GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
More explanation about the paid transactions :

Screenshot_20180730-133544_1.jpg

I made a few statements already but I need to make my stance on MTs clear:

While there’s no real problem with an option for monetary purchase, non-F2P games should never be designed in such a way where it is impossible or near-impossible to earn base content, either via ridiculous time commitments or because of gambling/rare loot box chances.

If the 10-20 mil cars were up for grabs in the store this would really be pushing the line, but it isn’t - everything in the store is fairly easy to obtain in game through normal play.

These new payment options do concern me a bit, but as of yet I see no problem in it’s current state.

Update:
6 Variants of the new Circuit available:
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix A - 9477m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix A II - 9477m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix B - 7062m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II - 7062m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix C - 10825m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix C II - 10825m

Le Mans added to circuit experience with the Porsche 919.

Edit: Circuit times are:

• 6:25 AM
  • 7:10 AM
  • 9:40 AM
  • 1:20 PM
  • 3:10 PM
  • 7:50 PM
  • 8:30 PM
6:25 probably the closest we can get to have night races.

Edit V2:

Porsche Endurance Cup in GT League has a new Event - 60 Minutes of Le Mans.

Last edited:
Update:
6 Variants of the new Circuit available:
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix A - 9477m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix A II - 9477m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix B - 7062m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II - 7062m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix C - 10825m
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix C II - 10825m

Le Mans added to circuit experience with the Porsche 919.
Is it a combination of town and countryside?

I'm delighted to see that Sainte Croix is substantial in length. I wonder what time of day options it has though.

When you buy the Mercedes-AMG W08 do you get 2 versions? The regular and the Colour Variation?

Is it a combination of town and countryside?
A little bit, less of a town. The corners are interesting to drive, the map itself might need a little overhaul. Looks very greyish from start/finish line to the bridge.

I'm delighted to see that Sainte Croix is substantial in length. I wonder what time of day options it has though.

When you buy the Mercedes-AMG W08 do you get 2 versions? The regular and the Colour Variation?

They are two different things, you have to buy each one they aren't one buy. I don't like it too but I guess whatever works.

Trying to mess with the racing suit livery editor... It looks like we can't customize the entire racing suit.
There goes my plans of making a 1:1 D. Va racing suit. :(

I'll go ahead and list events that were added to GT League Mode:

BEGINNER:

F-150 Raptor Survival: Fisherman's Ranch and Sainte Croix - A II
Group 4 Cup (Is this new or old?): Willow Springs (Big Willow), Tsukuba, Suzuka
Lightweight K Cup: Maggiore Center, Tsukuba, Tokyo: Central Outer Loop

AMATEUR:
4WD Challenge: Sainte Croix - B, Sardegna: Windmills
Nostalgic Car Festival - Tokyo: East Inner Loop, Sainte Croix - B II, Alsace - Village

PROFESSIONAL:
Vision Gran Turismo Trophy+ : Sarthe, Kyoto: Yamagiwa + Miyabi II
Mercedes AMG Grand Prix: Sainte Croix - A, Nurburgring GP, Suzuka

ENDURANCE:
Porsche Cup: Sarthe (60 minutes)

Last edited:
It appears that my beloved internet is going full slow-mode for the rest of the day. So my update will be finished in 9 hours. THANKS!

If there are 2 versions, 1 that you can’t paint and 1 that you can, I don’t think a lot of people would get the non paintable version.. unless you’re really hot for the standard livery...

If they're gonna add microtransactions, they should save it for the cars that cost over 2 million. You know, the ones that actually take time to earn the money for. If the Ferrari is 20 million I'd be willing to bite the bullet and pay a few real dollars but not a dollar for something like an AMG GT I can earn the money for in less than 15 minutes.

At my most extreme I'd say microtransactions should be illegal. But limiting them to the cheaper cars is a stupid way to implement them if you're gonna have them at all.

Counterpoint. No it isn't.

Thinking about it really, would the Mercedes F1 really be in Gran Turismo if it wasn't for Lewis Hamilton?

I've got the update installed but sadly I'll have to wait another hour to actually fire it up; the servers are still down for one more hour on my end.

I'll find out in 8 minutes, but what's wrong with it, in your opinion?

I don't want a mixture of "geometric" and 90-degree corners. It looks like one if those randomly generated layouts on GT5's course maker you'd instantly skip over or smooth out desperately to try and get some sort of flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back