GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Unless the rumor of "Seattle Short" is true, it may break the chain.
Midfield in GT6? They know how much we love these old tracks. GT5-6 and so far GTSport, there is not a single new original track that I love like I loved the "classics" original tracks. Magic is gone it seems.

It doesn't available with English subtitles, so we really need someone to translate the interview, which seems pretty interesting to know what are they talking about.

Ahh yes there is, you click the HD button, and select auto-translate, and then choose the language...

I'm sure they'll be only 1 or 2 rally tracks.

GT6 had about 2-3 unseen dirt tracks cut from the game from Matterhorn and Eiger Norwand if I remember correctly. Perhaps we'll see those enter. For classic originals, it's almost as if it's illegal for them to return.
You can't rule out the possibility of more dirt tracks or even a point to point at this stage. It would be great if they did something similar to GT5, where the rallying was a special event, split into three difficulties. Those routes were created with the course maker themes in the game, and it was great fun. However, I doubt it would happen in GT Sport.

Edit; I realized this is Chinese.

These gentlemen give a talk about GT Sport, from the latest public event, Jan 20th.
Any Translators? :D

This is Mandarin Chinese, specifically the one spoken in Taiwan.

These two don't really mention anything new... they're just auto journalists giving a broad overview of what's changed in GTS in comparison to previous GT games.

Some notable mentions:
- "Nürburgring feels more narrow than in previous games" (doubt that to be honest)

-"There's no good sense of the car/road feel when driving on dirt, making it really hard to predict where the car will go/when to brake"

Other than that they just state how the visuals have improved and other info we already know.

I should also add that I've been following all the coverage of GTS at the Taipei Game Show and unfortunately there weren't any new info.

Source: I'm from Taiwan.

Last edited:

These two don't really mention anything new... they're just auto journalists giving a broad overview of what's changed in GTS in comparison to previous GT games.

Some notable mentions:

- "Nürburgring feels more narrow than in previous games" (doubt that to be honest)

-"There's no good sense of the car/road feel when driving on dirt, making it really hard to predict where the car will go/when to brake"

Other than that they just state how the visuals have improved and other info we already know.

I should also add that I've been following all the coverage of GTS at the Taipei Game Show and unfortunately there weren't any new info.

I wonder if predictability is a problem driving on gravel or dirt (with dirt tires) as much as it seems like racing on snow would be. I really don't think this is wholly the fault of FFB (which has been praised in these tech demos). A multi-screen setup or using VR contributes to the sense of speed so I wonder how much VR specifically helps in other ways.

Some notable mentions:

Thanks translator San :)

No, I'm really not. Perhaps you're not a motorsport fan in real life? Because I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to use rally cars for things they were intended as in the real world, alongside any stuff that isn't realistic.

Like I said earlier on the other end of the scale, you'd surely find it odd and a little disappointing if you got a game with hundreds of road cars and the only tracks were either P2P rally stages with maybe a little tarmac skidpan. Sure, it'd be pretty fun to try and rally with road cars and mess around on the skidpan but at some point you're surely going to wish there were normal roads or race tracks to use them on, aren't you?

Excluding rally cars from the game just because they don't have a dedicated point-to-point rally event wouldn't be right either.

:confused:
How on earth is what I said "extremely misleading"?

If GTSport game-play footage and images are to believed, what I said in my post that you quoted and highlighted in bold text is in no way misleading, it's fact.

You said

But all I'm seeing is that Gr.B cars can be driven on dirt or tarmac.
I'm not sure how that can be classified as an "extremely limited choice".

Yes, cars can be driving on dirt or tarmac but it's a misleading statement because it doesn't tell you the full story, about what that tarmac or dirt actually involves. It's vague. In this case, the tarmac currently only includes closed circuits and the dirt large, wide circuits. So yes, the choice is extremely limited, moreso than your statement makes it sound like.

If you told a rally fan they could drive rally cars on dirt and tarmac in an upcoming game they would almost certainly be disappointed when they realise you just meant closed circuits, and not actual rally stages or other things rally cars are used for.

I see a major separation between our two views.
You seem to consider any in-game activity that doesn't follow precisely what happens in the real world of motor-sport as a failure of the game.

I don't. 👍

No, I don't. I've stated my position several times over, if you haven't got it, I'm not explaining it yet again.

Excluding rally cars from the game just because they don't have a dedicated point-to-point rally event wouldn't be right either.

