GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.32/1.33)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 224 comments
I've been mentioning from past updates AI speed have definitely improved in Custom Races.

I'm using the cars from this update with tuned suspension and SS tyres. Stock everything else and no TCS. Wear at 1x, 10 minute races at all latest real circuits, Tokyo Expwy SOL and Dragon Trail Gardens. No divebombing. I'm an average player using a DS4.

I've not won a race all day today. Especially finishing N400 with a best of 6th place in the Z8. All the other cars I'm bottom top 10 thru 16th my lowest in the Integra.

Each update appears to adjust AI to be quick at .newer circuits. AI behave the same at circuits like Bathurst. They continue to almost stop, from The Cutting to The Elbow.

It's been an awesome feeling not winning by lap 1. As one of many examples, I had scrap with a 996, at Catalunya. For several laps thru to the finish, I could get close enough while braking on my SS tyres, but naturally, the 996 cornered better and accelerated out of corners as it should. Just awesome to watch. I know different players will have vrying results versus Ai, but this is what I've been noticing each update.
I agree on the AI improving! An AI Ford GT very nearly stole a win from me (-0.046!) at SSRX which you can see here if you're curious.

I agree on the AI improving! An AI Ford GT very nearly stole a win from me (-0.046!) at SSRX which you can see here if you're curious.
Yep! I think someone mentioned AI are drafting more now. Much more clever AI. I did two Gr.4 races at SSRX. One in the Scriocco, the other in the TT. Finished last in the TT and 13th in the Scirocco. I do start all my races from 20th though. With this update, I can better see how Ai perform as I start closer to the front.

Is it really a good (realistic) thing that cars don't bounce off the rev limiter now? I mean from a gaming perspective it's better because you can race any car at any track and not worry about hitting the limit but from a realistic one it's quite a bummer. Thoughts?
Also as far as realism goes, drive-by-wire throttles can hold RPMs pretty steadily if my understanding of them is correct. Would every car in the game have this? No. However, engines and engine upgrades in this game don't exactly make the most sense to begin with, so this is really the least of my concerns.

Huh. I did the new Fuji endurance race today and although I won, it wasn’t by tons. I put it down to not driving a Gr 1 car in a while and a little sloppy with the laps, but I also had this feeling the AI was better.

Corrected issue where the Audi VGT (Gr.1) could be used to participate in "Vision Grant Gurismo Trophy" on GT League Professional.
The event was restricted to "Specified VGT Cars" and Group X; as an example we can't use Peugeot VGT Gr.1 .

Another user referencing this on reddit:

Carb can have rev limit not by fuel but by cutting spark.
Ai definitely improved. I almost never race em, but I did on Panorama gr3 just now...

It's far too subtle an indicator for tyre temperature. The last two GT's had a perfect system where the whole of the tyre icon changed colour depending on heat. Much easier to see.

Being colour blind, I've no hope of utilising the new method and have to monitor how the car's behaving instead. Usually finding out too late that I've cooked the tyres.
I can see colours but my color perception is worsen and I also can’t see the blue indicator. It’s a genetic disease. In most games I usually turn on one of the colorblind modes because it makes me see the colors easier.

Apparently, when you select Time Trial, it doesn't show the car anymore when loading. It used to show the car from different angles before you get to hear the engine sounds with the engine-animation. Now the screen is just black and it says "loading" on the bottom of the screen until you hear the engine sounds with the engine-animation being displayed.

Or does that happen only to me?

Interestingly, the animation is still there for Custom Race.

Apparently, when you select Time Trial, it doesn't show the car anymore when loading. It used to show the car from different angles before you get to hear the engine sounds with the engine-animation. Now the screen is just black and it says "loading" on the bottom of the screen until you hear the engine sounds with the engine-animation being displayed.

It seems to be a bug.
Sometimes it's normally played, but sometimes it isn't.

Could be worse.

Carb can have rev limit not by fuel but by cutting spark.
Ai definitely improved. I almost never race em, but I did on Panorama gr3 just now...
Thank you for more confirmation. I mainly do Custom Races with various cars and knew it's been improved each update. I wasn't losing my mind. :)

AI Aggressive now, it does catch up a lot in the X2014 at Le Mans. Haven't it really noticed it anywhere else yet.
AI gets warp speed at St Croix. I made a big gap in the turns. It passed me just at the braking markers of the long back straight! :eek:Unbelievable.

For me the selected car loading screen is showing up in Time Trial but not in GT League.

The AI now following in your draft is a nice touch. Good timing with SSRX being introduced otherwise AI races on that track is going to be more of a snoozefest than it already is :lol:

As for the rev limiter being removed, I must say it takes getting used to. I've been accustomed to the bouncing needle at top speed since GT1. It gives a nice indicator when tuning gears for top speed. Previously if the needle doesn't bounce, you need to shorten gears. If it bounces you lengthen the gear. Now you just have to keep trying by increments to see if you can get a higher top speed or not. Coupled with the digital speedo in GTS it makes it hard to exactly make the RPM sit at the perfect zone for producing max power.

For me the selected car loading screen is showing up in Time Trial but not in GT League.

I just discovered that, if I don't instantly click on "Manual" in the transmission selection screen after choosing the car, it eventually loads the animation.

Edit: In GT League there is no dialogue box for choosing transmission, so it never shows the animation there.

Last edited:
Back