GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.34/1.35)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 213 comments
Nope. On my console, still happens. Go too fast through race setings in arcade and the car preview still fails to load.

Yep. It’s better, but not completely fixed.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with a vast increase of moments in game where an automatic game save is triggered. Starting the loading process is now such a trigger, and the preview will only load, if you give it enough time before deciding for auto/manual.

As far as getting rid of duplicate cars: why don't we get paid for cars we "earn" in the daily marathon?

Did we earn the cars or were they just gifts? I'm a pretty averagely busy adult and I'm nowhere near 20M credits and don't plan on getting there anytime soon. The whole in game micro-transaction system is broken. And, I'm not going to put a rubber band on a controller and fake my way to get credits.

I’m not sure if this has been noted already:
From the interior view of the new Supra, the mirror does not obey Meatloafs law, ie “objects in the rear view mirror appear closer than they are” :)
In the rear view mirror other cars look really far away. While the door mirrors appear to magnify way too much. It’s ok once you’ve got used to it. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or thought it may have been a bug/mistake?

As far as getting rid of duplicate cars: why don't we get paid for cars we "earn" in the daily marathon?

Did we earn the cars or were they just gifts? I'm a pretty averagely busy adult and I'm nowhere near 20M credits and don't plan on getting there anytime soon. The whole in game micro-transaction system is broken. And, I'm not going to put a rubber band on a controller and fake my way to get credits.
I think if that was going to be a possibility, it would have been done by now. I don't see it changing anytime soon. Especially with the focus been on the 2019 campaign ... As unfortunate as it is.

From the interior view of the new Supra, the mirror does not obey Meatloafs law, ie “objects in the rear view mirror appear closer than they are” :)
In the rear view mirror other cars look really far away. While the door mirrors appear to magnify way too much. It’s ok once you’ve got used to it. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or thought it may have been a bug/mistake?
Its not just the Supra bud. all interiors have that weird distance thing going on. I use cockpit and only cockpit. Its a huge issue when judging dive bombers and the like when going for the apex. That for me is almost game destroying, in a way.

Not exactly sure what this has to do with Undocumented changes, this seems like a topic more suitable and best discussed in this thread

I want to know when the windshield wipers became functional (although useless)... I tried every option in the controller customization screen and didin't find any wiper option to bind to my controller.

If you don't believe me, check this video at the 10-second mark.

I think there is button for wheel users, not controler users...

I think there is button for wheel users, not controler users...
I heard that some wheels can have some hidden function (wipers, nitro, and horn) but can't be normally assigned.
Horn doesn't work in GTS, but wipers and nitro (boost) works properly.

...I tried to find a clip about low drag mode of Tomahawk X in GTS, but I couldn't... Sorry.

I noticed that when the AI were trying to spear me off. I thought AI were way behind in cockpit view, but my right side mirror shows otherwise.

Using look behind, the cars appear to be in my boot!

Not exactly sure what this has to do with Undocumented changes, this seems like a topic more suitable and best discussed in this thread

It was mentioned above. Don't want to contribute to thread drift, so I will take my rant and my worldwide players' revolution elsewhere.

Világ proletárjai, egyesüljetek! ;)

I heard that some wheels can have some hidden function (wipers, nitro, and horn) but can't be normally assigned.
Horn doesn't work in GTS, but wipers and nitro (boost) works properly.

...I tried to find a clip about low drag mode of Tomahawk X in GTS, but I couldn't... Sorry.

PARDON? Are you saying that wheel users can use nitro boost but controller folks cannot? Is this true across all modes? Seems like an obvious cheat, doesn't it?

I've heard the same thing. The nitro boost is a bit of a moot point though as GT Sport doesn't have nitro in it but the button assignment apparently still exists. Only on some wheels though - certainly not on my G25 at least.

PARDON? Are you saying that wheel users can use nitro boost but controller folks cannot? Is this true across all modes? Seems like an obvious cheat, doesn't it?
The very nitro is not available in GTS, but I saw a clip that proves that the low drag mode of Tomahawk X properly works in GTS.
Maybe the boost system of some VGT also works.

I guess the availabilities of these functions are unexpected for the developers, though.

Edit: I've finally found it again!!

Last edited:
The low drag mode has been discussed in this thread.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tomahawk-flaps-down-help.384904/

And it has been mentioned that that some cars will have the boost function introduced with the SF update.
Whether this also relates to the low drag mode is unconfirmed.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_4975123.html

It's a default option on wheels (R2, L3 or R3 depending on the wheel), but will disappear if you reassign the button or even press "recommended settings" and then save. It cannot be reassigned, so if you've ever changed your wheel controls you won't have it.

I think there are only 2 or 3 cars it affects. I can only remember the Tomahawks flaps, and the Nissan VGT.

Was the AA solution or something else about the graphics changed in this update? I don't remember the ghosting being this bad:
FNd0XDS.jpg

tYborXZ.jpg

The boost button for now is no issue, unless it's still unassignable come the Super Formula update.

The only cars in my experience that are affected are VGTs (NISSAN and SRT); having no bearing on Sport mode or FIA championships. Since both VGTs are hybrids, using boost also depletes the battery much quicker and is impractical for longer races on ovals or tracks with few heavy braking zones. The effect on the Tomahawk X is more noticeable because over 400 horsepower is lost once the battery is fully depleted, and safely recovering energy is much harder to do because the X can take most corners at extreme speeds.

I don't know if it has been mentioned and don't know since which update this is effective:
The "car record" time tracking now works in the MFD option for Daily race A.
I often used this option for dailies B and C. It worked cause we use our own car for these races. But it was impossible for Race A as it's a provided car.
But now, it works.

Latest Posts

Back