I didn't say otherwise, I said they would be a waste if what we've seen is all they can be used for.

I would argue that PD have never really tried to simulate real life other than simply making the cars feel like they are real cars (or at least close too). Gran turismo's events havn't ever been barticularly realistic, environments not particularly realistic, tuning, upgrades, AI, cars the AI drive, anything really. Or at least I can think of. They clearly don't seem particularly devoted to realism like a game such as project cars would be.

Over the last 2 installments the environments have not been the most accurate, but the detail they put into what they do make is pretty good, but not flawless, and graphically they did create a feat in terms of the amount of work they placed in the look of the cars and environments. Tuning, upgrades, AI, sounds, career mode are are not truly ideal to the real thing and it makes games like PCARS better than it, making PCARS a overall more enjoyable and better learning experience for mostly the entirely of the game (online can get better, removal of glitches) instead of just one feature like graphics or online.

To me, GT needs to stop trying to be too cute and work on advancing the overall game and feeling and experience with you, the car, and the road.

Last edited:
Over the last 2 installments the environments have not been the most accurate, but the detail they put into what they do make is pretty good, but not flawless, and graphically they did create a feat in terms of the amount of work they placed in the look of the cars and environments. Tuning, upgrades, AI, sounds, career mode are are not truly ideal to the real thing and it makes games like PCARS better than it, making PCARS a overall more enjoyable and better learning experience for mostly the entirely of the game (online can get better, removal of glitches) instead of just one feature like online.

To me, GT needs to stop trying to be too cute and work on advancing the overall game and feeling and experience with you, the car, and the road.
Exactly this. Some GT players don't like the look and feel of PCars. That's fine. However, GT should strive for that feeling you described.

GT doesn't penalize a player for mistakes. PCars gives me that.
I HAVE to hit my apexes every single time. I HAVE to brake at that marker every single time. I HAVE to keep up my momentum at that sweeper. The AI won't rest. I won't suddenly get a slipstream to win the game.

I'm happy finishing 30th out of 45 cars every race. When I make up a spot, I try my best to keep the next car in sight. GT makes it all about having to win or nothing at all.

Over the last 2 installments the environments have not been the most accurate, but the detail they put into what they do make is pretty good, but not flawless, and graphically they did create a feat in terms of the amount of work they placed in the look of the cars and environments. Tuning, upgrades, AI, sounds, career mode are are not truly ideal to the real thing and it makes games like PCARS better than it, making PCARS a overall more enjoyable and better learning experience for mostly the entirely of the game (online can get better, removal of glitches) instead of just one feature like online.

Fair enough, but that is just from your point of view. Personally I don't enjoy project cars very much at all, pretty much because of those reasons.

Exactly this. Some GT players don't like the look and feel of PCars. That's fine. However, GT should strive for that feeling you described.

GT doesn't penalize a player for mistakes. PCars gives me that.
I HAVE to hit my apexes every single time. I HAVE to brake at that marker every single time. I HAVE to keep up my momentum at that sweeper. The AI won't rest. I won't suddenly get a slipstream to win the game.

I'm happy finishing 30th out of 45 cars every race. When I make up a spot, I try my best to keep the next car in sight. GT makes it all about having to win or nothing at all.
Unfortunately, as long as there is a game economy and no easy way to build a garage without winning mass numbers of races, finishing 30th of 45 cars won't be something a lot of people enjoy in the GT series because it'll mean an incredibly slow progession rate through the offline portion and garage building/car modification part of the game. Looks like at least some of that may not be a thing at all in this version of the game, but the same principle will still apply to the online portion of the game. People aren't going to be happy racing online, finishing in an average 8th place, if the winnings for 8th are only a small portion of the winner's share and in the absence of various other participation bonuses.

In PCars and AC it doesn't matter where you finish so you can focus on enjoying the race no matter what position you are in. It's a great feeling to be battling through the middle of a field or from the back, and not have to worry about how much money you are going to win or whether you'll have enough to buy that new turbocharger. The GT economy will need a big revamp all around this time IMO.

Unfortunately, as long as there is a game economy and no easy way to build a garage without winning mass numbers of races, finishing 30th of 45 cars won't be something a lot of people enjoy in the GT series because it'll mean an incredibly slow progession rate through the offline portion and garage building/car modification part of the game. Looks like at least some of that may not be a thing at all in this version of the game, but the same principle will still apply to the online portion of the game. People aren't going to be happy racing online, finishing in an average 8th place, if the winnings for are only a small portion of the winner's share and in the absence of various other participation bonuses.

