GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.34/1.35)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 213 comments
I wouldn't say "better"..... more devious if anything! And yes, I think some of it's got faster! But early days only done so many since the update.

Things that make me think it's faster.... usually when grinding La Sarthe, I don't bother trying to overtake (unless a couple of really slow ones at the back) until the start of the first straight. (really want that bonus). That's when the time behind leader comes on, and it's usually around 25 seconds. Since the update it's been around 30.

I also got punted off by a P4 on one of the last corners.... hit me hard enough for me to spin 180, lose first, lose bonus. :( That has never happened to me in this race before.

Finally the AI placement feels more awkward.... they bunch in groups across the track
sometimes, meaning you have to back off until space to go through. And the amount of times it looks like you'll both arrive at the apex at the same time has increased... again you have to back off or risk the outside at very high speed!

This could all be my imagination, or off-days, or I've just got worse.
I tried Monza and it didn't appear so bad.

Not tried anywhere else yet (saving up for the P4!) and would love to hear others opinions.

All good info! The "not backing off" is good. I hate the way AI can be setting a decent pace when in front of you and the minute you pass they vanish in the rear view. I'd much prefer if they stayed on my bumper and pushed. Also, like you describe, if they hold a line on a corner rather than giving up on every move.

My falling DR rating says otherwise :lol:

I must admit it did not escape me that your qualifying times are always ahead of me and your DR is always behind.:P Then again, I've avoided the last two weeks because I figured the races on offer would only be SR/DR killers so my DR is artificially high having been reached doing events that happened to suit me.

6BK
All good info! The "not backing off" is good. I hate the way AI can be setting a decent pace when in front of you and the minute you pass they vanish in the rear view. I'd much prefer if they stayed on my bumper and pushed. Also, like you describe, if they hold a line on a corner rather than giving up on every move.

I'd rather they didn't push so hard, i.e. into my back end!

I'd be really interested to hear what you and others think after a few Campaign Races.... as I said, it might just be me having a glitch, but others have mentioned it too.

Anyone else have a problem where after the update, all liviries you make prior to the update have been wiped, and you can't edit them now even though there still applied to the cars.

System update help any?

Woke up n had to update PS4
all updated. restarted GT Sport.

now at 2/6 disconnects. one with, one without the "network error" popup window
easily the worst day regarding this issue.

clearing network cache right now (not that I think this will help, but it seemed to be folklore to do that)

6BK
I must admit it did not escape me that your qualifying times are always ahead of me and your DR is always behind.:P Then again, I've avoided the last two weeks because I figured the races on offer would only be SR/DR killers so my DR is artificially high having been reached doing events that happened to suit me.

It's a combination of my own bottle jobs and not being very good at avoiding the torpedo bots. Great example of screwing up my own race was race C yesterday. Built a gap to the driver in 3rd place (7 seconds behind at the end of lap 4) while saving fuel. My extreme fuel saving made it possible to do a very short pitstop at the end of lap 4. My outlap was good enough to catch up to the group that passed me during the pitstop. At the final straight on my outlap I deceide to spin my car around but it gets worse. My car gets reset and I offcourse put my foot down out of frustration causing my car to spin again. I lost so much time that the guys in front of me got a free pitstop and I am now in tenth place and never recoverd. Still managed to DR +800 that race somehow... I am my own worst enemy on the track.

Why did everybody read this into the changelog? (Even The KIE mentions it in a video/stream)
For me it is 1/3 disconnects today, while I never had the issue much before - has been like 4/100 disconnects.
So it's looking worse, if anything.
Definitely not FIXED!

Anyone else have a problem where after the update, all liviries you make prior to the update have been wiped, and you can't edit them now even though there still applied to the cars.

Reminder to you guys:

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update

Any issues/problems are best mentioned in one of the threads in the OP.

Yep. Tried it last night and indeed, the names and flags were not over the cars like they previously were (Will supply a screenshot when I get home).

Can't remember where the option itself is, will need to get on and find it.
Did you find it? I don't know where to look

Did you find it? I don't know where to look
Try this.
It's actually a reply I gave for someone asking a similar question regarding AI names a couple of months back, but there's a fair chance it's probably what you are looking for. (I'm not in-game ATM so I can't check)

On the Race Quick Menu, Click the Driving Options button (cog symbol) and scroll down to Detailed Settings.
In there - 2nd one down - "Show Drivers List".
Change that to "Hide Drivers Names".

Is that just for replays or can we do it in a race now?
I haven't investigated it, but it sounds like it's while racing.

As I say, the person wanted to see the car names and not the AI driver names, so it's not exactly the same.
But I'm fairly confident the function would be somewhere close in that menu.

*Edit*
I had a quick look.
That menu option certainly switches between AI car and driver names in Arcade races.
I entered a lobby and tried it, but I could still see drivers names on track.
But it wasn't in a race, only free lapping, so I'm still unsure.

The only other thing I can find is this:
"・Show Drivers List
Configure display rules for the driver list. You can choose driver names and car names. This setting only applies to races in which you race against other players, such as Sport Mode and the Lobby."
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/manual/#!/drivingoption/content01

Apologies if I'm on the wrong path here.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked to see if nitro is assignable on any other controller than the G29?
I wondered with the super formula cars coming at the end of the month that they might have fixed/implemented something.
This is just a brain fart I’m not near my console at the moment to check.

