GT Sport Update 1.52 Arrives, Fixes New Player "Garage Full" Bug

• Thread starter symaski62
  • 86 comments
An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
Fixed an issue wherein cars could not be purchased and the game would not progress, when a user first created save data using 'Gran Turismo Sport' 1.00 to 1.18 (including PlayStation®Hits version), and then applied Update 1.50 afterwards.

Please note that while this update will fix the save data so you can continue playing the game, the Garage will contain only the Gift Car that is given to you when you first start playing this game.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Anyone knows the technical reason why every update in GTS has to recopy the complet game (that 30 minutos copyng) ?

Thank in advance !

OMG just flashed it up and the download is 52Gb! Not really an issue as my internet speed pretty good (and just checked) but server must be overloaded as it's saying 17 HOURS to download......:confused:
I just it off and will try later.

The download is 152 Mb. The copying is another thing entirely.

Thanks.... I think there was a glitch with the PS4 - it said "downloading' not copying and kind of stalled at 2.808Gb.
As my technical expertise only extends to switching stuff off and on again, that's what I did with the PS!! And it seems to have worked, went back into the game and it now says "copying" and is at 27%.
Cheers :cheers:

Yes, but not as now.

Braking is no longer predictable, wether it is a new tire model or something else the car now sometimes brakes as usual, other times almost doesn't brake at all and other times slides. Braking points can vary from lap to lap.
It might be a combo of dirty air, cold tires and overloading tires. We don't know and no one seems able to replicate the behaviour.

That, however, is an issue I'm experiencing with GT Sport since the very first day. Offline physics aren't the same as online physics (be it tyre usage, grip levels, braking issues) and they vary from day to day and from track to track.

Primarily, I believe it to be a network issue. I'm performing best in local lobbies, the fewer foreign drivers the better for me. Joining a foreign lobby usually even costs me 1 - 2 seconds on an average lap. Also, I don't see a solution to this problem unless everyone gets even faster internet connections.

That, however, is an issue I'm experiencing with GT Sport since the very first day. Offline physics aren't the same as online physics (be it tyre usage, grip levels, braking issues) and they vary from day to day and from track to track.

Primarily, I believe it to be a network issue. I'm performing best in local lobbies, the fewer foreign drivers the better for me. Joining a foreign lobby usually even costs me 1 - 2 seconds on an average lap. Also, I don't see a solution to this problem unless everyone gets even faster internet connections.
I deleted the temporary files and it got better. The question is for how long...

It would also be nice if they undo whatever happened in the last update that made the cars drive worse (brakes/tires?)
Oh, and a BoP update too. Nerf the TS050 and buff the Gr.4 WRX & Citroen. :D
its not abug its the way it should be . If you go wide or off the racing line you will pay the price . Tire stay dirty much longer than before and you don't have to go off track off racing line will also penalize you like in real life . The break its the same you have to lift a little if you don't want them to lock . And tire damage if you beat them they over heat again like in real life . And 4 racers who want more tire info get in mind that IRL there is no info even for tires use we feel them and ts050 don't have to be nerfed she is slower that audi in pure speed its fuel that need to be adjusted

Last edited:
how is it possible to ruin the first experience for first time users of this game? I know people do wrong sometimes and thats okay. But This has happend at least one time before. I persuaded my friend to buy this game over a year ago, and he couldnt get online because he couldt see the videoes about sportmanship.........And also, when the game released the physics ds4 was broken, It was impossible to hold a slide, they fixed it, but man. My friend doesnt play this game to put it that way. Would he if everything was smooth? maybe, maybe not, but it would be a bigger chance if everything worked. Dont they play their own games? dont they try out thing before they release it for the masses?

OMG just flashed it up and the download is 52Gb! Not really an issue as my internet speed pretty good (and just checked) but server must be overloaded as it's saying 17 HOURS to download......:confused:
I just it off and will try later.
It's stupid. Just cancel the download and try again.

Handling is different between arcade mode and online lobbies as some settings are not enabled in time trial and that's why driving in lobbies is slower. There are many different reasons though why your braking can be different from lap to lap:
- Slipstream
- Dirty tires
- Slower or faster exit which influences your speed
- Tire wear
- Your fuel mix as it heavily changes your topspeed

Anyone knows the technical reason why every update in GTS has to recopy the complet game (that 30 minutos copyng) ?

Thank in advance !
As I understand it, it needs to copy it to a continuous empty space of the hdd.
It's the PS4's way of automatically de-fragging the hard drive.

Handling is different between arcade mode and online lobbies as some settings are not enabled in time trial and that's why driving in lobbies is slower. There are many different reasons though why your braking can be different from lap to lap:
- Slipstream
- Dirty tires
- Slower or faster exit which influences your speed
- Tire wear
- Your fuel mix as it heavily changes your topspeed
This isn't necessarily true. You can set up a race with the same settings as a custom arcade race. Tyre consumption is different then than in online lobbies. In the most extreme cases I had twice as much consumption online, and super soft tyres performing worse than hards - which didn't happen in offline tests on the same tracks with same settings.

Whether you want to believe it or not: server latency affects physics and tyre wear, and not everyone on track gets the same conditions to drive with.

I have seen cases where A+ drivers, which are normally a second faster than me, were a second slower than me. Or that drivers which normally lose 2 seconds on my time, were faster than me.

This doesn't happen because A+ suddenly fail to drive fast, or because I suddenly became a driving genius - that's solely because of network conditions.

This isn't necessarily true. You can set up a race with the same settings as a custom arcade race. Tyre consumption is different then than in online lobbies. In the most extreme cases I had twice as much consumption online, and super soft tyres performing worse than hards - which didn't happen in offline tests on the same tracks with same settings.

Whether you want to believe it or not: server latency affects physics and tyre wear, and not everyone on track gets the same conditions to drive with.

I have seen cases where A+ drivers, which are normally a second faster than me, were a second slower than me. Or that drivers which normally lose 2 seconds on my time, were faster than me.

This doesn't happen because A+ suddenly fail to drive fast, or because I suddenly became a driving genius - that's solely because of network conditions.
Server latency do not affect physics. Your car physics only calculated by client side and has nothing to do with server.

Server latency do not affect physics. Your car physics only calculated by client side and has nothing to do with server.
That's not true. The cars need to be synchronized. Of course, if driving side by side, or close behind each other, everyone seeks his own path, or brakes a bit earlier, or a bit later - and of course this affects each other. Cars aren't necessarily where we see them on track, a car might be bumped by another eventhough each driver left space... and that's exactly where online physics act different to offline physics. Offline, the game exactly knows what happens to your car in real time. Online, however, it's awaiting response from all connected players.

Back