In PCars and AC it doesn't matter where you finish so you can focus on enjoying the race no matter what position you are in. It's a great feeling to be battling through the middle of a field or from the back, and not have to worry about how much money you are going to win or whether you'll have enough to buy that new turbocharger. The GT economy will need a big revamp all around this time IMO.
Funny. It's like those that get the pre-order bonus are the real world "pay-drivers" and rich families. Car ready to go and enough support for multiple seasons.

I race(d) clean online in GT5&6. I feel I'd be a back marker online in GTS(if I buy the game). I'm probably not going higher than Gr.3. So, collecting all Gr.3, all Gr.4 and a few of the Gr.N cars, may be a chore.

But the problem is, you don't want to make the game economy to easy so as to speak, in that it'd it be far too easy to gather cash and therefore buy all the cars really quickly.

IMO that takes the fun out of it, the key is the strike a balance, so that instead of being cash willy-nilly, you earn it so that you can buy the dream car you wanted, whilst still progressing the game at a nice steady rate.

But the problem is, you don't want to make the game economy to easy so as to speak, in that it'd it be far too easy to gather cash and therefore buy all the cars really quickly.

IMO that takes the fun out of it, the key is the strike a balance, so that instead of being cash willy-nilly, you earn it so that you can buy the dream car you wanted, whilst still progressing the game at a nice steady rate.
It might take the fun out of it for you but not for me, and I'm quite certain many others. I'd rather a sandbox option where I can get whatever I want right from the beginning. A game economy to me is simply an obstacle to my enjoyment rather than a source of it. If there's a cheat or glitch of some kind like there was in GT5 and GT6, I'd be all over it.

It might take the fun out of it for you but not for me, and I'm quite certain many others. I'd rather a sandbox option where I can get whatever I want right from the beginning. A game economy to me is simply an obstacle to my enjoyment rather than a source of it. If there's a cheat or glitch of some kind like there was in GT5 and GT6, I'd be all over it.
Imo I think it shouldn't be like this "sandbox" thing. The real problem is PD has done it wrong in the latest GT's where it was not so enjoyable to drive and progress through lower spec cars to higher. This can be solved very easily using these 3 steps:

-Improve AI, delete rabbit chasing and use standing starts with why not qualifications. AI should be pro driver even in the first races, the AI shouldn't be the thing that improves as you get faster cars and highers the difficulty, it should be the difficulty of driving the faster cars which will naturally higher the difficulty, so set the AI level to maximum from start and then we need the next thing to really feel the difference driving faster cars:

-Improve physics to the point each car is enjoyable in its own way, like in real life, and faster cars require more skills to go fast than normal cars. Physics will solve a lot of problems as wel as the next thing:

-Improve sounds, each car should sound like they become savage when you press pedal to the max. The sounds should be very close to the real one, including exhaust sounds that come out, upshifts etc...

Just using those last things the game will be enjoyable no mattee what car you are driving and the enjoyment of getting used to faster cars as you progress will be very significant.

Imo I think it shouldn't be like this "sandbox" thing. The real problem is PD has done it wrong in the latest GT's where it was not so enjoyable to drive and progress through lower spec cars to higher. This can be solved very easily using these 3 steps:

-Improve AI, delete rabbit chasing and use standing starts with why not qualifications. AI should be pro driver even in the first races, the AI shouldn't be the thing that improves as you get faster cars and highers the difficulty, it should be the difficulty of driving the faster cars which will naturally higher the difficulty, so set the AI level to maximum from start and then we need the next thing to really feel the difference driving faster cars:

-Improve physics to the point each car is enjoyable in its own way, like in real life, and faster cars require more skills to go fast than normal cars. Physics will solve a lot of problems as wel as the next thing:

-Improve sounds, each car should sound like they become savage when you press pedal to the max. The sounds should be very close to the real one, including exhaust sounds that come out, upshifts etc...

Just using those last things the game will be enjoyable no mattee what car you are driving and the enjoyment of getting used to faster cars as you progress will be very significant.
In my opinion, by far and away the largest problem with GT5 and 6 (especially 6) is that the campaign isn't deep enough, which means that you can complete half the game with only buying one car, making the other 1200 cars rather pointless.

