GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the DTM + Super GT partnership they might wait to see what DTM becomes and put them in GT7. That is if they haven't already scanned and completed some of the cars. If they have I'm sure we will get them. I haven't read too far into what the partnership entails so I cannot argue this. I'll get the full details when they emerge/develope new cars as I cannot take any more hype/ let downs outside of this forum. :nervous:

With the DTM + Super GT partnership they might wait to see what DTM becomes and put them in GT7. That is if they haven't already scanned and completed some of the cars. If they have I'm sure we will get them. I haven't read too far into what the partnership entails so I cannot argue this. I'll get the full details when they emerge/develope new cars as I cannot take any more hype/ let downs outside of this forum. :nervous:
DTM sold it's soul to a PC game played by about 5 people a few years ago, not sure if that deal is still an exclusive.

I think that DTM is much like F1 in that the official license to the series is already held by a different game (Raceroom).

Like F1 it would be possible to license individual cars from the manufacturers but you would not be able to race them against each other as that constitutes a DTM race, From what I remember this is why Project Cars only had the DTM Mercedes.

Edit-Ninja’d

I saw this on Instagram and was expecting to come to this thread and see it exploding with people hyping over Spa, actually surprised that it wasn’t :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don’t think this is an indicator of Spa arriving on the 30th (would love to be wrong), it reads to me much more like Kaz/PD’s coverage of Pikes Peak and Goodwood.

The fact that it’s specifically mentioning the helmet (suit editor teased prior) and the fact that GT Sport is tagged is really intriguing though.
Designed by Polyphony Digital.

I have a feeling we get 2 tracks 1 real location and 1 fictional they have something up their sleeves just my opinion based on thin Air just sayin:crazy:
before hype police pops up :gtpflag:
That would be a megaton to drop the update with Spa in it on Friday!

I have a feeling we get 2 tracks 1 real location and 1 fictional they have something up their sleeves just my opinion based on thin Air just sayin:crazy:
before hype police pops up :gtpflag:

I think the 2 hint videos are for 2 different tracks. One with the bridge and another with pretty flowers. I'm guessing the bridge isn't in France. The flowers are.

5 days to go. :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Guys,PD won't put 2 tracks in one update,if they have SPA ready they will push it to the next month

You could argue it's 2 updates. June and July.

On December 22, 2017, GT Sport received its first major update with the re-introduction of the traditional single player campaign as in the previous titles, in the form of GT League, alongside 15 new cars. The second major update was released on January 26, 2018. It featured 10 new cars, a new track (Monza), and new track layouts. The third major update was released on February 28, 2018. It featured 12 new cars, new track layouts and an expansion to GT League. The fourth major update was released on March 29, 2018. It featured 13 new cars, a new group (Gr. 2) for the three new GT500 cars, a new track (Tsukuba), and an expansion to GT League. A fifth update on April 30, 2018 saw the addition of the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept to the game alongside three new GT League events with the "Garden" variation of the Dragon Trail circuit. May 30th saw the release of content update #6 - its main new features were the Circuit de la Sarthe (which hosts the 24 Hours of Le Mans) and nine new cars, including 3 Group C Le Mans race cars, two of which (Jaguar XJR-9 and Sauber Mercedes C9) won Le Mans in 1988 and 1989.

Guys,PD won't put 2 tracks in one update,if they have SPA ready they will push it to the next month

PD haven’t exactly stuck to a pattern, the first track addition came with additional layouts, we’ve had an update with no tracks, and there’s been no consistent order to original/real circuits. It’s not really possible to definitively say what will or won’t come if it hasn’t been announced (literally every track outside this update and I believe Le Mans has arrived unannounced).

With 4/5 days until the update we’ll almost certainly get more teases. This new track could be a traditional 2-3 mile track. It could rival the Nordschleife.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some other significant feature/content turned up. Something like the new tyre model wouldn’t be trailed on social media. That’s one for patch notes despite the significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back