GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
No need to double-post!
A few days before Christmas, you say? Sure, why not: it could drive some folks to pick up the PS4 during the all-important holiday season.
Yet another good point for why we will see something in December. :)
:cheers:

@Zlork
He might be right... these renders don't look like GT6... we may have a rendering from GT7. Or it could be rendered with something that's related more to Pixar than it is Polyphony Digital. :P

https://www.gtplanet.net/bugattis-vision-gt-project-noses-into-view-with-new-teasers/

All premium is ready for GT7 ;)

No need to double-post!

I said it before, so I'll say it again: I'll be very surprised if PD don't have some sort of news on September 15th. It's a handful of days before either TGS or Frankfurt open, the former is stacked against their most obvious competition, and the latter already has the Bugatti unveiling, so they have a strong platform there too. I'd assume they could also use the time to finally announce Course Maker, since it's been over a year since Kaz told us he had it in beta form in his hands...

But both the Bugatti VGT and CM are GT6 news. So I'd write off a GT7 trailer for either event, on the simple basis that it'd be colossally bad form for PD to showcase their new game when they haven't even delivered everything that was promised for the last one. The next reasonable event - if they're not planning on doing their own, like the original GT6 announcement at Silverstone - is the PS Experience. A few days before Christmas, you say? Sure, why not: it could drive some folks to pick up the PS4 during the all-important holiday season.

Which would be "colossally bad" is that PoDi release GT7 before the course maker

But I agree that they should release course maker before unveiling GT7. But I'm confident that the course maker is there this year.

GT7 for PSX yes, it's possible, much more likely that TGS or PGW. But I'll avoid having high expectations.

IMO, the first trailer will create hype for the casual players (99% of the buyers/players) but for the hardcore fans (1% of the buyers/players <=> us on gtplanet) it will be another story...

Their trailers are always the same, the same kind of shots, the same kind of camera rotations, the same faked sounds, the same "no atmosphere on track", the same "no human drama", the same "not a single sign of real career mode"... I'm not a kid anymore, if GT7 first trailer is the same as always but simply more beautiful, I will not be hyped.

Don't get me wrong, GT6 is a good game but the series stagnates for so long... For me the last huge improvements was GT4 with the new photo mode and a huge amount of content. Since then we only had the legal minimum evolution (online, better graphics, better physics). We've seen nothing about a real craeer mode with real AI, real damage and real atmosphere ! Kaz said himself that GT6 was supposed to be about human drama ... Worse still, B-spec is a downgrade, rallye is a downgrade, content is a downgrade...

To be honest, I connect everyday on gtplanet forums with the secret hope of finding the news about GT7 that will proves me that I'm wrong.

PS : Everybody talks about the course maker and the fact that they should release it before they announce GT7. "Breaking news !" -> Nobody cares except us, a few dudes here on gtplanet. Even if they choose to not release the course maker on GT6, it will have absolutely no impact on GT7 sales.

Last edited:
IMO, the first trailer will create hype for the casual players (99% of the buyers/players) but for the hardcore fans (1% of the buyers/players <=> us on gtplanet) it will be another story...

Their trailers are always the same, the same kind of shots, the same kind of camera rotations, the same faked sounds, the same "no atmosphere on track", the same "no human drama", the same "not a single sign of real career mode"... I'm not a kid anymore, if GT7 first trailer is the same as always but simply more beautiful, I will not be hyped.

Don't get me wrong, GT6 is a good game but the series stagnates for so long... For me the last huge improvements was GT4 with the new photo mode and a huge amount of content. Since then we only had the legal minimum evolution (online, better graphics, better physics). We've seen nothing about a real craeer mode with real AI, real damage and real atmosphere ! Kaz said himself that GT6 was supposed to be about human drama ... Worse still, B-spec is a downgrade, rallye is a downgrade, content is a downgrade...

To be honest, I connect everyday on gtplanet forums with the secret hope of finding the news about GT7 that will proves me that I'm wrong.

PS : Everybody talks about the course maker and the fact that they should release him before they announce GT7. "Breaking news !" -> Nobody cares except us, a few dudes here on gtplanet. Even if they choose to not release the course maker on GT6, it will have absolutely no impact on GT7 sales.
Am sad to say, but agree with you :( I will buy it but I think that game will be made for casual players again... Just like last two GT's...

Kaz "has guaranteed that the seventh chapter will solve many problems related to the physical impacts and simulation of damage, two aspects that have always been taken seriously by fans of this saga." Link

Just wanted to point that out.
The impacts in GT5 and GT6 are terrible. Especially with that "THUD" sound that plays every single time. :P

Even if they choose to not release the course maker on GT6, it will have absolutely no impact on GT7 sales.

Nobody might care now, but I bet every reviewer would bring it up in the GT7 review though. Especially if GT7 also had content to come in a future update.

It's important if they want to be taken seriously whenever they make statements about the future of their game. And maybe some people who felt burnt by buying GT6 might consider GT7 if they make it good.

I'll be very surprised if PD don't have some sort of news on September 15th. [...] is the PS Experience

I say: let's wait until the official Gran Turismo website is under maintenance. Remember when the first GT6 teaser dropped one or two weeks before the Silverstone announcement? Everyone speculated if it was GT6 or not (although it was highly obvious), and then; a few days before the official announcement the site went under maintenance. And then the site was full of GT6 stuff.