So far, there is no offline career, so improving the AI won't make any difference to building your garage. Regardless, the point remains the same. I have no interest in racing offline. It's 2017 and I want to race real people, as many and as soon as possible. Lots of people feel the same way. An option to sandbox the game would be a welcome addition and anyone could go about their business without hitting the sandbox button when they start. Problem solved.

@Johnnypenso There may very well be many people like who share you opinion with regards to the in game economy and offline mode. But I'm sure that there's just as many like me who feel the complete opposite. Many people want a proper more in depth career mode, as @Chameleon said, with an array of races for all sorts of cars, that can be enjoyed as you progress through the game. GT3 did this very well with it's vast career mode.

However, with GTS I'll make an exception, as I'm intrigued by the change in direction for this game, what with the FIA partnership and what not. But I'd love for PDI to return to the classic GT format for their next iteration.

Granted, this is a new generation of racing games, whereby the focus is switching towards eSports and online racing, but that doesn't mean it cannot be balanced with a proper offline mode.

@Johnnypenso There may very well be many people like who share you opinion with regards to the in game economy and offline mode. But I'm sure that there's just as many like me who feel the complete opposite. Many people want a proper more in depth career mode, as @Chameleon said, with an array of races for all sorts of cars, that can be enjoyed as you progress through the game. GT3 did this very well with it's vast career mode.

However, with GTS I'll make an exception, as I'm intrigued by the change in direction for this game, what with the FIA partnership and what not. But I'd love for PDI to return to the classic GT format for their next iteration.

Granted, this is a new generation of racing games, whereby the focus is switching towards eSports and online racing, but that doesn't mean it cannot be balanced with a proper offline mode.
Of course, I understand this, but, so far, no career mode is in sight. I also said I wanted the sandbox mode to be optional, not mandatory. Best of both worlds (but it'll never happen)

Of course, I understand this, but, so far, no career mode is in sight. I also said I wanted the sandbox mode to be optional, not mandatory. Best of both worlds (but it'll never happen)

The lack of a proper career mode I could deal with in GTS given it's intent (though there is some form of offline mode isn't there as i understand it).

And apologies my bad, didn't notice you said you wanted it to be optional 👍, would be ideal of course. but as you say, never going to happen.

We saw credits but if there's no career then how someone without internet would earn money to buy the cars ?

It's PD so anything is possible but in my opinion the cars will be all unlocked for offline usage and for online you'll have to drive some slower machines first.

We saw credits but if there's no career then how someone without internet would earn money to buy the cars ?

It's PD so anything is possible but in my opinion the cars will be all unlocked for offline usage and for online you'll have to drive some slower machines first.
Maybe it's online only.

I think as far as the career goes they could do with having it a lot more curated. I'd like to feel like every race in the career is something that someone has thought carefully about, and chosen the track, field and race format for a reason.

They could do with expanding arcade mode for those who just want to race, but I think for career having a fairly tight path is the way to go.

Just whack in the old GT3 formula and be done with it. It would work with this game, especially due to the fact that the car counts are quite similar. Grid starts, the option to qualify and AI that actually want to race and fight for position. Why throw out the old style gameplay if it isn't broke? Online should be tacked on at the end, it shouldn't be at the core of the game. Having officially sanctioned eSports racing has it's place, but I don't believe that it's a priority, rather it needs to co-exist with an offline aspect.

Just whack in the old GT3 formula and be done with it. It would work with this game, especially due to the fact that the car counts are quite similar. Grid starts, the option to qualify and AI that actually want to race and fight for position. Why throw out the old style gameplay if it isn't broke? Online should be tacked on at the end, it shouldn't be at the core of the game. Having officially sanctioned eSports racing has it's place, but I don't believe that it's a priority, rather it needs to co-exist with an offline aspect.
I wonder if anyone is considering the possibility that eSports really is the focus of this game. That Kaz has completely tossed aside the old formula and started from scratch. I know a lot of people are holding out hope for some mishmash of eSports and old style GT games, but it's quite possible that all this delay is to iron out and perfect the whole online/eSports aspect of the game. It would certainly explain a lot of things, mainly the lack of information and the lack of new content in the various videos so far. Perhaps there isn't any new content and much of the behind the scenes work is unleashing what Kaz hopes to be an eSports phenomenon onto the gaming world.

Back