GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 146 comments
Big change , one that I have been bitching about since day 1
I'm proud to say
car grids are now completely random in custom / arcade race .
Tested it with five tracks .
Previously car grids were hand picked by polyphony .
That meant every #1-2 car in GT 3 was a BMW and the third car was always a GTR etc.

The best proof is Rally .
If you picked starting #2 you always got the Audi Quatro as an opponent . If you picked #1 you got a mustang Gr.b

Just done a custom GT3 race at Le Mans and it was the usual grid with the BMWs 1 and 2 so has not changed for me.

CJ

Seems to be a change to the garage thumbnails as there is a message saying Garage Thumnbails updated when I loaded up
and now it's having to reload all the car picture thumbnails in my garage, anyone idea's about this?

I also think I may have lost 3 cars but that could be the three corrupt DLC cars which have exclamation marks over
them (Corvette, Nismo GT-R and Toyota FT-1) due to licences not being recognised.

I’m having the same problem.
I also noticed this bug. To solve this, I just opened the garage and waited for the thumbnails to load one by one. Lucky me I only have 160ish cars lol
At the end, still miss 3 cars. I tried to select the livery just by clicking on the original one and abracadabra, the thumbnails reappeared that way :) 👍

I also noticed this bug. To solve this, I just opened the garage and waited for the thumbnails to load one by one. Lucky me I only have 160ish cars lol
At the end, still miss 3 cars. I tried to select the livery just by clicking on the original one and abracadabra, the thumbnails reappeared that way :) 👍

Had to leave the console running for mine as I have 348 cars in the garage so it was taking a while to update the thumbnails...

Hi,
2k Performance mode, backfire - yes
4k Performance mode, backfire - no

testet with that new Group C Mercedes.

I put it priortise quality I barely see any Backfires and its on 1080P I put it on the framerate option and the backfires work. Why is it like that?

I put it priortise quality I barely see any Backfires and its on 1080P I put it on the framerate option and the backfires work. Why is it like that?
its stupid bug thats affecting the game over 3 months now...only mclaren 650s gt3 has backfire...

- Arcade mode AI are now completely randomized in both Single and Custom race. Cars are no longer in the same order every time you race them

They must of been listening to somebody, though the races are fun, the same car order made the races repetitive.

This behavior however was NOT present in the GTS World Tour championship, where a bunch of races were grid-start type (with no TC) and the cars behaved very natural, just as you'd see in something like Assetto Corsa. So there DEFINITELY was a different tire model in that championship.
It was confirmed by a you tube reporter who was doing a video recap of one of the world championship races that indeed they were using a new tire model for those events.He did not know if it would make it into this update

I don't know if anyone noticed but even though i got a penalty at every lap in the first and last sectors on today's daily race (5 laps at Le Mans) I still got SR up arrows and at the end my SR was blue. I think smaller track cut penalties don't count anymore towards the SR rating, only those though, because when I bumped a guy that was spinning across the road I got a 3 second penalty and an SR down arrow.

If you need proof I'll upload the replay tomorrow with the uni WiFi as with the internet I have at home it'd take me several hours.

I don't know if anyone noticed but even though i got a penalty at every lap in the first and last sectors on today's daily race (5 laps at Le Mans) I still got SR up arrows and at the end my SR was blue. I think smaller track cut penalties don't count anymore towards the SR rating, only those though, because when I bumped a guy that was spinning across the road I got a 3 second penalty and an SR down arrow.

If you need proof I'll upload the replay tomorrow with the uni WiFi as with the internet I have at home it'd take me several hours.

I think you might be right as I got quite a few two second penalties for track cuts due to the very tight rules on the Dunlop Chicane. My SR was blue.

CJ

Have they tidied up the replays? Before some decals etc would look grainy or faded but now the car really pops it looks amazing. Not sure it’s not just me though?

There was always a difference between decal quality in offline and online races, which made race photos from online races kinda weird, seeing very low res decals on those great car models.

Could that be it? But if they improved the decal quality in online that'd be great! :)

There was always a difference between decal quality in offline and online races, which made race photos from online races kinda weird, seeing very low res decals on those great car models.

Could that be it? But if they improved the decal quality in online that'd be great! :)

I noticed it after a practice qualifying for GR2 at Interlagos daily race. Car just looks more crisp, less blur maybe

I believe track limits have changed. Getting penalties for cutting rumble strips. Still learning them as i go. It seems you need 2 wheels in line with the tarmac on the track at all times. When my inner wheels are on the rumble strips, I get a penalty.

I’ve picked up a few 2.5 sec penalties after going wide on interlagos after turn 7 and just before slamming on the brakes for turn 8 - in just one race, poor driving absolutely, but I’m fairly sure I didn’t get penalties before and have many times ran far wider (usually in my GR4 Huracan ), yes again, I’m not a great driver

Quality patch. Other sims would charge for this much DLC.

Other sims have way more content and features straight out of the box than GTS has right now. Even previous GT editions had way more content straight away...
It would be scandalous if PD didn't add all this content for free. And Imo PD has still a long way to go until it is in par with other sims or previous GT editions, just saying...

When searching for car liveries for specific cars, they really should implement more choices. I'd like to see the most "popular" replica liveries rather than search results being a day's results. Really? I have to click "Old" to see others? How did they think this was intuitive at all?

I know on the website, it's different, not sure why it's not implemented in the game.

There is a pedestrian bridge over Big Willow start/finish area. Please tell me that is new!

Well, its kinda not new as it was seen in older demo builds buuut, it definitely wasn't there from release so its sorta new to the full game I guess.

Reload the race . I'm litteraly in a GR3 race with a different order .

Not working for me in GT3 class in either custom race or arcade with inter opponents I only get the two BMWs one and two on the grid. Tried about 8 times and have also restarted GTS in case the various updates had not kicked in fully.
Please let me know what race config you are using.

CJ

Back