GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Looks like the tires being completely warmed up right off the bat is still a thing. On top of that, the rears eventually went completely cold. Once they're warmed up, shouldn't they stay that way because they're still undergoing friction?

And it might just be the racing tires but shouldn't the Megane have been at least a little bit looser with those cold rear tires? The lack of any oversteer from FWD cars was the problem with GT5 and 6. Hopefully it hasn't carried over into GTS's physics engine.

Graphics are great though yadda yadda

I am very glad to see full car setup customization is still with us. When they announced GT Sport would be an online focused game with FIA championships I was very concerned that every driver would be forced to drive an out-of-the-box car set up. To limit a car's performance, but still allowing every driver to set-up the suspension and gearing as they please will certainly add a much greater depth to online championships. Hopefully these tuning options won't be locked for FIA championships.

Otherwise, I think everything is looking excellent. The ability to cycle ABS, TC, Fuel Maps, etc. during the race is a very welcome edition. I have no doubt this is going to by my favorite GT yet.
:gtpflag:

At 3:39, you can see a marschal waving a yellow flag at the right side of the track. Nice touch from Poly ;)

Nice. Notice how it took a few seconds before he started waving it. I bet marshals automatically wave yellow flags when a car is stopped or slow in the road in or near their sector. The next marshal around the corner was waving yellow as well, but once the driver picked up speed you don't see flags any more, just like marshal's would do in professional racing 👍

Hello everyone,

I have not been active at the GTPlanet forum for some time now, I hope that some of you still remember me here and know that I greet you warmly. :)

I am the team manager of the TSRacing e-Sport and I am the originator of the video that the member AKps3 generously shared with you. While he has done this, it would have been nice to quote the source of the video but I do not blame him of course. 👍

I hope you find this video interesting as I did while searching for every corner of the demo but unfortunately most of the options were unavailable at the present time.
As I said in the video information, this Geneva demo build was running on the standard PS4 and was very beautiful, with incredible lighting effects.

Nevertheless, I found that some textures lacked relief with the mild presence of aliasing. When I drove with a cloudy weather without light effects, the game suddenly appeared less impressive graphically, a bit like Project CARS for example.

I reassure you, the overall impression is very good and certainly all the more on a PS4 Pro.

On the driving side, It was a lot of fun, the feeling of weight transfer as the car turns, the work of shock absorbers and the tires.

One thing reassured me about driving physics, when you completely remove driving aids, with some cars, the game can be very sharp and particularly difficult, certainly not within the reach of everyone's ability.

The rally mode left me with an identical impression, I expected something very arcadish but this certainly was not the case, you have to be patient and calm with the pedals, it was very interesting!

Unfortunately I can't tell you about the audio part because the TV had some technical issues. :grumpy:

The new HUD interface, as you can see in the video, is very interesting and effective, it is on a good point although it is not yet perfect in the placement of some information.

I concluded this test with many hopes and good impressions and I look forward to receiving the beta test in order to deepen all these impressions at my home.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Last edited:
Hi Anthony

I remember you from time trials on GT5 and have heard of your team.

A few questions, how is the force feedback compared to Project CARS and any other sims you've played? It was a bit light when I tried it at Copper Box, however game seems to be progressing well since then. The more I hear about rally, the more excited I am to try it out. Will probably buy a PS4 wheel if I get accepted for the closed Beta. Do you find the physics to be more realistic than Project CARS?

I have to say I like how reminiscent of GT5P the UI is. I think that game was one of their best, and it certainly did well at looking beautiful and being clear at the same time. The GTS UI looks to do much the same. Good stuff.

I am the leader of the TSRacing e-Sport and i'm the originator of the video that the member AKps3 generously shared with you. In passing, it would have been nice to quote the source of the video but I do not blame you of course. 👍

Isn't linking your video quoting the source? It's not like he reuploaded it on his own channel. No one was confused as to where it had come from.

