GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
While weather effects in Driveclub and PC1 are cool, I'm not sure I'd like the jumpy framerate that comes with such an addition in GTS. I'd rather have a seamless experience.

If they can offer a steady 30 fps with rain on the ps4, I wouldnt mind at all.

However I somehow hope that they are working on some technical magic to accomplish 60fps with rain and they're just taking their time...

edit: corrected some spelling

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be getting static weather (in fact I believe it was originally planned at/near launch) at some point, there's no way PD would put the wet and intermediate tires in the full launch game knowing they wouldn't be able to pull off weather. I'm sure it was delayed because PD were struggling to get it to run smoothly. Considering there's also an unused snow tire option we'll probably also see a snow track arrive later on, or perhaps a new ToD/condition on the existing rally courses that sets them in the winter.

I have no idea when any of these would come but I feel pretty certain they will at some point.

---

Questions I still have for this update:

- How big/long, and what sort of surface is the new France track? (Hoping it won't be another Alsace, or disconnected road like Sierra. They don't feel like authentic road courses with somewhat barren scenery, and little to no closed off connecting roads).

- How much customizability will be in the suit editor? Will it be just like it is with the cars, and we'll have all the familiar shapes and SVG importing functionality, or will it be a bit more simplified, and may limit us to just sponsor placements or certain templates?

- How many extra functions will we get in scapes with the avatars being added?

- Will the suit editor bring more items to the Mileage Exchange?

- Will the livery editor be available on the Mercedes F1 car, or will some or all of the functions be inaccessible due to partnerships or licensing contracts?

- Will the older "Gr. 1" cars get moved to a Gr. C class now with the addition of the Mazda 787B?

- We'll probably see more GT League and Circuit Experience events, but could we see more Missions and maybe License tests, possibly revolving around the F1 and maybe some of the other post-launch content?

- Will we get the updated tire model? (Season 2 ends two days before the update, could be good timing).

If they can offer a steady 30 fps with rain on the ps4, I wouldnt mind at all.

However I somehow hope that they are working on some technical magic to accomplish 60fps with rain and they're just taking their time...

edit: corrected some spelling

Living in the south east of England, I've completely forgotten what rain looks like... can someone draw me a picture?

I'll watch some YT videos of it tomorrow while it's 37C outside :crazy::cool::cool:

More seriously, I think it probably very unlikely that rain will be added to GTS unless someone at PD magically finds more power in the PS4 (remember they are not allowed to differentiate the PS4 from the Pro). They have already tweaked the game engine to add more debris and marbles on the track, I don't honestly see them being able to make bigger changes on top of that.

Less than 4 days till the update now. I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it.

I am honestly excited for a possible new museum (there has been one in each update right?).

Each one is like a beautiful coffee table car book, with glossy photos and over mis-use of the word "utilise", details you really want to know missed out, odd decisions about what models to include plus a strange lack of entries around 1939-1945. For some reason they all switched to making planes for a bit. Wonder what that was all about.

I would like to see a Ford museum as it's such a big update, and a big manufacturer but this month you can't deny the French Connection (Though I doubt we will see Pontiac...;)) and Citroën and Alpine are the only two French car makers without a museum. Renault sort of included Alpine in their museum so perhaps Citroën will be the one?

If previous updates are anything to go by, then we should be getting the circuit experience for Le Mans. Is it sad that this will probably be the first thing I do after the update? :lol:

I need that now for the Manufacturer race Saturday, not with the update on Monday. After all these years I have never gotten used to that track :lol:

Who doesnt want a duplicate car?

Who else thinks circuit experiences should be made harder and give you a special car if you get all gold?
We all seem to forget that circuit experience is the best way for new players to learn the tracks and expand their garage. It's also good for exp in the early game, and helps to unlock content. Getting gold in all of them is not difficult; matching/beating the times set by people on your friend's list is.

- How big/long, and what sort of surface is the new France track? (Hoping it won't be another Alsace, or disconnected road like Sierra. They don't feel like authentic road courses with somewhat barren scenery, and little to no closed off connecting roads).

- How much customizability will be in the suit editor? Will it be just like it is with the cars, and we'll have all the familiar shapes and SVG importing functionality, or will it be a bit more simplified, and may limit us to just sponsor placements or certain templates?

- How many extra functions will we get in scapes with the avatars being added?

- Will the suit editor bring more items to the Mileage Exchange?

- Will the livery editor be available on the Mercedes F1 car, or will some or all of the functions be inaccessible due to partnerships or licensing contracts?

- Will the older "Gr. 1" cars get moved to a Gr. C class now with the addition of the Mazda 787B?

- We'll probably see more GT League and Circuit Experience events, but could we see more Missions and maybe License tests, possibly revolving around the F1 and maybe some of the other post-launch content?

- Will we get the updated tire model? (Season 2 ends two days before the update, could be good timing).

