GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.28)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 158 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else (Such as features being broken or things still not fixed) other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. New Cars
 - The following 9 cars have been added:
  ・Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzate da Zagato CN.AR750106 ’65
  ・BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) ’11
  ・Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe ’06
  ・Honda NSX Type R ’92
  ・Mazda RX500 ’70
  ・Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) ’89
  ・Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster ’60
  ・
Porsche 911 GT3 (996) ’01
  ・Porsche 911 GT3 (997) ’08

2. Tracks
 - The "Fuji Speedway" track has been added in 2 different layouts:
  ・Fuji Speedway F
  ・Fuji Speedway GT

3. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・Beginner League “The Passion of Dr. Wankel”
  ・Amateur League “Real Circuit Tours”
  ・Professional League “Group 1 Cup”
  ・"Stars & Stripes" Rounds 4 & 5
  ・" J Sport Meeting" Rounds 6 & 7
  ・"Mercedes AMG Grand Prix" Rounds 4 & 5
  ・"Gr.3 Endurance Series" Round 4

- "Red Bull Ring" has been added to the "Circuit Experience".

4. Scapes
 - "Fuji Speedway" Has been added to the special featured section

5. Brand Central
 - "Plymouth" has been added to the America region lineup;
 - The Racing Kart 125 Shifter has been added to the "Gran Turismo" lineup in the Asia-Pacific region. (The car can be purchased with in-game Credits after completing the Racing Etiquette. It can also be purchased through the PlayStation™Store without completing the Racing Etiquette.)

6. Controller
 - Compatibility for the Fanatec® CSL Elite (for PS4) rev lights has been added;
 - The frequency and strength of the force feedback vibration when the steering is turned too far have been adjusted.

7. Physics Simulation Model
- The Tyre Wear value has been adjusted;

Other Improvements and Adjustments.

- The handling when steering and the regulation system for the hybrid system on the Mercedes-Benz F1 W08 EQ Power+ '17 (and its colour variations) have been improved;
- The TCS controls have been adjusted. (U-turns are now easier to do in rear wheel drive cars with TCS set to 2 or higher);
- The amount of grip lost when driving off the track in relation to the debris accumulated on tyres has been adjusted.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes
- The Sound on the Mazda 787B has been changed.
- The Start/Finish typo at Suzuka has been fixed
- The sound volume of gravel when the car goes off track has been increased
- Qualifying sessions in FIA races now allow you to finish your lap when the session time is up
- The Rev limiter in the Toyota GR Supra Concept has been changed.
- Dirt accumulation on cars has been visually enhanced.
- The Planes at Blue Moon Bay Now sport 10 unique liveries (Most seemingly based on real airlines)

Last edited:
New kind of mainmenu video showcasing the new cars when you start the game.. Dont know if this is a permanent change or one off.

None of the 'new' car additions in this update came with the 'new' tag as they usually do... for me at least. did anyone else notice it?.

The tag was present for GT League events and the Fuji scapes.

There's a lot more noise of gravel etc hitting the underside of the car after going off or having two wheels on the grass... (It's annoying enough to keep you on track)

And I didn't notice their ranking before the race (but they were pretty clean while racing), but the drivers that rage quit seem to have had their SR ranking dropped to E..?
PS_Messages_20180926_113313.jpg

There's a lot more noise of gravel etc hitting the underside of the car after going off or having two wheels on the grass... (It's annoying enough to keep you on track)

And I didn't notice their ranking before the race (but they were pretty clean while racing), but the drivers that rage quit serum to have had their SR ranking dropped to E..
View attachment 768643

Can you have a look for them on Kudos Prime to see if this is permanent or just how the game lists it?

And I didn't notice their ranking before the race (but they were pretty clean while racing), but the drivers that rage quit seem to have had their SR ranking dropped to E..?
View attachment 768643

They don't get dropped to E. It is just a placeholder, that has always happened

Can you have a look for them on Kudos Prime to see if this is permanent or just how the game lists it?

Ah... it's just how it lists it.

Shame, as the guy who messed up my race ramming me off track quits and only lost 3 SR points.

So. I was watching kie and he suspected the lower gears have more grip now on corner exit. Anyone have that feeling?

How about standing starts? anyone tried them yet?

Back