Hello everyone,

I have not intervened in the GTPlanet forum for some time, I hope that some of you remember me here and know that I greet you warmly. :)

I am the leader of the TSRacing e-Sport and i'm the originator of the video that the member AKps3 generously shared with you. In passing, it would have been nice to quote the source of the video but I do not blame you of course. 👍

I hope you find this video interesting, I searched every corner of the demo but most of the options were unavailable.
As I said in the video information, the build worked with the standard PS4 and was very beautiful with incredible lighting effects.

Nevertheless, I found that some textures lacked relief with the mild presence of aliasing. When I drove with a cloudy weather without light effects, the game suddenly appeared less impressive graphically, a bit like Project CARS for example.

I reassure you, the overall set is very good and certainly all the more on a PS4 Pro.

On the driving side, I took a lot of fun, I appreciated the feeling of mass transfers, the work of shock absorbers and tires.

One thing reassured me about driving physics, when you completely remove driving aids, with some cars, the game can be very sharp and particularly difficult, certainly not within the reach of everyone.

The rally mode left me an identical impression, I expected something very arcade but this is absolutely not the case, you have to be patient and calm with the pedals, it was very interesting!

Unfortunately I can not tell you about the audio part because the TV had a problem.

The new HUB, as you can see in the video, is very interesting and effective, it is a good point even if it is not yet perfect in the placement of some information.

I come out of this test with beaucoip of hope for the sequel and look forward to receiving the beta test in order to deepen all these impressions at my home.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Nice impression thx a lot

I have to say I like how reminiscent of GT5P the UI is. I think that game was one of their best, and it certainly did well at looking beautiful and being clear at the same time. The GTS UI looks to do much the same. Good stuff.

Isn't linking your video quoting the source? It's not like he reuploaded it on his own channel. No one was confused as to where it had come from.
The UI of GT5P was beautiful, sophisticated but too ambitious for the PS3. So far, my favorite thing in GTsport is the menu. So often overlook in other games. (Still no damage or collision engine though...)

The UI of GT5P was beautiful, sophisticated but too ambitious for the PS3. So far, my favorite thing in GTsport is the menu. So often overlook in other games. (Still no damage or collision engine though...)

The UI was too ambitious for the PS3? The UI in GT5P was fine. There was nothing wrong with it that I recall. I don't know what you're talking about.

The menus were slow if I'm not mistaken (ten years already!!)

Compared to recent Gran Turismo titles, not really.

This would be almost impossible

It's entirely possible. The only thing is that they maybe have to cut the real time rendering down and replace with pre-rendered video. If Youtube can open a page and start playing a video almost instantly over the internets, then that information stored locally should be nearly imperceptibly fast. Navigating a local wiki or database structure is similarly fast, even with images and backgrounds.

I have no idea why Gran Turismo's menus are so slow, but it's totally not necessary. Shift 2 may have been an awful game, but it had a dynamic and interesting menu structure that was very fast.

I found on GT the car selection loadtimes for the car to appear to be a pain in the backside or annoyance. Does using a hybrid drive or superfast SSD improve this?

Also noticed in the new video shown previously, it seems "Audio" settings are fixed with no individual breakdown for cars effects like engine noise, road surfaces and tyre squeel. For instance "Assetto Corsa" or other titles offer such, so bit of bad news for tactile or audio subjective owners, if the full release is released the same.

More control of the audio in how the effects are each output would be so welcomed but hard to believe with so much criticism of the audio they don't it seems want to persue to offer the best options or user customisable experience.

Tut tut tut....

Last edited:
It's entirely possible. The only thing is that they maybe have to cut the real time rendering down and replace with pre-rendered video. If Youtube can open a page and start playing a video almost instantly over the internets, then that information stored locally should be nearly imperceptibly fast. Navigating a local wiki or database structure is similarly fast, even with images and backgrounds.

I have no idea why Gran Turismo's menus are so slow, but it's totally not necessary. Shift 2 may have been an awful game, but it had a dynamic and interesting menu structure that was very fast.

I concur with Shift 2 menus being fast. I find the menus too clunky, though overall inputs do feel quick and responsive in spite of the visual cues saying otherwise. PCARS menus are much better, but i can appreciate the dynamic circular main menu around the Sumo Power GTR Shift 2 has.

Back