GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.34/1.35)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 213 comments
Interesting, I just noticed a few days ago how short the draw distance was in mirrors and thinking "surely they could do better!" I'll be checking this one in the morning :D

I've always seen it as a waste to have good draw distance in the mirrors. As long as there is a reflection and as long as you can at least see the cars behind you, I don't think it matters enough to not sacrifice it for the amount of extra performance you get. In some sims on PC it can be up to 5 fps (compared to off). That's a lot and leaves room for other more important areas, like windshield reflections (which obviously have also been PAINFULLY sacrificed, sadly).

I'd would rather the mirror reflections be gone than have the awful windshield reflections GTS has frankly. If this game was on PC, I would without a doubt turn windshield reflections off completely.

Definitely changed AI behavior in Red Bull x2014 La Sarthe race.
AI is now much faster at Dunlop Curve, Tertre Rouge and Porsche Curves but a bit slower on a straight ahead of Indianapolis.
And leading pack of three AI drivers a bit faster now, and that monstrous NFS-style catch up is reduced for leading AI car.
That's all for now, wonder if there any changes in other career events.

Garage which can be entered from Home now runs at 60 fps. (I'm using the earliest PS4)
It has originally been running at 60fps in the Livery Editor, but in Home, it had been running at lower fps.

(Images from the Online Manual.)
i13OKktJQ9Qup8E.jpg

i1oBFyHQWLS5qEc.jpg

i18zhNeDo8j5CTH.jpg

How do you know?

CJ

Player names and Flags above the cars are now turned off by default.

Is this applicable to online racing in user created lobbies? Is there an option to turn them on/off as desired?

The game seems to load a lot quicker from boot up. 👍
Also, mine used to "hang" a lot after exiting livery editor, now it goes back to the main screen a lot quicker?
I remember PD saying they knew there were issues returning to the main screen, maybe its finally been addressed. :)

VBR
Is this applicable to online racing in user created lobbies? Is there an option to turn them on/off as desired?

Yep. Tried it last night and indeed, the names and flags were not over the cars like they previously were (Will supply a screenshot when I get home).

Can't remember where the option itself is, will need to get on and find it.

The game seems to load a lot quicker from boot up. 👍
Also, mine used to "hang" a lot after exiting livery editor, now it goes back to the main screen a lot quicker?
I remember PD saying they knew there were issues returning to the main screen, maybe its finally been addressed. :)
That confirms what I posted about my liveries saving faster. I'm in and outta there much quicker.

I have noticed that I never hear my favorite menu music anymore, and then I started to notice that there seems to be a playlist playing the tracks in a fixed order. Wasn't the menu music playing in random order before this update? It's quite disturbing because the main menu slideshow is a great screen saver when taking a break, but it gets super repetitive when the music selection isn't randomized. Worth mentioning that I have the soundtrack set to 'Transmission Mode'.

"Hard & rough" may be correct expression.
Speed was the same but lacked many frames.
Whisper sweet nothings in her ear she will warm up to yah maybe it wont be so rough, fine line between hard, rough and charges lololol slow down, dont be so eager.

The questions more to do you have a fps counter or is it just your impression.

Garage which can be entered from Home now runs at 60 fps. (I'm using the earliest PS4)
It has originally been running at 60fps in the Livery Editor, but in Home, it had been running at lower fps.

(Images from the Online Manual.)
i13OKktJQ9Qup8E.jpg

i1oBFyHQWLS5qEc.jpg

i18zhNeDo8j5CTH.jpg

...How should I answer? I can say that I felt really clear difference.

Yup.
Before 1.34, the fps was clearly lower.
Maybe it was lower than 30fps...

"Loading..." circle which you can see when you enter the garage, scrolling your garage, cursor moving, etc. shows the difference.

"Hard & rough" may be correct expression.
Speed was the same but lacked many frames.

Just my impression.
...Isn't there anyone who uses the earliest PS4, and felt the same thing?
Please forget them all, it became low fps again!!!
What the hell was I seeing...? I'm really sorry.

Last edited:
Definitely changed AI behavior in Red Bull x2014 La Sarthe race.
AI is now much faster at Dunlop Curve, Tertre Rouge and Porsche Curves but a bit slower on a straight ahead of Indianapolis.
And leading pack of three AI drivers a bit faster now, and that monstrous NFS-style catch up is reduced for leading AI car.
That's all for now, wonder if there any changes in other career events.
I'm happy someone else thinks this too (I made a post earlier about being tougher in the Nostalgic races) - maybe I'm not having a couple of off-days! Will find out in a minute after the PS4 updates....

Yep. Tried it last night and indeed, the names and flags were not over the cars like they previously were (Will supply a screenshot when I get home).

Can't remember where the option itself is, will need to get on and find it.

FINALLY! That's great news, & thanks for the confirmation.

:)

Funny seeing comments about AI getting better. I'll have to try for myself. Last night was just hot lapping Bathurst so did get to see changes in any type of race. I just posted in the Assetto Corsa thread that I am considering buying that game just to try how the AI compare. If the AI in GT Sport were improved it would help. Especially if PD insist in keeping with the crap Daily Race selections. Any more feedback on AI improvements? What are the changes and is it across the board?

Last edited:
Im just glad the Sport mode entry issue has been fixed finally!

Not for me :( and i re installed the entire 🤬🤬 game.
Why did everybody read this into the changelog? (Even The KIE mentions it in a video/stream)
For me it is 1/3 disconnects today, while I never had the issue much before - has been like 4/100 disconnects.
So it's looking worse, if anything.
Definitely not FIXED!

I haven't run a lot of Tokyo, or night races, so this may not be new. While running the Roadster Cup+ race at Tokyo, when I'd pass the AI, it would flash it's headlights, letting me know I was clear.

Is that new?

6BK
Funny seeing comments about AI getting better. I'll have to try for myself. Last night was just hot lapping Bathurst so did get to see changes in any type of race. I just posted in the Assetto Corsa thread that I am considering buying that game just to try how the AI compare. If the AI in GT Sport were improved it would help. Especially if PD insist in keeping with the crap Daily Race selections. Any more feedback on AI improvements? What are the changes and is it across the board?

I wouldn't say "better"..... more devious if anything! And yes, I think some of it's got faster! But early days only done so many since the update.

Things that make me think it's faster.... usually when grinding La Sarthe, I don't bother trying to overtake (unless a couple of really slow ones at the back) until the start of the first straight. (really want that bonus). That's when the time behind leader comes on, and it's usually around 25 seconds. Since the update it's been around 30.

I also got punted off by a P4 on one of the last corners.... hit me hard enough for me to spin 180, lose first, lose bonus. :( That has never happened to me in this race before.

Finally the AI placement feels more awkward.... they bunch in groups across the track
sometimes, meaning you have to back off until space to go through. And the amount of times it looks like you'll both arrive at the apex at the same time has increased... again you have to back off or risk the outside at very high speed!

This could all be my imagination, or off-days, or I've just got worse.
I tried Monza and it didn't appear so bad.

Not tried anywhere else yet (saving up for the P4!) and would love to hear others opinions.

Why did everybody read this into the changelog? (Even The KIE mentions it in a video/stream)
For me it is 1/3 disconnects today, while I never had the issue much before - has been like 4/100 disconnects.
So it's looking worse, if anything.
Definitely not FIXED!

System update help any?

Woke up n had to update PS4

Back