GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.32/1.33)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 224 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented (1.32)

1. New Cars

- The following 8 cars have been added:

・Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 '53
  ・BMW Z8 '01
  ・Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
  ・Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98
  ・Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
  ・Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56
  ・
Shelby G.T.350 '65
  ・TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00

2. Track

- The "Special Stage Route X" Track has been added

3. Campaign Mode
- The following events have been added to "GT League:"

・Beginner League: "Z Heritage"
  ・ "Stars & Stripes" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・ "Vision Gran Turismo Trophy" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・ "X2014 Nations Cup" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・ "Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series" Round 4

- "Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop" has been added to the "Circuit Experience".

4. Scapes

- “Cambridge - A city of cutting edge science'” has been added to the special featured section
5. Brand Central
 - Museum has been added to "TVR".

6. Top Screen
 - A link redirecting to 'Gran Turismo LIVE' has been added to the Top Screen. 'Gran Turismo LIVE' is a special page hosting all the broadcast archives from the 'FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championship' 2018 Series Regional Finals and World Finals. ('Gran Turismo LIVE' can be reached from the special icon located on the upper right corner of the Top Screen in-game or from the dedicated 'Gran Turismo LIVE' special section of the official gran-turismo.com website.)

7. Race Screen
 - A 'Low Fuel' indicator will now be shown when approaching the pit area. (This indicator can be toggled ON/OFF from the Driving Options.)

8. Physics Simulation Model
 - The handling behaviour of the cars have been adjusted;
 - With this update of car's physics simulation model, the rankings of "Driving School", "Mission Challenge", and "Circuit Experience" have been reset. (This will not affect a player's level progression).

Main Features Implemented (1.33)

1. Sport Mode
- Fixed an issue wherein hitting the “confirm” button multiple times during warm up and qualifying made the game impossible to control.

2. Lobby
- Fixed an issue wherein the refuelling speed was slower than intended when loading old Event Settings.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue wherein the vibration feature of the Wireless DUALSHOCK®4 controller would not work when used to drive while a Steering Controller was also connected;
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- Cars no longer bounce off the Revs at top speed.
- Corner cutting penalty has been modified at Catalunya, now the player will be reset with a penalty should they cut the final corner
- Quality of life changes in the GT League menu (Faster Transitions and Cursor speed)

- The Hyundai VGT's Holographic Grille badge has been fixed.
- An issue where the Audi VGT (Gr.1) could be used to participate in Vision Gran Turismo Trophy on GT League Professional has been fixed.
- Target changing in Variable camera has been changed.
- Top Speed of the Model S has been changed from 135MPH to 131MPH.
- The Tachometer red zone of the GR Supra Racing Concept has been fixed.

Last edited:
GT350 doesn't have a fuel cut. Took it to the max at route X. Didn't cut out in the straight and downhill sections.

Need to try other cars if this is a thing just for that circuit.

GT350 doesn't have a fuel cut. Took it to the max at route X. Didn't cut out in the straight and downhill sections.

Not sure if a bug (possibly) or an intentional thing. It's a carburettor engine after all so there's nothing to actually cut it, it just revs as far as it can and then runs out of steam as the power curve goes down.

Not sure if a bug (possibly) or an intentional thing. It's a carburettor engine after all so there's nothing to actually cut it, it just revs as far as it can and then runs out of steam as the power curve goes down.
So, that's cool, but the Mach I and Challenger(although with short gears) don't do this.

GT League
1. The transition between top menu and event select screen is way faster.
2. The cursor moves slower in the round select screen.

Honda BEAT '91
The "BEAT" decal on its bodyside is still present in Livery Editor.
It disappeared without any announcement until 1.31.

Last edited:
Small improvement in the Livery editor, not sure if it's documented or not?

When selecting decals the cursor / pointer jumps straight to the top left selection box, not to the far left of screen as it used too.
Just makes selection a nano second quicker. :)
Also, when you click on a decal to add, the circular waiting-loading symbol is no longer there, it just waits a second or two then goes to your car.

Cars that top out at last gear no longer bounce at the rev limiter. It's just a long clear high note of the car. Tried it on the Nissan R92CP, where it now stays at a certain high rpm, and the turbo meter decreases a bit. I see it more as a speed limiter but not a speed limiter, if you get what I mean...

Cars that top out at last gear no longer bounce at the rev limiter. It's just a long clear high note of the car. Tried it on the Nissan R92CP, where it now stays at a certain high rpm, and the turbo meter decreases a bit. I see it more as a speed limiter but not a speed limiter, if you get what I mean...
So this confirms my finding with the Mustang GT350 at Route X.

So this confirms my finding with the Mustang GT350 at Route X.
Yeap. I'm pretty happy with that, because some cars have a really long and tall last gear so you'll never hear it bouncing in last gear, whereas some high performance cars do that and to be honest, I kind of found it to be annoying. I've tested it on some road cars and race cars. E.g. Lamborghini Aventador, Mercedes Sauber C9 and the Aston Martin Vulcan.

***Actually, it reminds me of Assetto Corsa's road cars hitting max gear and top speed sounding similar!

Small improvement in the Livery editor, not sure if it's documented or not?

When selecting decals the cursor / pointer jumps straight to the top left selection box, not to the far left of screen as it used too.
Just makes selection a nano second quicker. :)
Glad to see this. They break that just about every other update.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:
I don't know why these concepts are difficult.

I've never noticed this one before, so whether it's an undocumented change or I just need to look to the lower-left more often, but when smashing along the SSRX straights in the TVR Tuscan, the front tyres gain a faint blue band in the tyre status indicator. This goes away under braking, which suggests that this indicates cold tyres.

I don't know why these concepts are difficult.

I've never noticed this one before, so whether it's an undocumented change or I just need to look to the lower-left more often, but when smashing along the SSRX straights in the TVR Tuscan, the front tyres gain a faint blue band in the tyre status indicator. This goes away under braking, which suggests that this indicates cold tyres.
That's not new. When the refuelling bug was still a thing I did a race at Le Sarthe in a Sambabus, the tyres had that blue outline the whole time.

That's not new. When the refuelling bug was still a thing I did a race at Le Sarthe in a Sambabus, the tyres had that blue outline the whole time.
Well, if anything would do it, the La Sarthe straights in a rear-engined, 30hp minibus would do it :D

I've genuinely never seen it before. In fact I had to move over so the tyre indicators were over the yellow line to give some contrast before I actually accepted it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks :lol:

Well, if anything would do it, the La Sarthe straights in a rear-engined, 30hp minibus would do it :D

I've genuinely never seen it before. In fact I had to move over so the tyre indicators were over the yellow line to give some contrast before I actually accepted it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks :lol:
To be honest too, I've just noticed this for the first time.
Set a 7 lap custom race on Route X with MAX fuel and tyre usage, pitting every lap for fuel, tires still have the blue rings??

Also, the looooooooooong fuel stops are no more in custom race. Refueling is much quicker. 👍

Back