GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.32/1.33)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 224 comments
It's far too subtle an indicator for tyre temperature. The last two GT's had a perfect system where the whole of the tyre icon changed colour depending on heat. Much easier to see.

Being colour blind, I've no hope of utilising the new method and have to monitor how the car's behaving instead. Usually finding out too late that I've cooked the tyres.

I’m not sure if this is where this goes or not, but the Brake Light bug is finally fixed, it no longer makes cars faster to run them with the brake light on. I’ve posted videos from last night and today in the daily race thread as evidence. This is great!

It's far too subtle an indicator for tyre temperature. The last two GT's had a perfect system where the whole of the tyre icon changed colour depending on heat. Much easier to see.

Being colour blind, I've no hope of utilising the new method and have to monitor how the car's behaving instead. Usually finding out too late that I've cooked the tyres.
Yeh, it's always been a very basic indicator in Sport.
Essentially useless, and could certainly be improved.

As I said in the old post, it's really only noticeable when you either lock and hold the fronts, continuously light up the drive wheels, or sit in the pits for an extended period.
I've never noticed it ploughing straight ahead ridiculously understeering for example.

But who knows.
Perhaps it has been tweaked a bit this update with more prominent colours or more sensitivity to temperature change?
But the box itself around the tyres with the colour change looks the same to me.

It’s fixed!! It only took one lap to find out but I did 5 just to make sure, not only are you not faster now with the brake light on, you are actually slower, even if there is no brake bar showing and only the red light. They finally fixed it. :)

Fiat 500, Post 1.32 no shim, 1:07.5

Fiat 500, Post 1.32 with shim, 1:09.1

The brake bug is officially fixed!!

I’m not sure if this is where this goes or not, but the Brake Light bug is finally fixed, it no longer makes cars faster to run them with the brake light on. I’ve posted videos from last night and today in the daily race thread as evidence. This is great!
Nice one! God is Japanese - after all!
Obviously they did not mention it in the changelog, as that would amount to admitting the bug :banghead:
If only they could remove the cheated top 10 times, too...

Nice one! God is Japanese - after all!
If only they could remove the cheated top 10 times, too...

Mine from the test yesterday is gone from the NA leaderboard, I haven’t looked at the other ones though.

Aha, we call it "testing" now !?
The top 10 european times still contain cheats on 1st, 2nd and 10th place...

Oh course, how else could one know if it was fixed post update if you don’t test to see if it worked yesterday before the update, you need a control test. Yesterday it was 4 seconds faster around LMC in the Fiat with your brake light blinking than it was today after the update.

Was there a bug about brake?
What kind of bug is it?
Apparently there was a glitch with the ABS in the game that caused cars to have much higher than normal top speed or acceleration. I can't remember which.

Is it really a good (realistic) thing that cars don't bounce off the rev limiter now? I mean from a gaming perspective it's better because you can race any car at any track and not worry about hitting the limit but from a realistic one it's quite a bummer. Thoughts?

I think the customised gearbox's have had another change.
Although I can't nail down the how the categories work.

Some examples:
The Audi TT coupe has Automatic Transmission or Fully Customised Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission
The Alfa MiTo has Manual Transmission or Fully Customised Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission
The McLaren MP4-12C has Automatic Transmission or Fully Customised Seamless Shift Transmission
The Pontiac Firebird has Manual Transmission or Fully Customised Manual Transmission
The RedBull X2014 has Seamless Shift Transmission or Fully Customised Seamless Shift Transmission
The F1500T is Manual Transmission or Fully Customised Manual Transmission
The NSX Gr2 is Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission or Fully Customised Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission

We seem to have Manual, Automatic, Non-synchronous Sequential, and Seamless Shift.
And in a pattern which escapes me, but I'm sure some of you will see it straight away.

If this has been documented/mentioned already then sorry in advance.

So I did a custom race around Route X with the Tomahawk Xs and it seems that the time it takes to refuel is back to the way it was before the December Update '18.

Edit: I can confirm that the time it takes to refuel is back to normal for custom races. Here's an example.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190118173301_.gif

Last edited:
I think the customised gearbox's have had another change.
Although I can't nail down the how the categories work.

