GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.34/1.35)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 213 comments
More than strange, I use the ghost and it was working fine before the update.

I hate wishing bad on others but if others dont have the same problem Im screwed

Whoot Whoot issue with Ghost is Solved.

Some weirdness.

I searching everything to figure it out Even loading saved ghost runs would not show up. Then I stumbled upon the advanced settings out of the in race settings menu.

In here is an option "Show Ghost" I've never noticed it before but more importantly I aint been in the advanced settings in as long as I can remember, but I was using my ghost literally right before the update chasing my Daily Race Q Time so I know I ain't accidentally did anything.

Either way once switched to "On" my Ghost is working and my show hide button works again too. Also I checked if I use my show/hide button would that turn the show ghost option off abd it did not.

In the Mileage Exchange, the class of the two cars you can buy has been added.

I'm also pretty sure there's new fonts available for car numbers in the livery editor.
Do you know how many total? I believe there are somewhere between 14-17 number plates.

The Driving School, Mission Challenges, and Circuit Experience leader board bug where only a time set on your first entry to an event would register to the server and (upon event re-entry) all subsequently faster times would not override that time has been fixed.

FINALLY. :D

Thanks PD, good work. 👍

Do you know how many total? I believe there are somewhere between 14-17 number plates.
I think it was 17 when I looked today. It's not something I usually notice because I always use Type 1 when I'm creating something, but I was doing one of the new GT League events today and saw a font that didn't look familiar on the other cars. I had a look and it seemed like a lot more options than I remembered.

The enhanced sound option was there before the update right?

Yub :)

Any G29 wheel users notice anything different? I haven't changed any settings and feels like I'm getting better feedback and am having less issues trying to catch my car. Could be just me though..

G29 guy here. Did a a quick drive of the new cars and can't say I feel anything different.

Will have more wheeltime later tonight, will see if I spot any changes.

Sweet my problem was part of an undocumented change :D

You see pre update when doing Time Trials or Qualifying laps. Every time I restarted, I would have to hit the show ghost button to see my ghost and have to hit the show ghost button every time I restarted.

I was under the impression this was because I had the show ghost option in advanced settings switched off. So I would have to hit the show ghost button to turn it on while driving.

I though if the advanced setting option for show ghost would be on, I would automatically see my ghost and have to hit show hide ghost button to hide the ghost.

However the advanced settings option doesn't do this at least anymore. If switched to off, the show / hide ghost button does nothing you will not see the ghost.

If switched to on, you always start off session with ghost visible but can hide the ghost with the show/hide button but this time when you restart the ghost is automatically visible you have to hide the ghost whenever you restart if you dont want to see it for that session or turn ghost off in advanced setting to nit have to keep hiding it.

First post updated with some of the posted undocumented changes. I would like to remind people that discussions for the physics or anything related to physics go in the appropriate thread in the first post. Same goes for bugs for glitches.

Also, any sound changes noticed are likely a result of "Various adjustments have been made to sound effects", which is a documented change.

Want to have a virtual tour in Autopolis?
https://goo.gl/maps/Butwmr5ASJG2

Exactly, what does this have to do with undocumented changes in the update?

Last edited:
Sweet my problem was part of an undocumented change :D

You see pre update when doing Time Trials or Qualifying laps. Every time I restarted, I would have to hit the show ghost button to see my ghost and have to hit the show ghost button every time I restarted.

I was under the impression this was because I had the show ghost option in advanced settings switched off. So I would have to hit the show ghost button to turn it on while driving.

I though if the advanced setting option for show ghost would be on, I would automatically see my ghost and have to hit show hide ghost button to hide the ghost.

However the advanced settings option doesn't do this at least anymore. If switched to off, the show / hide ghost button does nothing you will not see the ghost.

If switched to on, you always start off session with ghost visible but can hide the ghost with the show/hide button but this time when you restart the ghost is automatically visible you have to hide the ghost whenever you restart if you dont want to see it for that session or turn ghost off in advanced setting to nit have to keep hiding it.

