GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.62 , 1.63,1.64 and 1.65)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 55 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented (1.62)

1. Cars
 - The following new car has been added.
  ・Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ “High Performance” ’20

2. Decals
 - The following new logos have been added to the Decals section of My Library and are available by selecting a car from the relevant manufacturer in the Livery Editor:

・Nissan 04, 05
  ・Mazda 05~07
  ・Toyota Gazoo Racing 01~10

- The following logos have been removed from the Decals section of My Library and from the Favorite page, if they were added:
  ・Mazda 01, Mazda 100 years 01, Mazda 100 years 02

Other Improvements and Adjustments

- We repaired the issue where the rear wheels of the Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo and Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) '16 did not appear to turn when steering.
- We also attended to the issue where a network error [NE-21097097] sometimes resulted when attempting to access Sport mode after playing in Lobby. 
- Support for the Logitech G923 Racing Wheel & Pedals have been added. The device name in the key assignment options has been changed to "Logitech G29/G923."
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Main Features Implemented (1.63)

1. Penalties
 - Addressed an issue where minor collisions resulted in penalties.
 - Adjusted an algorithm to decrease the number of penalties issued when the internet connection environment is poor.

2. Sport Mode
 - The number of regions for the Manufacturer Series has been changed from five to three. The regions now consist of the Europe/Middle East/Africa; the Americas, and Asia-Oceania. The Nations Cup will continue to be hosted in five regions. For more detail, visit Manufacturer Series Matchmaking Update Notice.

- Recalculated the time loss for pitstops on various tracks.
- Adjusted the point of full brake application for the Logitech G923 Racing Wheel set.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Main Features Implemented (1.64)
1. Sport Mode & Lobby
- Repaired the issue where the yellow flag would not display correctly in certain situations.

Main Features Implemented (1.65)
1. Sport Mode
- Several changes related to the "Olympic Virtual Series - Motor Sport Event" have been implemented.

- Various other issues have been addressed

Undocumented Changes

- Decals in "My Library" now load faster
- Specific contact in a race with penalties will now result in an actual penalty that reads "Causing another car to spin"

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now You May Post.

Noticed that the downloaded decals saved in My Library load considerably faster than they did pre-update. Also checked to see if the Mazda '01' and '100 Years' decals still appeared on one of my RX-VISION competition drafts, and it turns out they do even though you cannot select them anymore.

Although BOP's have not been altered, there have been changes to the underling numbers e.g. speed, acceleration, braking, cornering, and stability in some cars in Gr3 and Gr4 (yes, believe it or not, I do track those).
What's changed, for those of us who aren't keeping a spreadsheet of these things?

What's changed, for those of us who aren't keeping a spreadsheet of these things?

One example (all readings with BOP on a standard track, not an oval) -

Hyundai GR3
Was Speed 6.5, Acceleration 5.2, Braking 4.1, Cornering 4.0, Stability 6.5
Now Speed 6.5, Acceleration 5.5, Braking 4.4, Cornering 4.4, Stability 6.7

"Better" numbers also for the following GR3's - Lancer EVO, Citroen GT, Atenza, McLaren F1, McLaren 650S, Peugeot RCZ, BWM Z4, Honda NSX, Renault RS01, Mustang, and Huracan.

Slight "worse" number for the Beetle.

I'm thinking maybe subtle suspension or other changes to do this (I do not track those) or maybe they are what someone rates them as. I do not know how these are scaled.

Over half of the Gr4's changed also, mostly up, but some down.

I treat these ratings purely as a statistic because your speed around a track depends on many factors including who is driving. Still an un-documented change though.

Although BOP's have not been altered, there have been changes to the underling numbers e.g. speed, acceleration, braking, cornering, and stability in some cars in Gr3 and Gr4 (yes, believe it or not, I do track those).

(idk if GT ENG!NE refers to BoP or numerical stats)

They are a 'true' rating, and relate to the default settings of the car.
I've even tried, unsuccessfully, to create a tune based purely on those numbers. :lol:

For example, 'acceleration' is mostly based (if not totally) on the first gear ratio.
As for stats. such as stability, cornering, etc. I assume is due to suspension setup changes, but I never looked into it seriously.
But even choosing, let's say, the car with the lowest stability rating and the car with the highest from the same category, it's clear the car with the highest stability is easier to handle.

