GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.47/1.48)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 96 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented (1.47)
1. Cars

- The following 4 new cars have been added:
  ・Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71
  ・Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19
  ・Mazda Demio XD Touring '15
  ・Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce '15

2. Tracks
 - The "Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps" Has been added

3. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・"Group 4 Cup" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Real Circuit Tours" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Nostalgic 1979" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"X2019 Competition Endurance Series" Round 3

4. Scapes
 - "Spa-Francorchamps - A high speed track that will put your skills to the test" has been added to the special featured section.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- We repaired a display issue with the Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90' livery. (Please refer to the “Notice regarding the Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90 livery” for further details.)
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Main Features Implemented (1.48)

Lobby
- Repaired a bug that auomatically set track conditions to "wet" after setting "wet" for a previously chosen track, despite the new track not originally featuring rain.

Undocumented Changes

- The following cars are eligible for specific events:

・Toyota Corolla Levin is now eligible to race in World Hatchback Championship events.
・Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX is now eligible to race in Boxer Spirit events
・Ferrari 365 GTB4 is now eligible to race in Premium Sports Lounge events
- The Tail Lights of the Honda S2000 have been change to the correct model year
- The License plate of the Ferrari 365 GTB4 has changed.
- Windshield wipers can now be used for the Dualshock 4 Controller. This can be mapped by going into "My Menu", "Options" and then select "Controller".
- The Maximum Tire Rating for Group 3 Cup Race 5 has been changed from "None" to "Racing: Soft".
- The year 2019 has been added in the museum.
- The Tesselation of the door handles of the Nissan Silvia has been fixed.
- The flaps on the Pagani Huayra have been fixed.

Last edited:
The Race Demo that plays when you're idle at the menu for long enough is only a black screen with no audio. The name of the track the demo is supposed to take place on show up on the top left but the actual demo itself doesn't seem to load... odd.

Never mind, after restarting my game the above doesn't happen anymore.

Last edited:
In addition to expanding the Nostalgic 1979 races, PD has changed some of the existing ones - and wiped the records if you had any.

Most notable, the Monza race is now five laps instead of seven - which makes it an even better money spinner than before. I'll have to go through the GTPEDIA draft to find out if any other races have changed.

Wasn't it always five laps?

In addition to expanding the Nostalgic 1979 races, PD has changed some of the existing ones - and wiped the records if you had any.

Most notable, the Monza race is now five laps instead of seven - which makes it an even better money spinner than before. I'll have to go through the GTPEDIA draft to find out if any other races have changed.
Monza was always 5 laps.

Sure you're not looking at Real Circuit Tours?
I'd have found it terribly hard to race Monza in Real Circuit Tours, given that it was only added today... and it's a different series in a different League for different cars. I couldn't enter the Cobra Daytona in it if I tried.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191031123600.jpg

No gold trophy for Monza and no race wins shown. I have raced and won both it and La Sarthe multiple times. The La Sarthe race shows the probably correct 24 wins.

However I was looking at the Goodwood entry (7 laps) on the GTPEDIA draft when I spotted the Monza race only had five laps, and my brain went "Yeah, it does have seven laps, because it's a nine minute race.". Yes, in Gr.1 Cup it is a seven-lap, nine-minute race. Stupid brain

Last edited:
the use of wipers is now available for ds4 ! it comes from today or before? on the other hand impossible to use those of the rear window!
I haven't been able to try the game since I left home when the update was "installing" (was in a hurry, and you know that takes forever), what is the default button for the wipers? Is it on by default, or must you assign it?

Back