GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why people are complaining about 'optional' microtransactions when they can still grind out money normally. It's pretty easy to save up enough cash for 98% of the cars in the game.
As long as it doesn't turn into a ridiculous amount of time to grind for a car (/cough/ GTA Online...), I'm alright with this.

Ferrari 250 GTO: Gr.X
n6i8y.jpg

Cars that cost less than 2,000,000 in-game Cr. can now be purchased directly through the PS Store, in addition to your standard in-game purchase.

So that sucks.

I'm bummed out about the GTO being in Group X (If it was in N300 it wouldn't be any more OP than the GT40), but I do appreciate the Ford GT being in Group 3. I suppose the Test Car is the obvious choice given it was already Premium but I want the original Spec II too. Oh well, guess someone will make the livery. As for the 787B Group 1 is predictable.

Cars that cost less than 2,000,000 in-game Cr. can now be purchased directly through the PS Store, in addition to your standard in-game purchase.

So that sucks.
Wait so if cars on the store are limited to those 2m and under and the Mercedes f1 is on the store, is it safe to assume the car will be under 2 mil? If that's the case then I'll be surprised (in a good way)

So that sucks.

Yep, this is some b/s. We can all afford the $2 mil. cars so we're not going about buying them. That's about 4 and a bit goes of Blue Moon Bay. Its the greater than $10 mil cars that's the issue.

So basically they did nothing and we're no better off. LOL is that not quintessential PD.

If they're gonna add microtransactions, they should save it for the cars that cost over 2 million. You know, the ones that actually take time to earn the money for. If the Ferrari is 20 million I'd be willing to bite the bullet and pay a few real dollars but not a dollar for something like an AMG GT I can earn the money for in less than 15 minutes.

At my most extreme I'd say microtransactions should be illegal. But limiting them to the cheaper cars is a stupid way to implement them if you're gonna have them at all.

No, I know that is a thing.

I was asking YOU a question.

What is the problem with the OPTIONAL micro transactions that don't affect progress at all?

I would just like to buy the 20m credit cars. As I said before I already own everything else. I can't stand driving the same Blue Moon race over and over again so it takes me twice as long to build back up 20m.

hope they did something with Megane
and hope that Ford won't be OP (always afraid about new cars in gr3 or 4 and balance in group in first month after addition of car, they should do faster BoP updates if something is not right like with Megane)

Last edited:
If thinking that MTs "don't affect you because its an option", it will affect everyone in the next game when the in-game economy is nerfed and the monetization becomes more aggressive.

That's a big leap of logic there and highly speculative (i.e not fact) especially regarding Gran Turismo and Polyphony.

Gran Turismo 6 already had this at its launch release where you pay real money for instant credits, and it was actually way more expensive than these car prices. The in-game economy in GT6 wasn't nerfed compared to the previous GT games, and the microtransactions in GT6 also didn't have any effect or nerfed GTSport's in-game economy. If PD did nerf the economy for Gt7 then you can complain, as will many others. Otherwise, all that is right now is a baseless assumption when PD has done the complete opposite of what you're suggesting.

The term microtransactions only has a negative connotation with it because of the crap in-game economy that forces you to resort to paying with real money. That isn't the case here. What Polyphony provided here and in GT6 is an option to pay for free DLC packs for instant access. Nothing would change regarding how quickly you obtain the cars if they had never provided that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back