GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
I wonder if anyone is considering the possibility that eSports really is the focus of this game. That Kaz has completely tossed aside the old formula and started from scratch. I know a lot of people are holding out hope for some mishmash of eSports and old style GT games, but it's quite possible that all this delay is to iron out and perfect the whole online/eSports aspect of the game. It would certainly explain a lot of things, mainly the lack of information and the lack of new content in the various videos so far. Perhaps there isn't any new content and much of the behind the scenes work is unleashing what Kaz hopes to be an eSports phenomenon onto the gaming world.
Yep, I think you're on the right track there.
With dedicated servers for Sports Mode, the TV spectator mode, and multi-region Cups.
Plus the Sportsmanship and penalty systems.
And reportedly FIA officials overseeing the whole shebang.

I feel VR is also playing a role, as I suspect PD want that running on day 1.

I'm not so convinced with laying any blame on features such as damage, as I think they would be happy to introduce that in a later update if they feel it isn't up to scratch but the rest of the game is ready to go.

Just whack in the old GT3 formula and be done with it. It would work with this game, especially due to the fact that the car counts are quite similar. Grid starts, the option to qualify and AI that actually want to race and fight for position. Why throw out the old style gameplay if it isn't broke? Online should be tacked on at the end, it shouldn't be at the core of the game. Having officially sanctioned eSports racing has it's place, but I don't believe that it's a priority, rather it needs to co-exist with an offline aspect.

i agree 100% with this, the GT3 formula would apply very well with GTSport. As far as the old classic GT format is concerned, whilst I agree with you there also, I think we've become rather accustomed to the same format (not that it's a bad thing, as it certainly ain't after all, it's made the series what it is), but I'm willing to give PDI a chance with GTSport what with this new format.

I personally think that this somewhat radical change (for GT at least) will be for GTSport only, and that GT7/8 will return to old GT format that we know and love.

Nonetheless GTSport could certainly take some cues from GT3's career mode, as as much as online racing is hot right now, IMO should be balanced by a decent offline mode.

i agree 100% with this, the GT3 formula would apply very well with GTSport. As far as the old classic GT format is concerned, whilst I agree with you there also, I think we've become rather accustomed to the same format (not that it's a bad thing, as it certainly ain't after all, it's made the series what it is), but I'm willing to give PDI a chance with GTSport what with this new format.

I personally think that this somewhat radical change (for GT at least) will be for GTSport only, and that GT7/8 will return to old GT format that we know and love.

Nonetheless GTSport could certainly take some cues from GT3's career mode, as as much as online racing is hot right now, IMO should be balanced by a decent offline mode.
The only way they'll go back to a classic GT style game is if this one flops. If they pump out 6 or 7+ million of GTS in the first year, you can count on GTS 2, 3 etc. I suppose there's always the possibility they could do both but given how long it takes to get a single version of the game out I doubt it.

The only way they'll go back to a classic GT style game is if this one flops. If they pump out 6 or 7+ million of GTS in the first year, you can count on GTS 2, 3 etc. I suppose there's always the possibility they could do both but given how long it takes to get a single version of the game out I doubt it.

i completely respect your opinion, and it's a perfectly valid one at that. But imo, I believed that they'll return to a classic GT style format (or at least something very similar) for the next iteration, regardless of how successful (or not) GTS is. Then I think GTS 2 etc, will arrive after the next GT7/8. But either case is certainly a long way away :lol:

But hey-ho, just speculating, it may happen who knows, but given the surprise of GTS and the decision to switch the format, either situation may well occur. I'm certainly interested to see how GTS turns out though, as i must admit, I'm quite excited about it.

i completely respect your opinion, and it's a perfectly valid one at that. But imo, I believed that they'll return to a classic GT style format (or at least something very similar) for the next iteration, regardless of how successful (or not) GTS is. Then I think GTS 2 etc, will arrive after the next GT7/8. But either case is certainly a long way away :lol:

But hey-ho, just speculating, it may happen who knows, but given the surprise of GTS and the decision to switch the format, either situation may well occur. I'm certainly interested to see how GTS turns out though, as i must admit, I'm quite excited about it.

It's just their word of course, and things can change, but Kaz has been clear that he believes GTS marks a new chapter of GT games. GT1-6 was the first era, GTS is the first of a new era with new gameplay/style.

you can think of the first six Gran Turismo games as chapter one of the series, and Gran Turismo Sport as the start of a second.

It's just their word of course, and things can change, but Kaz has been clear that he believes GTS marks a new chapter of GT games. GT1-6 was the first era, GTS is the first of a new era with new gameplay/style.

But this is Kaz after all, an we know how reliable his word can be :lol:

In all seriousness though, if GTS marks the start of a new era, I'm open to the change, as like it or loathe it, I think it makes for exciting times, even if It would grieve me to see the end of the classic era we saw for GT1-6.

As I said I'm definitely intrigued by GTS, certainly looking forward to it, if it is the start of a new chapter, hopefully it marks the start of a fresh new start, with exciting things to come.

Has anyone seen this footage with the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 3 against a McLaren 650S GT3 and a Subaru WRX STI Gr. 3 in the Tokyo Expressway? Here's the link:

Turns out it looks like as if they're doing a local battle against each other (I guess it's obviously through the game's online modes) and I could hear quite an awesome sound but I can't really tell if it's the 4C, the 650S GT3 or the WRX STI.

Last edited:
Guys, direct audio capture of the Renault R.S. 01 GT3. I hear notable Improvements, but still no upshift/downshift sounds. Engine noise, turbo spool and transmission whine are on point though.

And some off-screen gameplay of the Audi R8 LMS @ Nürburgring from cockpit and chasecam.

Come on PD, give us some more footage!

Guys, direct audio capture of the Renault R.S. 01 GT3. I hear notable Improvements, but still no upshift/downshift sounds. Engine noise, turbo spool and transmission whine are on point though.

And some off-screen gameplay of the Audi R8 LMS @ Nürburgring from cockpit and chasecam.

Come on PD, give us some more footage!

Not sure if you've been following all the coverage at various venues or not, but I'm almost positive that old footage.

I know the wait is kinda long in the tooth (story of GT really), but just wait until the next likely venue comes. Hopefully, more footage will come out (preferably on something other then the same tracks)

I went on the Internet and I found this GTSport-670x377.jpg

is there no footage of the most recent japanese event thing?

If you're reffering to the Tokyo Auto Salon Neko Neko Stream, I think this is as close as you'll get:

Has anyone seen this footage with the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 3 against a McLaren 650S GT3 and a Subaru WRX STI Gr. 3 in the Tokyo Expressway? Here's the link:

Turns out it looks like as if they're doing a local battle against each other (I guess it's obviously through the game's online modes) and I could hear quite an awesome sound but I can't really tell if it's the 4C, the 650S GT3 or the WRX STI.

If you're reffering to the Tokyo Auto Salon Neko Neko Stream, I think this is as close as you'll get:

Ah yeah, I've seen that, but wasn't there a stage event with some Super GT drivers having a race?

How in god's name is that not on youtube yet?

Ah yeah, I've seen that, but wasn't there a stage event with some Super GT drivers having a race?

How in god's name is that not on youtube yet?

Not sure, I definately do remember that being prominently mentioned but haven't had any luck finding that race.

Back