Not sure if it's really a change but the M6 GT3s aren't 1st and 2nd on some of the tracks in arcade mode anymore. The F1 GTR is on pole then it's the usual M6s. I haven't tested every track but I noticed that it's mainly on tracks that weren't part of the base game that the F1 takes top spot.

F3bOita.png

I think im seeing a difference in the draw distance of the rearview and side mirrors, havent noticed things popping out yet
Has anybody verified this?

EDIT: Yep, debunked.

Try this.
It's actually a reply I gave for someone asking a similar question regarding AI names a couple of months back, but there's a fair chance it's probably what you are looking for. (I'm not in-game ATM so I can't check)

On the Race Quick Menu, Click the Driving Options button (cog symbol) and scroll down to Detailed Settings.
In there - 2nd one down - "Show Drivers List".
Change that to "Hide Drivers Names".
It only shows ‘Display Driver Names’ and ‘Display Car Names’
I tried putting it to Car Names and it didn’t help. I also tried hiding all Race Info and the floating Names still appear.

It only shows ‘Display Driver Names’ and ‘Display Car Names’
I tried putting it to Car Names and it didn’t help. I also tried hiding all Race Info and the floating Names still appear.
I literally just edited my other post. :P

Yep, I don't know mate.
The only thing I haven't tried is actually being in a race against human opponents.

I'm out of ideas. :lol:

Just kinda debunking it. Are you using a ps4 pro by any chance?

Yup, I guess we can say they used some of the extra power on the pro for the mirrors;

Also, this might be only amusing to me but they've been adding a few more scanned people to the crowds. If you've seen my photo thread, I'm kinda fascinated by the scanned people. I want to be scanned! :P

Last edited:
In "Drift" setting, the car's steering angle increases, but that wasn't reflected to the visual before.
According to this tweet, now you can see that the visual steering angle is increased in "Drift" setting.

I think the drift physics as a whole have improved.

Yup, I guess we can say they used some of the extra power on the pro for the mirrors;

Is this gif from 1080p mode or 4k mode ? because on the PRO in 1080p mode the draw distance on the mirrors is very good from day one

Last edited:
MR handling appears to have been improved. I noticed while driving the F1 GTR in Sport Mode at Bathurst.

The next gelling thing was doing the Huracan Circuit Experience. I've restarted my games multiple times and that CE was silly. The Huracan would slide into the corners all the time. Now, it's rock solid. Nuetral handling and trailbraking, work as it should.

This gif is from 1080p mode or 4k mode ? because on the PRO in 1080p mode the draw distance on the mirrors is very good from day one

Are you talking frame rate mode/quality mode? I'm pretty sure I captured these in frame rate mode because I like the motion blur. But this race is from 2017 with noticeable popping in the mirrors. Still a bit better than base ps4 from what ace showed.

Also, this might be only amusing to me but they've been adding a few more scanned people to the crowds. If you've seen my photo thread, I'm kinda fascinated by the scanned people. I want to be scanned! :P

Aight

@seadog777 I tried 2 campaign races last night; Gr2 Dragon Trail & Autopolis that we’re added in the update. AI seemed no different. We all know DT Seaside so a win there should be easy but I never did a lap of the new track before and winning was still mind numbing simples. I’ll try a custom race over the weekend but no difference experienced here.

6BK
@seadog777 I tried 2 campaign races last night; Gr2 Dragon Trail & Autopolis that we’re added in the update. AI seemed no different. We all know DT Seaside so a win there should be easy but I never did a lap of the new track before and winning was still mind numbing simples. I’ll try a custom race over the weekend but no difference experienced here.

I’m not noticing a difference in AI either. Although, when I did the new Supra events on update release day I thought they were a little racier there. Could have just been me getting used to the new car...

MMX
I haven't run a lot of Tokyo, or night races, so this may not be new. While running the Roadster Cup+ race at Tokyo, when I'd pass the AI, it would flash it's headlights, letting me know I was clear.

Is that new?
It's not new, and it's not letting you know you're clear. :D It means that AI driver can't take being passed by the player, and is about to over-drive their car trying to pass you back.

6BK

That's good info, thanks 6BK!

I’m not noticing a difference in AI either. Although, when I did the new Supra events on update release day I thought they were a little racier there. Could have just been me getting used to the new car...

Thanks again. Kinda relieved as I'd hate to see my cash-cow getting harder..... think maybe I'm having an off-week!
Although I have done La Sarthe several times since, and it really does feel like AI more aggressive / awkward..... off-weeks can do that to you though!

Nope - just done 2 with times that would normally win - second. Twice. I am pretty certain AI is tweaked, at least in this race. Wish I had "evidence"..... but no, I won't be posting lap times ;)

Last edited:
MR handling appears to have been improved. I noticed while driving the F1 GTR in Sport Mode at Bathurst.

The next gelling thing was doing the Huracan Circuit Experience. I've restarted my games multiple times and that CE was silly. The Huracan would slide into the corners all the time. Now, it's rock solid. Nuetral handling and trailbraking, work as it should.
I need to try this!

Back