Some examples:
The Audi TT coupe has Automatic Transmission or Fully Customised Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission
The Alfa MiTo has Manual Transmission or Fully Customised Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission
The McLaren MP4-12C has Automatic Transmission or Fully Customised Seamless Shift Transmission
The Pontiac Firebird has Manual Transmission or Fully Customised Manual Transmission
The RedBull X2014 has Seamless Shift Transmission or Fully Customised Seamless Shift Transmission
The F1500T is Manual Transmission or Fully Customised Manual Transmission
The NSX Gr2 is Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission or Fully Customised Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission

We seem to have Manual, Automatic, Non-synchronous Sequential, and Seamless Shift.
And in a pattern which escapes me, but I'm sure some of you will see it straight away.
It was introduced in the Norvember update, 1.29.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/manual/#!/settings/content02

Yeh, I knew about that and thought that too mate.
But I've looked into it enough to convince myself it was the "Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission" term added in 1.29
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hanges-thread-1-29-1-30.383060/#post-12531549

Fairly certain the "Seamless Shift Transmission" is a new one again.
Saying that, I certainly haven't driven every single car since 1.29, so perhaps it was introduced and I missed it.
Has anyone noticed a Seamless Shift gearbox option before today?

Last edited:
Yeh, I knew about that and thought that too mate.
But I've looked into it enough to convince myself it was the "Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission" term added in 1.29
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hanges-thread-1-29-1-30.383060/#post-12531549

Fairly certain the "Seamless Shift Transmission" is a new one again.
Saying that, I certainly haven't driven every single car since 1.29, so perhaps it was introduced and I missed it.
Has anyone noticed a Seamless Shift gearbox option before today?
Normal 458 Italia, X2014 Standard, and W08 (can) have Seamless Shift gearbox.
Actually, I knew that MP4-12C can have that for the first time.

Had to go look up what a dirigible was, never heard of it before. Another word for Airship, Zeppelin, Blimp or alien invasion fleet to the more excitable.

You learn something new everyday here at GTP.

Surely Dirigible Plums in Harry Potter you have heard of at Luna's house?

Is it really a good (realistic) thing that cars don't bounce off the rev limiter now? I mean from a gaming perspective it's better because you can race any car at any track and not worry about hitting the limit but from a realistic one it's quite a bummer. Thoughts?
It depends entirely on the vehicle.

As said above with relation to the GT350 Mustang, it has a carburetor-fuelled engine - there is no way to physically limit the revs in it (in the real world). It would just keep accelerating until it could produce no power/ not enough power to overcome wind resistance. This would be due to it not being able to draw in enough air fast enough etc.

Surely Dirigible Plums in Harry Potter you have heard of at Luna's house?
Thanks for finally letting me know what dirigible plums are. Was always confused at that, but not really enough to look it up :lol:.

It depends entirely on the vehicle.

As said above with relation to the GT350 Mustang, it has a carburetor-fuelled engine - there is no way to physically limit the revs in it (in the real world). It would just keep accelerating until it could produce no power/ not enough power to overcome wind resistance. This would be due to it not being able to draw in enough air fast enough etc.
Or the valves starting to float in 4th gear

I've been mentioning from past updates AI speed have definitely improved in Custom Races.

I'm using the cars from this update with tuned suspension and SS tyres. Stock everything else and no TCS. Wear at 1x, 10 minute races at all latest real circuits, Tokyo Expwy SOL and Dragon Trail Gardens. No divebombing. I'm an average player using a DS4.

I've not won a race all day today. Especially finishing N400 with a best of 6th place in the Z8. All the other cars I'm bottom top 10 thru 16th my lowest in the Integra.

Each update appears to adjust AI to be quick at .newer circuits. AI behave the same at circuits like Bathurst. They continue to almost stop, from The Cutting to The Elbow.

It's been an awesome feeling not winning by lap 1. As one of many examples, I had scrap with a 996, at Catalunya. For several laps thru to the finish, I could get close enough while braking on my SS tyres, but naturally, the 996 cornered better and accelerated out of corners as it should. Just awesome to watch. I know different players will have vrying results versus Ai, but this is what I've been noticing each update.

Oh yeah. AI are back to using only the N clategory cars as the User. 👍

Back