis of the reaction generated by one post.

I'm going to try and bring this back on topic. :lol:

Everyone, go and watch the trailer and pause it when you see the shot of the R18 TDI from the front. You'll see there's flecks of mud/dirt/rain/tyre all over it, and the two stickers on the front splitter are all rough and worn. Perhaps this is Polyphony making the game look less "perfect" and therefore sterile? It's far more detailed than the smudgy beige splodges of dirt and dust in GT5/GT6. Remember when GT5P came out, and Kaz said he thought it looked "too perfect". Much like with regards to when he said that about the sounds, it was taken out of context, but he meant that everything was, although highly detailed, lacking in "emotion". No damage, time of day and weather always fixed, sounds too clean and lacking in "unevenness". An interesting point I thought of that no-one has picked up on yet.

I think I see it - the specks beside the headlights, and the stickers you mentioned (plus the "2" sticker too I think) look scuffed, yes?

XzspMQQ.jpg

That is quite interesting to see in a trailer (if it isn't just some funny lighting quirk or something), especially considering it's in a showroom-type setting rather than on a track. It wouldn't necessarily suprise me if that's something PD were doing because if I remember right that was a Kaz-mooted feature for GT5 that didn't really happen - significant dirt/damage accumulation, which would carry over from race to race. Would be nice if we finally got that.

\/

So the post you quoted above is not quite true (there is some true to it though).

Oh I thought that was the real reason/issue.

This is just a tangential addendum then.

While it's an understandable reasoning, the conclusion (therefore) is not "factual" or truth or sound. "It is probable" would make it correct. There's some name to that fallacy, I'm sure some of the posters that enjoy pointing those out will help.

Everything was fine then.

That part was the synthesis of the reaction generated by one post.
Could I have worded it slightly better?

Yes.

Does that mean I assigned either position to Zlork?

No.

I know the one surefire way to get a thread back on topic is for me to post off topic,
So here you go.

I think I see it - the specks beside the headlights, and the stickers you mentioned (plus the "2" sticker too I think) look scuffed, yes?

XzspMQQ.jpg

That is quite interesting to see in a trailer (if it isn't just some funny lighting quirk or something), especially considering it's in a showroom-type setting rather than on a track. It wouldn't necessarily suprise me if that's something PD were doing because if I remember right that was a Kaz-mooted feature for GT5 that didn't really happen - significant dirt/damage accumulation, which would carry over from race to race. Would be nice if we finally got that.

Don't think it's a lighting quirk, it's too detailed for that. Plus, the scene after with the Bugatti has the car looking perfectly clean, and that appears to be in a very similar (possibly the same?) garage. As you say, it's something Polyphony has been toying with for some time - remember that GT6 screenshot with the scratched and dented Range Rover Evoque in the GT Auto menu? They obviously planned for your car to retain damage from in the last race (and the option highlighted in the menu shot was to repair your car). The screenshot was replaced on the website not long after, featuring instead a perfectly undamaged Evoque in the same menu, with the damage repair option missing. It might be that the damage in GT5/GT6 was so weak that the feature was nixed at the last moment. Could it be, with superior hardware, and the supposedly improved crash physics, that this might be making a return?

It might be that the damage in GT5/GT6 was so weak that the feature was nixed at the last moment. Could it be, with superior hardware, and the supposedly improved crash physics, that this might be making a return?
That is quite a heavy educated guess I must say,but it's not impossible that it could happen. Here's hoping,but I say wait until final release.

XzspMQQ.jpg

One thing related to this that I really hope they bring to GTS is dynamic track simulation. It really adds to immersion and to the fun factor when your track conditions can change from race to race and lap to lap. Seeing marbles accumulate on the outside of corners, rubber accumulating in the corners and particulate pickup on the cars can all be a part of that but for me the most interesting thing is the physics of rubbering in the track, changes in temperature affecting grip etc.

It really breaks the immersion when you see a collision and one car has a bent rear bumper but the other car somehow has nothing more then a dust scuff.
It's not just visual damage that needs improving. I was playing Assetto Corsa recently, driving at the
Nürburgring when I accidently killed my car (damn invisible walls :lol:). If this was GT, I would've been able to just drive back to the pit lane like nothing had happened.

It really breaks the immersion when you see a collision and one car has a bent rear bumper but the other car somehow has nothing more then a dust scuff.
GT5 was like that, GT6 is more like turning cars into dusty old prunes.

What the hell did i just read for the last 4 pages? Its been great staying away from the gt section, i dont have to read a bunch of delusional posts all the time like someone is talking about their baby. We're bordering on the ridiculous when people cant just admit PD arent the masters they use to be and gtsport will not look as good as the trailer. I'd be amazed if it even looked as good as driveclub.
"Cartoon" isn't pejorative, at least not in France. "Cartoon" doesn't mean ugly.

I have Driveclub. Visually, this game is beautiful, really. To say otherwise would be lying.

But it doesn't look natural for me. I see immediately that this is a video game. This is even more true, when I drive in daylight.

So when I look GT Sport, I feel watching a replay of an real race because everything seems beautiful and natural to me : track, cars, environment, etc.

Also in Driveclub, I think there are too many effects "bling bling" or "exaggerated" if you prefer. For an arcade, I can forgive it but not on a simulation. I don't want artificial stuff but realism.

This is not your opinion? I respect.

Meanwhile, looking forward to new images and trailers GT Sport.
Lets be honest, there is substantial proof to suggest that if gtsport came out looking like DC you would say they are the best and most realistic graphics ever. Yea i know you're gonna say no, but i dont think you'll convince anyone. You cant even accept PD tart up their trailers then you post photomode comparisons from far out shots. Give it up man.

I don't even understand how this is a discussion about "Trailers Videos and Screenshots". I'm going to say it straight - all this speculation and disagreement is driving me insane because we just don't know what it is we're getting. Trailers and advertisements are designed to make things look better than what they really are, as @Imari said a few pages back. Debating about the little details in the trailer and claiming that "it's exactly the same as the game" is stupid, because it tells me your expectations are too high. Having this attitude will set you up for a massive disappointment hence taking the enjoyment out for yourself.

Speaking of damage, hopefully it will be significantly improved in GTS. It's laughably bad in it's current state.

Indeed, GT5 was very strange with this, infact correct me if I'm wrong but the GT5 demos at game shops just before release had better visual damage than the actual game (granted it looked weird but it was there). People were so shocked about the lack of damage in GT5 that there was a rumor you unlocked damage after reaching a certain level.

Fun times :lol:

Back