GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Poly, the king of inconsistency IMO
The best
28.jpg

The worst (given the lack of Grand Valley, Trial Mountain...)
21.jpg

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201707280084/image/
Is that track on the bottom the BB circuit?

Wait, so there is no "actual" career mode? At least a series of races/time trials like in the past.

Doesn't seem like it. The Polyphony guy in the playstation video mentions career mode being over 150 tests to teach you how to drive. It's ridiculous they couldn't set up actual solo championships after easing in noobs with the driving instruction events.

Doesn't seem like it. The Polyphony guy in the playstation video mentions career mode being over 150 tests to teach you how to drive. It's ridiculous they couldn't set up actual solo championships after easing in noobs with the driving instruction events.
Seriously? This is ridiculous. How much time does it take to create a Toyota GT86 championship : a car, a few tracks, a picture to illustrate the race, counting points and enjoy. Or an event like Evo vs Sti with BOP set by Poly? I hope the critics will be harsh for what seems to be a joke after 4 years in terms of offline.

There will be actual races added via Seasonal Events I'm pretty sure.

There is no seasonal event but custom race in arcade. It's better.

GT Sport will be online oriented. Campaign mode is present to prepare players before online mode. It's very coherent. And for detente between two online races there is the arcade mode with custom races.

There will be actual races added via Seasonal Events I'm pretty sure.

Seasonal events are not a good substitute for a proper career mode with progression. And I have doubts that we'll see them again now that arcade mode pays credits.

That just looks like how you'll sign up with whatever car company you want for the Manufacturer Cup.

The text next to the "Driver Entry" reads: FIA-GT Championships Manufacturer Fan Cup 2017 Season 1
How'd you get seasonal events from that?

The 'Season' relates to the season of the championship. Season 1 is followed by Season 2, 3, etc.

Poly, the king of inconsistency IMO
The best
28.jpg

The worst (given the lack of Grand Valley, Trial Mountain...)
21.jpg

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201707280084/image/
GT Sport would be the first where i heard about the 86 GRMN. A quick google search already left me wondering why these things aren't sold anywhere else outside Japan.

EDIT: Found what probably looks like the most recent footage of the most ancient build. :lol:

Really makes you think they 'burned' the Copper Box build 'to the ground'.

Last edited:
This squashed any remaining concerns I had about the offline experience.

Campaign mode is my proving grounds, Arcade mode is my racing/progression/grinding/training environment, and Sport mode is where I go for intense competition and race series.

And every car in my garage is going to give me returns on the purchase 👍

I am actually a bit miffed that there won't (seemingly) be any structured offline racing in the career mode. I may have gotten my start in the franchise post-PS2 era, but one of the things I loved about GT's career modes (more so for me in GT5 than 6) was that I was forced to try car/track/regulation combos that I never would've thought to try (and in some cases wasn't able to try due to limitations in arcade mode) - in fact, this was actually how I was introduced to the Nurburgring. I still remember unlocking the Lupo Cup race, buying the car, and then getting confused that the event was only one lap. I had never heard of the place before and at first I thought it was a point-to-point track, as around four or five minutes into the race more and more road was layed out ahead. I hadn't raced on such a thin or bumpy road in a realistic game before, and it was exhilarating. That race is still one of my best solo moments I've had in any racing game, and I had several more like it in GT5. The scenarios presented in career mode gave me lots of ideas for races I could set up in arcade, and I probably wouldn't have bothered trying if the career mode had been more bland and repetitive. Even if I sorta know my tastes by now, I still like the challenge of being forced on a track I don't like with an unfamiliar car, or car type (or in the case of GTS, class), and I'm really going to miss having that in this game.

However, the beta got me sold on the online component. I will be able to have fun there, and I do welcome credit+XP rewards for Arcade Mode, here's hoping it has very little constrictions for race set up.

I'm also worried about the balancing of credits with the smaller car list, but I won't go into that here since I already made a long post about it in another thread.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. According to that calendar, it's July 25th. The Miata event is on the 28th. So if I wanted to do a Miata-spec race, I would have to wait three days in real time to participate.

That sounds cool as a separate online mode, but this is the meat in the game. When I start the game, I should be able to do any kind of race I want right away. And what if real life commitments get in the way and I miss the day of the event?

Last edited:
When I start the game, I should be able to do any kind of race I want right away. And what if real life commitments get in the way and I miss the day of the event?

Sport mode should be different than online, community mode (with lobbies and stuff).

So let me get this straight. According to that calendar, it's July 25th. The Miata event is on the 28th. So if I wanted to do a Miata-spec race, I would have to wait three days in real time to participate.

That sounds cool as a separate online mode, but this is the meat in the game. When I start the game, I should be able to do any kind of race I want right away. And what if real life commitments get in the way and I miss the day of the event?
Hard to say until we see it in action. It might only be a one day thing or that calender date might represent only the start date for the event and it may run for several days or longer. I would presume they would make some allowance in the scoring of championship points for missed dates like a best 3 of 5 results or something along those lines. Would be pretty silly though if it was a one day event and missing that day would mean you lost any chance of winning or placing well vs. those who can make every event. I would also assume you'd be able to host a lobby online with the same parameters as the official date and practice race with real people.

Back