Why? :banghead:

I think it was 17 when I looked today. It's not something I usually notice because I always use Type 1 when I'm creating something, but I was doing one of the new GT League events today and saw a font that didn't look familiar on the other cars. I had a look and it seemed like a lot more options than I remembered.
20. Still the same. They are used in the MX-5 Cup.
IMG_6601.JPG

Livery save speed must have been changed. I never saved a livery in the same minute.

It was 5:27pm and I pressed Savr for the F1 livery before the Sport Mode event. I stepped out and came back at 5:27pm and the livery asked if I wanted to share it!

Besides the exhaust pops and crackles I think it’s from this update could be from another so correct me if I’m wrong. But I can hear more tires squeaking but 2 different kinds. I was driving McLaren F1 RH on Fuji and in higher speed turns the tires squeals were higher pitched that one I’m aware of. But the second was a more duller deeper squeals when doing about 100kph to 140kph around medium speed turns.

Any G29 wheel users notice anything different? I haven't changed any settings and feels like I'm getting better feedback and am having less issues trying to catch my car. Could be just me though..

Yes G29 here, I’m driving better and more accurate than ever. Could be the update. Because I was struggling last month. I thought I’d improved heaps over a month but it’s probably a combination of the two. With out a doubt the wheel feels better and I’m feeling more bumps it surprised me. Normally it was more dull less noticeable forced feedback. It’s more sensitive now with bumps in the road and car behaviour. So I’m enjoying it more now.

Last edited by a moderator:

If asking why undocumented change. Well because its something that was changed but not documented. (0_0)

If asking why did they do it..

Be it a fix or IMO maybe a glitch IDK alls I do know is it was changed in latestest update and I for one preferred it the old way.

Old way I could choose to have ghost off by default and turn it on with show hide button. Or have it on by default and turn it off with show hide button. Easy.

Now I either have to have ghost on all the time by default and have to hide him every time I restart if I dont want to see the ghost or leave it off all the time and only turn it on in the advanced settings whenever I want to see it..... Dumb dumb dumb dumb

Last edited:
I might just be having a couple of off-days but grinding on La Sarthe (Nostalgia) seems noticeably more difficult. The cars ahead are bunching more, going 3 wide more often, and the rubber banding seems to have got worse..... I'll have to try a few different races.

If asking why undocumented change. Well because its something that was changed but not documented. (0_0)

If asking why did they do it..

Be it a fix or IMO maybe a glitch IDK alls I do know is it was changed in latestest update and I for one preferred it the old way.

Old way I could choose to have ghost off by default and turn it on with show hide button. Or have it on by default and turn it off with show hide button. Easy.

Now I either have to have ghost on all the time by default and have to hide him every time I restart if I dont want to see the ghost or leave it off all the time and only turn it on in the advanced settings whenever I want to see it..... Dumb dumb dumb dumb

Sorry I meant why did they have to change it. I use it the same way you do. Now it’s become inconvenient. They don’t fix things that matter but they change this without anyone asking?

Yes G29 here, I’m driving better and more accurate than ever. Could be the update. Because I was struggling last month. I thought I’d improved heaps over a month but it’s probably a combination of the two. With out a doubt the wheel feels better and I’m feeling more bumps it surprised me. Normally it was more dull less noticeable forced feedback. It’s more sensitive now with bumps in the road and car behaviour. So I’m enjoying it more now.

I played a day before the update and it feels very different (much better). I'ts more enjoyable now and it feels like I am more capable of driver the cars to the limit.

G29 user, played for 4 hours last night. Didn't feel

Are you using TCS? The difference is when my wheels start spinning and my car begins to slide. Without TCS I can feel it happen and am now able to correct when I start slipping.

Sorry I meant why did they have to change it. I use it the same way you do. Now it’s become inconvenient. They don’t fix things that matter but they change this without anyone asking?

Got you, and agreed

Why they have to mess up something that was working fine I do not understand

Back