I ran a spreadsheet for ages documenting those numbers.
But frankly it was a serious amount of work, and I gave up quite some time ago.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gr-1-gr-2-gr-3-gr-4-gr-b-bop-tables.375277/

It's fair to call them undocumented.
But without having what would be near enough 100 screen-shots for Gr's. 1,2,3,4, and B before, and then after an update to compare, it would be very tough to know exactly what the cause of the change is.

Some people will not be aware but tyre selection affects the stats on acceleration, braking, cornering and stability.

In the example posted a few posts above regarding the Gr3 Hyundai being improved stats wise

The "was" numbers are for when racing hards tyres are on the car and the "now" numbers are when you change to racing softs.

I dont think there has been any changes to the soft stats of the cars with the update.

Some people will not be aware but tyre selection affects the stats on acceleration, braking, cornering and stability.

In the example posted a few posts above regarding the Gr3 Hyundai being improved stats wise

The "was" numbers are for when racing hards tyres are on the car and the "now" numbers are when you change to racing softs.

I dont think there has been any changes to the soft stats of the cars with the update.

As the original person who made this error (and have confirmed exactly what you have posted here), I feel a little like Sheldon Cooper who had to retract a scientific paper because his friends had manipulated the results :banghead:

Apologies for the incorrect post and thanks for all those who discussed this and lead us to the right conclusion :cheers:. I had never thought this might have been the reason for the differences.

Could be a glitch, because right now I am playing and using the same car. There's no change to the sound.
Thanks.
Maybe he heard the sound used in replay, which is so loud compared to the one in gameplay? (It can actually be heard when you go through the pit without a pit-stop in replays)

I'm not home right now, so I'll check it out later.

I think PD have changed the overboost for the GR.4 Atenza. Once th first bar reaches full red, the yellow bar would gradually move to the right towards fuel cut. Now, it rapidly moves to the right, just at the point of fuel cut. It's more synced to the revs.

Speaking of undocumented changes, since when does the Gr4 Supra not exist anymore? I literally just chose a new manufacturer a couple weeks ago and thought “Oh wow I didn’t notice the Gr4 Supra, I should’ve chosen that.”

I don’t play often but I do recall doing the GR survey a while back, and now after the Yaris was added the Gr4 Supra disappeared.

Speaking of undocumented changes, since when does the Gr4 Supra not exist anymore? I literally just chose a new manufacturer a couple weeks ago and thought “Oh wow I didn’t notice the Gr4 Supra, I should’ve chosen that.”

I don’t play often but I do recall doing the GR survey a while back, and now after the Yaris was added the Gr4 Supra disappeared.

The GR.4 supra never existed for use in Manufacterers Series. It can only be used in Nations Cup, Lobbies or Arcade mode but not for Manufacturers ( a restriction I think exists purely because only the people that met the prequisites and completed the Survey got the car)

Last edited:
The GR.4 supra never existed for use in Manufacterers Series. It can only be used in Nations Cup, Lobbies or Arcade mode but not for Manufacturers ( a restriction I think exists purely because only the people that met the prequisites and completed the Survey got the car)
That makes sense, but now it's completely gone from my dealers and garage. I'm pretty sure it was removed at the Yaris update.

Last edited:
That makes sense, but now it's completely gone from my dealers and garage. I'm pretty sure it was removed at the Yaris update.

If this has gone I'm going to be upset but have you had to reinstall at all, I am sure I read somewhere that if you had to reinstall the GR Supra Gr 4 would not be added to the garage as the collection period has now passed for it...

A friend used it on Saturday so it defo still exists in the game.

Here it is:

Reward Period
December 16, 2019 – June 15, 2020

So I believe if you had to reinstall after this date it wouldn't be available/shown in the dealerships. I'll check my game tonight!

Last edited:

Still have mine.

20201128_165428.jpg

Also, it was never in the dealership either. Maybe you thought it was at one point because of the other Supras, but has never shown up there.

Back