GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.50)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 42 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented
1. Cars
 - The following 5 new cars have been added:
  ・BMW M3 Coupé '03
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé '20
  ・RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
  ・RUF CTR3 '07
  ・TOYOTA 86 GT "Limited" '16

2. Campaign Mode
- The 'Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge' mode has been added(*);
- The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・"The Passion Of Dr Wankel" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"Boxer Spirit" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Vision Gran Turismo Trophy +" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"X2019 Competition Endurance Series" Round 4
 - 'Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps' has been added to the Circuit Experience.

(*) The 'Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge' is a paid DLC. In order to access this content you must purchase it from the PlayStation™Store.

3. Brand Central
 - 'RE Amemiya' has been added to the Asia-Pacific section;
 - 'RUF' has been added to the European section;

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- The regenerative braking control of the 'Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo' has been adjusted;
- The deadzone for the throttle and brake pedals while driving using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller has been increased;
- The force feedback caused by understeering while driving using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller has been adjusted;
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- The Toyota GR Supra (Nurburgring '19 Livery) has been added.
- The Tail lights of GR Supra Racing Concept has been fixed.
- The missing default number plate on the Toyota FT-1 Vision GT GR.3 has been fixed.
- A bug in which the hud would change to the previous tires you started the online session on after pausing has been fixed.
- The replay camera angle at Mount Panorama has been changed.

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update

Now you may post

The track logos in the track select screen are a lot bigger now.

The little red dot that circles the track map in the select layout screen moves much slower now.

The Gr.whatever opponents are no longer qualified in alphabetical order on Spa in single race.

Not sure if this really counts but the “cannot connect to servers” message shows up way quicker.

Last edited:
But the interior is odd is it supposed to be full of racing stuff?

Turns out its actually not the actual GT4 Concept that raced at The Nürburgring, but a slightly modified GR.4 version of the Supra we have in game wearing said livery (hence the interior, including the wheel being on the opposite side)

Turns out its actually not the actual GT4 Concept that raced at The Nürburgring, but a slightly modified GR.4 version of the Supra we have in game wearing said livery (hence the interior, including the wheel being on the opposite side)
I wonder if PD will make the GT4 Concept and add it to the game at some point. Same stats/BOP as the one in the game right now, but with a different interior. I'm guessing "no," but you never know.

I never payed any attention to it before, but I noticed on some of the GR4 stock car photos when you go to select them in garage, it shows tire stickers on the pictures, but as of now you can’t mess with them in livery editor. Also in campaign the background for the GR4 race shows the 3 cars with tire stickers.

I never payed any attention to it before, but I noticed on some of the GR4 stock car photos when you go to select them in garage, it shows tire stickers on the pictures, but as of now you can’t mess with them in livery editor. Also in campaign the background for the GR4 race shows the 3 cars with tire stickers.

That's been the case since the game came out. For some strange reason, GR.4 cars have never been able to use Tire Stickers outside their default liveries.

OP has been updated with Official Patch notes. Please read them to make sure what you think is a undocumented change isn't already documented.

I wonder if PD will make the GT4 Concept and add it to the game at some point. Same stats/BOP as the one in the game right now, but with a different interior. I'm guessing "no," but you never know.
One would hope. It seems really odd to have the GT4 livery and class it as Gr.4 while having the interior be just a copy+paste of the road car.

For reference, this is what the real GT4 concept interior looks like.
toyota_supra_76.jpg

And this is what the interior of the one that raced at the Nurb 24hr looks like.
supra-nurburgring-24h-2019-4.jpg

The concept was March. The GT4 car was officially announced in October. It's been testing(and still testing) at various circuits since September. It'll be on sale to european teams from March next year. We'll surely get either one.

A couple N24 stats(from watching the AI in replays) are:

Gearbox: 6 speed(as opposed to 7- speeds for the GT4 car and 8 - speeds for the road car)
Top Speed(downhill at Route X): 280km/h(174mph)
Speed in gear(km/h):
1st - 85
2nd - 116
3rd - 142
4th - 179
5th - 224
6th - 280

When you load a ghost in arcade time trial (i didn't check other mode ) , if this ghost is too far away in front of you , more than 5 seconds ahead more or less , this ghost is automatically resetted back again on your car position.

When you load a ghost in arcade time trial (i didn't check other mode ) , if this ghost is too far away in front of you , more than 5 seconds ahead more or less , this ghost is automatically resetted back again on your car position.
This has been a feature for quite a few updates now.

Anyone else has noticed some differences in braking? Cars seem to lock up a bit now, using ABS default. Am I the only one?
Others have commented on this, but there’s no concrete evidence around it yet.

Just noticed that when taking pictures in Scapes mode, if you select panning shot mode, the driver avatar is automatically placed in car. Not sure if new or not

Back