GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.34/1.35)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RACECAR, Mar 5, 2019.

1. TomBrady

TomBrady

I've always seen it as a waste to have good draw distance in the mirrors. As long as there is a reflection and as long as you can at least see the cars behind you, I don't think it matters enough to not sacrifice it for the amount of extra performance you get. In some sims on PC it can be up to 5 fps (compared to off). That's a lot and leaves room for other more important areas, like windshield reflections (which obviously have also been PAINFULLY sacrificed, sadly).

I'd would rather the mirror reflections be gone than have the awful windshield reflections GTS has frankly. If this game was on PC, I would without a doubt turn windshield reflections off completely.

AgentBlackDog and Nismonath5 like this.
  2. Dready1984

Dready1984

@VolkswagenX Never use TCS. It's felt like that since the last physics update, for me anyway

3. VolkswagenX

VolkswagenX

Maybe it's the different settings ( I changed nothing) that has an effect on my end and not much on your end. All I know is that I'm happy:)

Dready1984 likes this.
  4. HIDORA

HIDORA

Definitely changed AI behavior in Red Bull x2014 La Sarthe race.
    AI is now much faster at Dunlop Curve, Tertre Rouge and Porsche Curves but a bit slower on a straight ahead of Indianapolis.
    And leading pack of three AI drivers a bit faster now, and that monstrous NFS-style catch up is reduced for leading AI car.
    That's all for now, wonder if there any changes in other career events.

seadog777 and CVPI93 like this.
  5. CJ1045

CJ1045

How do you know?

CJ

6. VBR

VBR Premium

Is this applicable to online racing in user created lobbies? Is there an option to turn them on/off as desired?

7. Stumps_GTI

Stumps_GTI Premium

The game seems to load a lot quicker from boot up. :tup:
    Also, mine used to "hang" a lot after exiting livery editor, now it goes back to the main screen a lot quicker?
    I remember PD saying they knew there were issues returning to the main screen, maybe its finally been addressed. :)

KayX23, Qyn, 05XR8 and 4 others like this.
  8. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Yep. Tried it last night and indeed, the names and flags were not over the cars like they previously were (Will supply a screenshot when I get home).

Can't remember where the option itself is, will need to get on and find it.

VBR, Haitauer, Qyn and 4 others like this.
  9. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Please delete this...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

That confirms what I posted about my liveries saving faster. I'm in and outta there much quicker.

Stumps_GTI, AgentBlackDog and Qyn like this.
  11. K3Tuning

K3Tuning (Banned)

I dont understand

You feel a difference in fps in the garage?

AgentBlackDog and Qyn like this.
  12. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Please delete this...

13. K3Tuning

K3Tuning (Banned)

Whats that feel like? Is it hard & rough, or solf and gentle like?

DC2_Evan, AgentBlackDog and Qyn like this.
  14. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Please delete this...

Qyn likes this.
  15. Nielsen

Nielsen

I have noticed that I never hear my favorite menu music anymore, and then I started to notice that there seems to be a playlist playing the tracks in a fixed order. Wasn't the menu music playing in random order before this update? It's quite disturbing because the main menu slideshow is a great screen saver when taking a break, but it gets super repetitive when the music selection isn't randomized. Worth mentioning that I have the soundtrack set to 'Transmission Mode'.

16. honda32v

honda32v

How to turn on the player name above the car on replay videos?

17. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

In "Drift" setting, the car's steering angle increases, but that wasn't reflected to the visual before.
    According to this tweet, now you can see that the visual steering angle is increased in "Drift" setting.

18. K3Tuning

K3Tuning (Banned)

Whisper sweet nothings in her ear she will warm up to yah maybe it wont be so rough, fine line between hard, rough and charges lololol slow down, dont be so eager.

The questions more to do you have a fps counter or is it just your impression.

19. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Please delete this...

20. K3Tuning

K3Tuning (Banned)

I have an old arse PS4 not sure if its earliest or not, can't say I noticed anything

21. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Please forget them all, it became low fps again!!!
    What the hell was I seeing...? I'm really sorry.

J24681357 and Qyn like this.
  22. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I'm happy someone else thinks this too (I made a post earlier about being tougher in the Nostalgic races) - maybe I'm not having a couple of off-days! Will find out in a minute after the PS4 updates....

23. 6BK

6BK

Nah, you're just getting better.:D

girabyt3, Qyn, VolkswagenX and 3 others like this.
  24. VBR

VBR Premium

FINALLY! That's great news, & thanks for the confirmation.

:)

Qyn and Guffaluff like this.
  25. 6BK

6BK

Funny seeing comments about AI getting better. I'll have to try for myself. Last night was just hot lapping Bathurst so did get to see changes in any type of race. I just posted in the Assetto Corsa thread that I am considering buying that game just to try how the AI compare. If the AI in GT Sport were improved it would help. Especially if PD insist in keeping with the crap Daily Race selections. Any more feedback on AI improvements? What are the changes and is it across the board?

seadog777 likes this.
  26. Aceofsquares

Aceofsquares

Just kinda debunking it. Are you using a ps4 pro by any chance?

usmaan likes this.
  27. nuu1212

nuu1212

Why did everybody read this into the changelog? (Even The KIE mentions it in a video/stream)
    For me it is 1/3 disconnects today, while I never had the issue much before - has been like 4/100 disconnects.
    So it's looking worse, if anything.
    Definitely not FIXED!

NaketWookie and George Jakob like this.
  28. MMX

MMX Premium

I haven't run a lot of Tokyo, or night races, so this may not be new. While running the Roadster Cup+ race at Tokyo, when I'd pass the AI, it would flash it's headlights, letting me know I was clear.

Is that new?

seadog777 likes this.
  29. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I wouldn't say "better"..... more devious if anything! And yes, I think some of it's got faster! But early days only done so many since the update.

Things that make me think it's faster.... usually when grinding La Sarthe, I don't bother trying to overtake (unless a couple of really slow ones at the back) until the start of the first straight. (really want that bonus). That's when the time behind leader comes on, and it's usually around 25 seconds. Since the update it's been around 30.

I also got punted off by a P4 on one of the last corners.... hit me hard enough for me to spin 180, lose first, lose bonus. :( That has never happened to me in this race before.

Finally the AI placement feels more awkward.... they bunch in groups across the track
    sometimes, meaning you have to back off until space to go through. And the amount of times it looks like you'll both arrive at the apex at the same time has increased... again you have to back off or risk the outside at very high speed!

This could all be my imagination, or off-days, or I've just got worse.
    I tried Monza and it didn't appear so bad.

Not tried anywhere else yet (saving up for the P4!) and would love to hear others opinions.

Qyn, TrafficEmpire and 6BK like this.
  30. K3Tuning

K3Tuning (Banned)

System update help any?

Woke up n had to update PS4