GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Any vaguely sane or competent company would be hosting that on their own website/forums and promoting it.

Random how bad PD are at this stuff...
Yep, it's a shame something else wasn't organised in that respect.

That said, I found it quite easy to signup to watch the stream.
I registered my email address, they sent a password, and I logged in as a guest.
But I had work early the next day and was tired of waiting so I gave up and didn't see any racing. :lol:

I guess ultimately it was the 3 day TAS event that was being streamed.
There just happened to be GT race in amongst it.
Perhaps niconico footage copyright issues?
Perhaps PD considered it only a local event ?
Perhaps they didn't care?
I don't know.

Still, whatever the reason, it's disappointing that we can't watch it elsewhere.
I think they have forgotten about Gran Turismo TV on Vimeo. :irked:

Unfortunately they were talking about the staged race at Tokyo Auto Salon in Jan. this year.

I tried to find an alternative, but drew a blank.
The best I could find from TAS were clips of the public playing multiplayer races.
There's a few off-screen videos here.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHk5-VOw64OABLFJB5m7HqQ/videos
And it's not the one with Jordan participating in the race? If it's GT drivers only, then I haven't come across it on YouTube.

Not exactly fair but...

GT
gran-turismo-sport-screen-63-ps4-us-03dec16

PCARS2
Eww7TOQ.jpg

Relevant IMO. Both games are likely to come out at about the same time, and I am only human and can only play one at a time :lol:

But actually the comparison is good to see. I expected GT to blow PCARS 2 away graphically (and maybe it will in 5-10 years when you can get a TV capable of 10,000 nits and BT.2020). These two screenshots show that the differences are not all that stark. I am impressed with how PCARS 2 was able to improve the graphics as much as they have while at the same time adding a ton of new features. I honestly didn't expect it to look this good. I will buy and enjoy both games:cheers:

I'd expect it to look largely similar to that on the PS4P/Scorpio, though. Considering the GT shot is from a Pro presentation (IIRC), there isn't much in it in terms of comparison. Especially when one takes into account the time of day and seasonal changes possible in the bottom one.

Very curious to see how the frame rates are in both games.

Wh- where'd the bridge go?

This is a slightly older photo so it might have been torn down and rebuilt sometimes between then and now. Trees however don't magically grow overnight, so PD's rendition is still off in that regard. Granted the pictures below are not in the same angle, but there's still a glaring lack of foliage and green stuff in general in the GTSport screenshot, which strikingly looks fairly similar to the infield section at Druids in GT6. Hmmm, some food for thought perhaps?

the-formula-1-field-rounds-druids-hill-bend-at-the-start-of-the-fia-picture-id169563393

10256827213_36d829a0be_b.jpg

This does looks better but it's just one picture from a trailer - judging from videos we have right now PCARS2 looks worse in motion/actual gameplay.

Yep. And I expect it to on release as well. They've gotta make room for the lighting and weather somehow. I suspect that this is the option that you get between the two: really good looking with GTS but no time/weather, or pretty OK looking with PC2 with time/weather.

Seems OK to me. Choices are good.

Yep. And I expect it to on release as well. They've gotta make room for the lighting and weather somehow. I suspect that this is the option that you get between the two: really good looking with GTS but no time/weather, or pretty OK looking with PC2 with time/weather.

Seems OK to me. Choices are good.
Add the Live Track 3.0. That's a big'un.

Back