GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
For the 2X, it may just be some laser-powered wingsuit on wheels that is like a tank to drive

The 2X might be difficult to drive, but it's certainly no tank. It just requires a different driving technique, since the downforce is generated by the thrust of the engine rather than by aerodynamics. The trick is simply to accelerate through the corners.

20170629_143909.jpg

I just noticed something strange. When going full throttle on a straight a car pops backfires? Does this happen to someone else? If so, please report it on bugtracker as well, because that is wrong imo.
What you see is afterfire, which simply occurs if the car has not finished burning all of the fuel before the exhaust valves open, causing the hot exhaust and oxygen around the tailpipe to ignite the remaining gas as it leaves the exhaust. Generally this would happen off throttle, but if the fuel mixture is quite rich or quite lean it could happen even at full throttle.

Viper isn't in the code and Beetle is in the code but not driveable, PD decide what's available.

Can't remember what the Mercedes VGT drove like in GT6.

Will do a lap of the nurb in the A45 tomorrow.

Not sure if people saw this at E3 but sometimes the AI's indicators come on Random, ha.

Any FFB or physics change from the Beta?

I just noticed something strange. When going full throttle on a straight a car pops backfires? Proof:

Does this happen to someone else? If so, please report it on bugtracker as well, because that is wrong imo.

Had the same effect but I was thinking it might be a weird sun reflections from the chrome.

Some more good races today, these probably have been my last few ones in this beta. Crash Bandicoot coming tomorrow so my time will be spent on that for a while. :P

First one at Brands Hatch GP with SemtexSheep88 chasing me, still got pretty close at the end but managed to take the win.

Then a very nice race at the Nurburgring again together with @Lord Protector. We stayed close throughout the whole lap, just in the last sectors I gained some time. Thought it'd be enough to keep him behind me on the final straight but nope. :P He still managed to pass me. Won the other 2 races with other drivers following me but they weren't really as exciting so only showing this one.

Also had a nice one at Willow Springs. Savage961 was really close in first lap but the laps after that I only kept gaining time on him. Had some very consistent and fast laps during the whole race.

And just to give you all a good laugh, this happened in one of the Willow races as well. :P

I wanted to go and get some new tyres but my team didn't want to.

But in reality I was just pushing a bit too hard to get the fastest laptime in an otherwise boring race I was easily going to win, hit the sand with 1 wheel and overcorrected which send me straight into the pit entry. Still managed to get 3rd though. :)

So I guess that's it for me with videos for a while, unless another beta update comes along. But I'll be back with more if there's another beta around August (if I'm in) or ofcourse when GT Sport is finally released. :)

At Goodwood. Will be trying out the new wheel shortly.
View attachment 657144 View attachment 657145

Hi @Aderrrm Great info and find...I was also there yesterday (first time going), I had a great time taking and practicing 'panning' photos and watching the Supercars. It was very surreal actually being there after seeing and driving it for many years in video games/GT6 etc! I had to check out most of the hill climb..I Walked for ages looking for the Gran Turismo Pods and asked a few people with blank faces but gave up in the end (too much walking -many miles! It is much bigger than I thought) and never got to the Rally Forest stages. My phone wasn't connecting/working so didn't see this post when I was there. I can't get back there anymore but just out of interest where were they on the site?

p.s I did see this sign though! :cheers:

Some more good races today, these probably have been my last few ones in this beta. Crash Bandicoot coming tomorrow so my time will be spent on that for a while. :P

First one at Brands Hatch GP with SemtexSheep88 chasing me, still got pretty close at the end but managed to take the win.

Then a very nice race at the Nurburgring again together with @Lord Protector. We stayed close throughout the whole lap, just in the last sectors I gained some time. Thought it'd be enough to keep him behind me on the final straight but nope. :P He still managed to pass me. Won the other 2 races with other drivers following me but they weren't really as exciting so only showing this one.

Also had a nice one at Willow Springs. Savage961 was really close in first lap but the laps after that I only kept gaining time on him. Had some very consistent and fast laps during the whole race.

And just to give you all a good laugh, this happened in one of the Willow races as well. :P

I wanted to go and get some new tyres but my team didn't want to.

But in reality I was just pushing a bit too hard to get the fastest laptime in an otherwise boring race I was easily going to win, hit the sand with 1 wheel and overcorrected which send me straight into the pit entry. Still managed to get 3rd though. :)

So I guess that's it for me with videos for a while, unless another beta update comes along. But I'll be back with more if there's another beta around August (if I'm in) or ofcourse when GT Sport is finally released. :)

I was wondering why you came out of the pits anyway. :lol:

@torque99 Goodwood's awesome ain't it? :D Yeah reception isn't great. The public Gran Turismo Pods are on the FIA stand (behind Ford's stand) and the Future Lab which is showcasing VR.

Thanks... but Damn I was so close to them :lol: I walked passed there quite a few times early morning when it would have been quiet! I was thinking it was just FIA info etc Oh well I enjoyed the day..have fun going back 👍

Last edited:
I finally got down into the 54s in the N300 event at Brands Hatch Indy, which is as of now still enough for first place on the leaderboard.

Here's a turn by turn tutorial on how I achieved my previous best time.

What you see is afterfire, which simply occurs if the car has not finished burning all of the fuel before the exhaust valves open, causing the hot exhaust and oxygen around the tailpipe to ignite the remaining gas as it leaves the exhaust. Generally this would happen off throttle, but if the fuel mixture is quite rich or quite lean it could happen even at full throttle.

I know what afterfire is I've just never seen it happening at full throttle, only when I let off.

Footage i found on Youtube of the Nordschleife, apparently taking at E3.

ABSOLUTELY amazing. Thanks.

Hi @Aderrrm Great info and find...I was also there yesterday (first time going), I had a great time taking and practicing 'panning' photos and watching the Supercars. It was very surreal actually being there after seeing and driving it for many years in video games/GT6 etc! I had to check out most of the hill climb..I Walked for ages looking for the Gran Turismo Pods and asked a few people with blank faces but gave up in the end (too much walking -many miles! It is much bigger than I thought) and never got to the Rally Forest stages. My phone wasn't connecting/working so didn't see this post when I was there. I can't get back there anymore but just out of interest where were they on the site?

p.s I did see this sign though! :cheers:

That's something that I REALLY need to do. I need to go there sometime...
That, along the Nurburgring, was one of the places that my father in law and I wanted to go there, sadly, he died last november.
He was an awesome Gran Turismo fan and an incredible person :(

Nothing against VGTs like the BMW, Lexus, Toyota... but the Chaparral or the Tomahawk, this is Gran Turismo, not Wipeout. I'm sure that some members at Poly must feel uncomfortable. Imagine a car designed by a manufacturer only for your game, you can't drop for obvious reasons.
When I look at the Tomahawk and the Chaparral, they remind me of the Nike ONE 2022 in terms of how futuristic they are. I personally like the fact these cars were in GT6 because I've always been fascinated with the technology involved with concept cars and how they would function in real life. They may not be realistic, but cars like those intrigue with their design and the technology used.

ABSOLUTELY amazing. Thanks.

That's something that I REALLY need to do. I need to go there sometime...
That, along the Nurburgring, was one of the places that my father in law and I wanted to go there, sadly, he died last november.
He was an awesome Gran Turismo fan and an incredible person :(

I hope you make it there one day for your father in law :bowdown::cheers: It is a great day out 👍

Back