Suit editor should not really be any different to the car livery editor. The technology is the same. Helmet editor too. If anything it may add some more projection options.

I really think that livery editor may be unavailable to the F1 car. Formula 1 licensing is incredibly complicated, with many sponsors paying top top money. Plus why would Mercedes and their partners want their championship winning car painted to look like another competitor/sponsor?

Suit editor should not really be any different to the car livery editor. The technology is the same. Helmet editor too. If anything it may add some more projection options.

I really think that livery editor may be unavailable to the F1 car. Formula 1 licensing is incredibly complicated, with many sponsors paying top top money. Plus why would Mercedes and their partners want their championship winning car painted to look like another competitor/sponsor?
Could be like Ferrari. Maybe limited offerings.

You can add your own livery to the F1 cars in Forza and the Crew 2. If Mercedes got to ensure no one can change livery then all the manufacturers would rightfully expect PD to give the same treatment for their cars, so I expect we'll be able to replace it with a much improved livery :lol:

If previous updates are anything to go by, then we should be getting the circuit experience for Le Mans. Is it sad that this will probably be the first thing I do after the update? :lol:
Any ideas as to what car could be used?? I'm guessing its going to be a Gr.1 obviously but which one?! My money is on the Porsche 919...

If circuit experience is added for LeMans - Which it should as it would follow the pattern.

Any ideas as to what car could be used?? I'm guessing its going to be a Gr.1 obviously but which one?! My money is on the Porsche 919...

If circuit experience is added for LeMans - Which it should as it would follow the pattern.
Or probably either the GT by Citroen Gr.3 or the Peugeot VGT Gr.3 as it has been for road tracks over the 2.4 mile ballpark.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
July 30, 2018: 06:00 – 08:00 UTC
July 29, 2018: 23:00 – 25:00 PDT
* The above time is subject to change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

You can add your own livery to the F1 cars in Forza and the Crew 2. If Mercedes got to ensure no one can change livery then all the manufacturers would rightfully expect PD to give the same treatment for their cars, so I expect we'll be able to replace it with a much improved livery :lol:

Those cars are not championship winning cars and have reduced budgets. They don't hold the same power at the negotiating table, they will do anything for more money. The same goes for the McLaren on iRacing. Plus the other mentioned games have no where near as much exposure as GT (Maybe bar Forza) or as much industry power. The red bull in the crew is a different issue, Red Bull's marketing has always been this way, plus maybe they assume their logo is cool enough for people to want to use it on a livery.

I'm sure the Mercedes will be editable. The F1 team is one of the dullest in the sport but tries hard to be seen as fun, too block liveries would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Ferrari have always been a special case and don't operate like other manufacturers, I wouldn't read too much into what they allow vs everybody else.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
July 30, 2018: 06:00 – 08:00 UTC
July 29, 2018: 23:00 – 25:00 PDT

23.00 25.00 PDT, is this polyphony digital time? Never heard of 25.00 Hours.

23.00 25.00 PDT, is this polyphony digital time? Never heard of 25.00 Hours.

Interesting. I thought it would have said 23:00 to 00:00, not 25:00.

Yes, the final race in the FIA events happens at 27.00 here in New Zealand.

From Wikipedia :

"Time-of-day notations beyond 24:00 (such as 24:01 or 25:00 instead of 00:01 or 01:00) are not commonly used and not covered by the relevant standards. However, they have been used occasionally in some special contexts in the UK, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China where business hours extend beyond midnight, such as broadcast television production and scheduling."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock

Since PD headquarters were located in Japan this is common practice there. For example :

"Bars or clubs may advertise as being open until "26:00" (i.e. 2 am). This is partly to avoid any ambiguity (2 am versus 2 pm), partly because the closing time is considered part of the previous business day, and perhaps also due to cultural perceptions that the hours of darkness are counted as part of the previous day, rather than dividing the night between one day and the next."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_notation_in_Japan#Time

I really hope the track isn't ludicrously long and takes 6 minutes to get around. I would rather it take 2 minutes to get around the track and have a blast doing it. More isn't always a good thing.

I'll be hugely surprised if PD chose something other than the Toyota TS050-HYBRID. I would have assumed it would be that anyway but considering Toyota won Le Mans in June I think it is a dead cert.

They could always go with the upcoming Mazda 787B I guess

Last edited:
We all seem to forget that circuit experience is the best way for new players to learn the tracks and expand their garage. It's also good for exp in the early game, and helps to unlock content. Getting gold in all of them is not difficult; matching/beating the times set by people on your friend's list is.

I see your point, and I had a blast when I first tore through them as a newbie though I'm not a fantastic driver by any means, and I get gold first time in a lot of sectors. That actually means I often don't bother to watch the videos or read the advice. When I get stuck though, I do, and I learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back