The impacts in GT5 and GT6 are terrible. Especially with that "THUD" sound that plays every single time. :P

Pcars is worst in collision and having lots of bugs as well. But that does not mean the gameplay is bad. Collision, damage is something we should see a improvement for sure. As far as the trailer reveal only after they have the course maker and other updates. I am sure they can have the course maker for download since GT5 already had it. Since GT7 will not be on PS3 I do not think it will matter much TBH. They might shut down the server though for it after some years once GT7 is released. I guess it depends on the active players :indiff:

To me not seeing a trailer is major discouraging of a hope of a 2016 release for GT7. Assetto Corsa has a 2016 release date projection, And we have already seen the trailer months ago, and when the GT7 trailer does drop it will be a frenzy as always, but I think a long tease will have a greater sales explosion than a short one:drool:, So Polyphony Digital needs to come on with it.

Which would be "colossally bad" is that PoDi release GT7 before the course maker

Even though I understand A lot of people really like Course maker, I personally thought it to be a waste of time, especially online, Why learn a personalized circuit, That No real professional driver or the best Sim Racers hasn't had access to set records for the whole community to gauge their skills, There are plenty enough real world race circuits to learn and enhance your skills from, Look at PCARS, I never understood the novelty of personal Circuits, especially so close to to the GT7 release, because GT6 server will be shut down anyway, I always held the idea of customizing cars and individualizing them to be the greatest value, especially online, To establish your own identifying livery, and so bad drivers can be easily identified, LOL.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Playstation Experience. Sony tends to surprise us. It being solely a Playstation event, there wont be any opposition, so confidence levels should be high.

Ideally, Sony would unveil Gran Turismo 7 with some in game footage and put at the end of the trailer '2016'.

Better yet, they would give us a tech demo of sorts to download from Playstation store for free, with one car and one track to drive around. (would be a very generous Christmas present), but that's probably asking too much.

A little off-topic.
I was looking for something in my old cds and found this!

Qxuxx.jpg

Screenshots are very small, but second GT Premium shot is like what I want from first GT7 trailer! It has a next gen feeling for me and I dont know why! :D

A little off-topic.
I was looking for something in my old cds and found this!

Qxuxx.jpg

Screenshots are very small, but second GT Premium shot is like what I want from first GT7 trailer! It has a next gen feeling for me and I dont know why! :D
No. That's the GTHD trailer.

That's because they're renders by Bugatti and nothing done within the Gran Turismo 6 engine.

But what if it was taken from the GT7 rendering engine as a test?

Last edited:
Why would Bugatti be using PD's assets in the process of making their car? Especially when things like 3DS Max and Maya exist publicly...
I know its probably in Max or Maya. I agree completely, but it would make a lot of sense for a car that's going to be in Gran Turismo uses the same renderer as Gran Turismo.

Is there any public information on the 'net regarding the creation process used by PD? I'm into 3D graphics (modeling & animation) as a hobby, but I love reading up on how professional studios create content. I agree with you @sk8er913 that they probably use 3dsmax and/or Maya, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have several in-house tools as well.

Is there any public information on the 'net regarding the creation process used by PD? I'm into 3D graphics (modeling & animation) as a hobby, but I love reading up on how professional studios create content. I agree with you @sk8er913 that they probably use 3dsmax and/or Maya, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have several in-house tools as well.
Mercedes modelled their VGT on Maya 2013, I saw it on a video somewhere and recognized it. But I have no idea what renderer they used... mental ray is a good public one.

It was somewhat obvious PD wouldn't be at TGS. TGS's main focus is the Japanese market and mobile games now, plus the handful of Japanese exclusives. It's rare that world releases get shown there.

It was somewhat obvious PD wouldn't be at TGS. TGS's main focus is the Japanese market and mobile games now, plus the handful of Japanese exclusives. It's rare that world releases get shown there.

I'm surprised by some of the big titles that are showcasing there though (SW:BF and COD:BO3), after what I saw a few years ago. They had absolutely nothing (I think it was 2013?)
Yes, list is here
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09...up-of-playable-games-at-tokyo-game-show-2015/

And some that they cant tell about will make it too.

What do you mean, "can't tell?" There's nothing in that article about not telling a title.

I'm surprised by some of the big titles that are showcasing there though (SW:BF and COD:BO3), after what I saw a few years ago. They had absolutely nothing (I think it was 2013?)

What do you mean, "can't tell?" There's nothing in that article about not telling a title.
Copy/paste from article:
"The press release mentions that the list includes only the titles that can be disclosed as of September 1st (today), meaning that there are probably some that still haven’t been announced, and that aren’t included in the list for that reason."

Copy/paste from article:
"The press release mentions that the list includes only the titles that can be disclosed as of September 1st (today), meaning that there are probably some that still haven’t been announced, and that aren’t included in the list for that reason."
Have their been any new announcements?

Why not release the first trailer at the Frankfurt motor show next week, alongside the Bugatti VGT... It would be the first (I think) that a game would be announced at a motorshow but I believe it would give them more attention.

For sure, and with everything and anything spreading like wildfire these days, the news would make it every gaming site within hours to inform the gaming world. There's really no need to be announcing a game like this at a electronics or gaming show.

Last edited:
Back