GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by AKps3, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Is tire model updated?

2. I-Runner

I-Runner

Too many turns...

3. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

First impressions on the track, it's a solid one. Not great, but has some neat corners here and there.

Version A: Good for Gr.1, Gr.3, and Gr.X F1. Mostly high speed. There's a weird bump or jump at after the northern most corner (map wise) that might be dangerous.

Version B: Could be the best version of the track, feels like there's a good amount of variation in it and nothing too crazy. Will be best for Gr.4 and N-class racing.

Version C: This one runs the most through town co paced to the others. It's no city portion but the back end is a nice stretch of road. I don't think this one would be great for racing and more of a take a cruise in a classic car type one.

All in all, I'd give it a 7/10. Might be as low as a 5 if racing proves to be awkward or dangerous.

potvinsuks likes this.
  4. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

I don't really consider this microtransactions in my opinion, as all the cars can still be obtained easily by normal game progression (if you have time and patience to grind for the Cr.20M cars). If they had cars that were ONLY available by real money purchase, then I'd consider that microtransactions.

I know some on here will argue (and rightly so) that paying real money for anything counts as micrortransactions, but not in my opinion.

potvinsuks and ProjectF like this.
  5. Quakebass

Quakebass

One thing I've observed about this update:

For the first time the demos/intros for the new cars aren't in the skinny twisty road through the forest, instead they're driving through scapes scenes like they do in the Brand Central previews.

6. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

In my dowload list it states 1.23 update...

ABE579BA-6A6E-420A-A822-AB84E4D66E54.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  7. RedlineRacer

RedlineRacer Premium

Layout A Hot Lap:

8. MaddinICE

MaddinICE

Saw that too. TRASH TRUCK CONFIRMED!!

9. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

Pet-peeve discussion?

European-centric locations is my only pet-peeve. I like how PD recreates a part of the real world but they've done this continent a lot of times now, Croatia/DT was a neat surprise but still I miss the foreign feeling you significantly get from Tahiti.

ProjectF likes this.
  10. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

650S's both untouched lol-PD-you-can't-be serious

11. Tomsoft

Tomsoft

New Stickers:

- FIA Stickers (13)
    - Circuit de la Sarthe (2) *unconfirmed DjVc8T_WsAA7bYg.jpg DjVc9ImW4AAdcMO.jpg

*Just an example of what you can do in the Helmet Editor. Visor not Changeable

12. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Thanks. It will be certainly be the Colour Variation version for me. I'll only own the Hamilton version if I win it then as a DWG.

I don't seeing it for the last batch either though. Could be wrong.

Heavyduke likes this.
  13. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

Vile is probably a bit of a strong word to use.

It looks very wide to me so it might feel a bit arcady. I don't have an issue with that as such even though it wouldn't be my first preference.

14. MaddinICE

MaddinICE

GTPlanet users now:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180730090644.jpg

15. 05XR8

05XR8

Just posted St Croix layouts and time choices in the Track Thread.
    Doing a Gr. 4 race on the layouts now.

16. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

Servers are down for me for another hour. How much is the W08? If it's not too expensive I might buy both the Hamilton livery and a color variation. And is the livery editable for the Hamilton car or just the color variation?

17. AKps3

AKps3

18. Heavyduke

Heavyduke

19. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

ProjectF likes this.
  20. CJ1045

CJ1045

New track is very grey and wide. Have also not found a time of day yet when it looks pretty. It is also very, very flat. I love Le Mans and this track it clearly influenced by it but it seems to have lost all the real life of Le Mans. Suspect it might be good for races but PD seem to have dropped the ball for me with regards to looks.

CJ

21. Siren

Siren

I really don't understand what made them think those sounds were ok. which is weird because for the VGT they make all the cars sound unique and those are FAKE CARS. Hell the Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo sounds more like our Modern F1 than the actual F1 car.

22. AKps3

AKps3

All new cars mini clip

AgentBlackDog and ProjectF like this.
  23. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

Yes

Lord Protector, hrusa2 and ProjectF like this.
  24. witham

witham

This. I have zero issue with this we don't all have time to grind for cars so we can now buy them using a small amount of real money and there is no gambling involved as it isn't a key/crate scenario. Win-win really people with no time can get the cars they want, no one is drawn into the money pit of console gambling and PD get more money for future updates.

Also, why are so many people surprised that you cannot put a livery on the Merc F1 car? Personally, I would have been surprised if we could have put a livery on it!

poumpoum, I_Leak_Oil and ProjectF like this.
  25. Envoxeb

Envoxeb

are you on drugs?

919 runs on a V4 engine, not V6

26. Quakebass

Quakebass

I have to say I dig the new track(s). It looks like it utilizes a bunch public roads, and it feels very old school - I get a lot of "past era" vibes in several sections. I think I may like B II more than it's forward version, but I haven't tried it yet. They're all great fun with older cars, haven't tried anything all that excessively quick yet though. I'll have videos up in an hour or two.

Dezcom, potvinsuks and ProjectF like this.
  27. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

The rallying physics have changed! You now have to lead your slides early to make it through the corner fast. There's a floaty feel on the wheel, totally different than what I remember rallying was like.

28. Siren

Siren

Do you understand what a comparison means. I'm simply drawing the comparisons with the sounds. I'm not saying they're note for note.
    Lemme clarify. Porsche 919(Gt Sport), Mercedes Formula 1 2017 (GT Sport) Mercedes Formula 1 2017(real life)

Now out of the 2 cars from GT Sport.....which one sounds CLOSEST to Mercedes Formula 1 2017(real life)
    Don't think about which one has this and that engine.....listen to the sounds and get back to me.

29. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

So just how the cars feel? How's the road cars and how's the F1 feel?? :)

I'm abroad on holiday til Saturday :sick::sick::sick:

30. ShadowDMC

ShadowDMC

8. Physics Simulation Model  

- The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed;

- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;  

- In "Sport" mode, "Lobby", and "Custom Race", the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to “Real” has been adjusted. (When set to “Real”, the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before);

- The handling of Formula cars when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been adjusted;

IT'S HERE!

ProjectF, k12power and user3392345 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.