GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
C6T5xMfVAAEoHjn.jpg i1Z1etEmBqv56cc.jpg i1NSsbHXjnmRrcc.jpg i14Dllw5RKuxw8E.jpg

My impressions?? Pininfarina didn't dissapoint!! Amazing and clever design, realistic power, and it's the program's 1st production car! 15/10 :D

Also, I love the multiple livery options we have :D. Can't decide between the black or the yellow ♥

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2017_03-07-17_005.jpg

Now the question is... Which group will it be?? Gr.1, Gr.3...Gr.N??

Edit: Found more photos!! :D http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4910198.html

Last edited:
Who's next, Starbucks and McDonalds?

I'll have a GT Sportachino followed with a Mc GT Burger n Fries, oh and don't forget the Ferrari Red HDR sauce, thanks.

I know you are making a joke, but it also implies you don't fully understand why this is important. Tag Heuer provides live timing solutions. It is not just that their branding is being shown in the game, but more that they are providing an end-to-end timing solution in GT Sport. Presumably when an in-game championship is running, you will be able to go to Tag Heuer's website to see Live Timing of the event. Complete with split times, last lap times, best lap times, etc. of the whole field. http://www.tagheuer-timing.co.uk/?page_id=5

This is the same sort of tools you have available in amateur and professional racing. It is actually a pretty big deal for this to be included in a video game. Presumably Polyphony Digital will provide an app or website that will show the same data in their own polished UI, but the piece to understand is that Tag Heuer is making this possible. Nothing Starbucks or McDonalds make would actually make the game better for players. Tag Heuer does and has offered it to players.

Dude, yes it was a joke, come on lighten up...

I know the partnership has reason and features that may be good within the game. What you seem to forget with your response, is this is computers, not a beautifully crafted mechanical wristwatch. Any good developer does not need Tag Heuer to come up with a system to calculate timing of different cars etc down to 1000th of a second or leaderboards. It's only code.

Do I need to see live real-time data to make a game more enjoyable? I'm not so sure tbh in the scale of its benefit as a gamer? Sure it has some nice possible usage or features butit is partnership deals like this, that have become more important to GT franchise than implementing actual features and gameplay mechanics to take the game much further forward in simulation or realism accuracy.

Marketing & Hype?
Yet wait to see when this releases how many things they ignored that the community wanted to see improved, better implemented or added.

Last edited:
Dude, yes it was a joke, come on lighten up...
I am not mad or trying to call you out - I completely understand it was a joke. I simply saw an opportunity to point out that it is a bigger deal than it may seem on the surface.
Any good developer does not need Tag Heuer to come up with a system to calculate timing of different cars etc down to 1000th of a second or leaderboards. It's only code.

Actually, software is not a great way to tell time.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2891892/why-computers-still-struggle-to-tell-the-time.html
http://tf.nist.gov/service/pdf/computertime.pdf

Here are some quotes on software timing:
The software clock is a poor timekeeper. Its timing uncertainty is limited by the stability of the interrupt requests.
The software clock also has limited resolution. It can only display values that are even multiples of the time interval between interrupts (55 milliseconds). For example, 00:00:01.00 could never be displayed by the software clock. The closest possible values it can display are 00:00:00.98 and 00:00:01.04.

It is not at all clear to me how Tag Heuer has implemented their timing solution, but I am willing to bet it is an improvement to what most video games have used to date. Considering the focus on eSports, it makes sense that they would want their timing solution to be as accurate as possible. I assume GT has always used software clocks in the past for timing, and I would not be surprised if the new solution with Tag Heuer is using an internet clock with Network Time Protocol.
Network Time Protocol (NTP) [RFC-1305]: The server provides a data packet that includes a 64-bit timestamp containing the time in UTC seconds since January 1, 1900 with a resolution of 200 picoseconds. NTP provides accuracy of 1 to 50 milliseconds. NTP client software normally runs continuously and gets periodic updates from the server.

Again, at the end of the day the old solution was fine and this won't affect 99% of players, but it is just another example of how PD goes above and beyond.

I am not mad or trying to call you out - I completely understand it was a joke. I simply saw an opportunity to point out that it is a bigger deal than it may seem on the surface.

Actually, software is not a great way to tell time.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2891892/why-computers-still-struggle-to-tell-the-time.html
http://tf.nist.gov/service/pdf/computertime.pdf

Here are some quotes on software timing:

It is not at all clear to me how Tag Heuer has implemented their timing solution, but I am willing to bet it is an improvement to what most video games have used to date. Considering the focus on eSports, it makes sense that they would want their timing solution to be as accurate as possible. I assume GT has always used software clocks in the past for timing, and I would not be surprised if the new solution with Tag Heuer is using an internet clock with Network Time Protocol.

Again, at the end of the day the old solution was fine and this won't affect 99% of players, but it is just another example of how PD goes above and beyond.
It's definitely a means to further legitimize the FIA championship. I can see how that can be lost on a whole lot of people (me included). Thanks for explaining it.

I just thought Kaz wanted a free watch. Kojima likes eyewear, so I figured Kaz's thing was watches.

"Above and beyond" may be better determined by how much the game has improved over previous versions and how it perhaps defines itself against other modern racing titles also on the horizon. Plenty of racing games on PC have no problems with timing between cars/sectors/laps/best lap/average lap or viewing such with many other features too over tablet or other means.

TAG agreement is advertising, marketing pure and simple you can dress it how you want my friend.

Last edited:
UI looks really good, loading times are 30 seconds ish at the moment so not too bad. There is a flash lights toggle in the control settings, hopefully flashing your lights is an option for all cars (IIRC in GT6 it wasn't)
30sec for such a long track is not bad imo.👍

The car setting menu is good i like it alot:tup:
They also have a Road and Drift section:)
sdgdsg.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back