GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
I think it should be this year with some news or trailer once every 3months or so leading to the launch :)

Obviously it will create hype. They will do really good if they can match DC trailers which looks amazing

They should show a big trailer during Paris games week in October and that would get the hype going. Then in between then and E3 2016 I'm pretty sure we get a lot of information about the game. Then when E3 2016 gets here they should show gameplay. Then release around the winter of 2016. I mean this would be a smart choice. We already know GT7 ain't coming this year. But yea I would love it if they can do it like this.

They need to give us the course maker on GT6, at least a draft version by the end of this year, then the rest of the VGT cars, only after can they fully focus on completing GT7 for end of 2016.

This would be a semi realistic schedule for his team...

From a project management perspective... That is still a lot of work to iron out the details...

They need to give us the course maker on GT6, at least a draft version by the end of this year, then the rest of the VGT cars, only after can they fully focus on completing GT7 for end of 2016.

This would be a semi realistic schedule for his team...

From a project management perspective... That is still a lot of work to iron out the details...
Kaz is said to have had the course maker in Beta as of last year.

I'm not one of those who believe that the course maker will arrive last year.

Last year, It lacked the community mode, quick match and B-Spec Mode....
To be honest, I wasn't expecting any of those to turn up either. But it's been almost two years since the game has been released, and on top of that, it's on a legacy console. I don't see any point in bringing the course maker to GT6 now, it's way too late.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting any of those to turn up either. But it's been almost two years since the game has been released, and on top of that, it's on a legacy console. I don't see any point in bringing the course maker to GT6 now, it's way too late.

Everyone has their opinion.

For example, I have a PS4 but I always play to GT6. When the course maker will be there, I'll use it.

I agree that it starts getting a bit long but it will help me to wait the end of 2016....

In any case, I am pleased to see that Podi following their game until the release of the next episode.

It's not quite legacy yet, there are many games that's servers are still "online." Call of Duty Black Ops from 2010 is still online with about 35,000 people online, GT6 Is still online with some updates to go to. I wouldn't call that a dead console. Although we can all see that its dying off very quickly. I think the PS3 will remain "active" until the end of 2016. And then it will be a legacy console, but right now it's not.

It's not quite legacy yet, there are many games that's servers are still "online." Call of Duty Black Ops from 2010 is still online with about 35,000 people online, GT6 Is still online with some updates to go to. I wouldn't call that a dead console. Although we can all see that its dying off very quickly. I think the PS3 will remain "active" until the end of 2016. And then it will be a legacy console, but right now it's not.

If you consider legacy hardware to be something that's no longer being played, then nothing is ever legacy.

If you consider legacy hardware to be something that's at least a generation behind the current standard and not directly compatible, then PS3 is totally legacy.

The PS2 sold for freaking ages after the PS3 came out, and continued to be very successful. But it was an out of date piece of hardware that was desirable for it's low price and enormous library of relatively high quality but cheap games.

The PS3 may do the same, and many companies will likely leave their servers up, because they might as well. Hell, last time I checked servers for FM2 were still up, although the auction house didn't work (which I don't care about because I don't have Live Gold).

But the PS3 and 360 are out of date and not compatible with modern generation hardware, so I think labelling them as legacy systems is totally accurate.

I think you're confusing the term with "obsolete", which the PS3 most definitely is not. X360 may become obsolete if Microsoft gets enough of the 360 games compatible with X1, but I don't see Sony doing the same so PS3 is likely to never be obsolete. If you want to play PS3 games, it's probably your only choice.

If you consider legacy hardware to be something that's no longer being played, then nothing is ever legacy.

If you consider legacy hardware to be something that's at least a generation behind the current standard and not directly compatible, then PS3 is totally legacy.

The PS2 sold for freaking ages after the PS3 came out, and continued to be very successful. But it was an out of date piece of hardware that was desirable for it's low price and enormous library of relatively high quality but cheap games.

The PS3 may do the same, and many companies will likely leave their servers up, because they might as well. Hell, last time I checked servers for FM2 were still up, although the auction house didn't work (which I don't care about because I don't have Live Gold).

But the PS3 and 360 are out of date and not compatible with modern generation hardware, so I think labelling them as legacy systems is totally accurate.

I think you're confusing the term with "obsolete", which the PS3 most definitely is not. X360 may become obsolete if Microsoft gets enough of the 360 games compatible with X1, but I don't see Sony doing the same so PS3 is likely to never be obsolete. If you want to play PS3 games, it's probably your only choice.
Most of EAs servers seem to go down pretty fast, GT5 went down pretty fast. PS Home is down, most of the games I have are down, hmm maybe it is legacy... time is a tomahawk. :lol:

I'm not one of those who believe that the course maker will arrive last year.

Last year, It lacked the community mode, quick match and B-Spec Mode....
That's not what you said last year:

upload_2015-8-23_9-43-4.png

GT5 went down pretty fast.

Yeah, but there's a reason for that. It's just that most people have a positive image of Polyphony and Sony and would rather not think that they just did it to drive sales of GT6. Honestly, it was a bit of an EA-style move.

It's a shame that Polyphony and Sony didn't have enough faith in GT6 that it would supplant GT5 on it's own merits without forcing anyone who wanted online to the latest version. They didn't have any problems keeping GT5P servers up for 18 months, because GT5P wasn't competition for GT5.

We gave dates of PGW and PSX conferences, so I give date of TGS : September 15th, 2015. 9AM to 10.30AM in France.
In the OP I have TGS marked as September 18th, is that the wrong day?

I found this as further evidence of a 2016 release date.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...l-be-released-in-2016-d.333566/#post-10930640

I am confident in saying that the trailer is MAXIMUM 9.5 months away, and that the game is minimum 8 months away. Unless they have a major unexpected set back like they did with course maker, and GT5.

In the OP I have TGS marked as September 18th, is that the wrong day?

I found this as further evidence of a 2016 release date.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...l-be-released-in-2016-d.333566/#post-10930640

I am confident in saying that the trailer is MAXIMUM 9.5 months away, and that the game is minimum 8 months away. Unless they have a major unexpected set back like they did with course maker, and GT5.

Sony Conference ;)

I doubt that GT7 will be present at TGS. I think Kaz will be at the Frankfurt salon with Bugatti.

Don't matter, this collaboration between PD and Bugatti seems like something more than just a VGT project...
What do you mean? How could it be more? looks just like the other 20 or so to me.

Don't matter, this collaboration between PD and Bugatti seems like something more than just a VGT project...
@Zlork
He might be right... these renders don't look like GT6... we may have a rendering from GT7. Or it could be rendered with something that's related more to Pixar than it is Polyphony Digital. :P

https://www.gtplanet.net/bugattis-vision-gt-project-noses-into-view-with-new-teasers/

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to double-post!

I said it before, so I'll say it again: I'll be very surprised if PD don't have some sort of news on September 15th. It's a handful of days before either TGS or Frankfurt open, the former is stacked against their most obvious competition, and the latter already has the Bugatti unveiling, so they have a strong platform there too. I'd assume they could also use the time to finally announce Course Maker, since it's been over a year since Kaz told us he had it in beta form in his hands...

But both the Bugatti VGT and CM are GT6 news. So I'd write off a GT7 trailer for either event, on the simple basis that it'd be colossally bad form for PD to showcase their new game when they haven't even delivered everything that was promised for the last one. The next reasonable event - if they're not planning on doing their own, like the original GT6 announcement at Silverstone - is the PS Experience. A few days before Christmas, you say? Sure, why not: it could drive some folks to pick up the PS4 during the all-important holiday season.

Back