GT Sport Update 1.63 Arrives, Brings Sport Mode Changes

Just doing Race C and get hit with an error code, GT Sport force stopping and the wheel locking all the way to the right.

Not sure if there's an issue with the update but not had that one happen before. RIP my SR.

The pit stop time changes... I did always wonder why GT Sport's pit stops were so weird, teleporting the car straight to the box and then straight to the exit. I always hated the...the uh...unrealism?...of it all. It gave you very little time to even see what tires you were picking, let alone letting you think about which to go for in longer races!

The main issue for me is BOP for the Manufacturers series.

Some cars in GT can keep pace while saving fuel or tyres or both. Others do neither of those very well.

So when you add 13 (!!) seconds to the pit transit time, then you are just widening the effective BOP gap, because you are taking pitstop options off the table for cars that otherwise need it.

Some cars in GT can keep pace while saving fuel or tyres or both. Others do neither of those very well.

So when you add 13 (!!) seconds to the pit transit time, then you are just widening the effective BOP gap, because you are taking pitstop options off the table for cars that otherwise need it.
I had a similar thought.
I was considering going for Audi in the pre-season to test another manu out, had obviously considered the fact that the TT Cup had been neutered and the tyre wear would be awful but thought I would just spend longer on harder compounds and/or do an extra pit stop but I'm guessing the pit stop time change will kill the thought of doing an extra stop.

Saying that, I am all for a more realistic pit stop procedure. The normal strat of doing 1-2 laps only on the hards will surely be dead now. A longer pit stop time will mean more drivers needing to spend longer on harder compounds.

I think, depending on tyre wear multipliers etc, that the medium tyres will now be the 'META' tyre

Sooo, any changes to the penalty system? Is it any better or worse, not sure it could get any worse.

If everyone is trying to race clean and only minor taps are happening it's much better as you don't get (or give the other driver) a penalty any more, sadly you also don't lose SR so expect everyone at 99 soon unless they are really dirty or cut lots of corners. Also been hit by a couple of out of control cars, no penalty there either, was almost certain before.

Have not seen enough dirty drivers to know how it works then but I've seen some stuff go unpunished that shouldn't have but also when cars have pushed others on to the grass they have got a penalty, which didn't always happen before. The real worry is push to pass may go unpunished now and if it does I expect racing to get dirty real soon unfortunately.

:gtplanet::cheers:

It all depends on the multipliers though, if fuel and tires aren’t set to high multipliers, then it doesn’t really hurt the cars worse on tire and fuel as much. :)

Last edited:
If everyone is trying to race clean and only minor taps are happening it's much better as you don't get (or give the other driver) a penalty any more, sadly you also don't lose SR so expect everyone at 99 soon unless they are really dirty or cut lots of corners. Also been hit by a couple of out of control cars, no penalty there either, was almost certain before.

Have not seen enough dirty drivers to know how it works then but I've seen some stuff go unpunished that shouldn't have but also when cars have pushed others on to the grass they have got a penalty, which didn't always happen before. The real worry is push to pass may go unpunished now and if it does I expect racing to get dirty real soon unfortunately.

Hmm, sounds interesting. I’ll give it a go later and see how it is.

Last edited:

Well the race I did this morning had a well-known driver in it an he didn’t get a penalty all race, so that’s unusual! Ha

Last edited by a moderator:
The pit stop changes sound reasonable. At places like Barthurst it seemed someone in front could pitstop and still come out in front. Its the same for all drivers, but not right?
Is there a bullet point listing of all the changes somewhere?

"The following changes have been made to the Penalty System"

89c.gif

"The following changes have been made to the Penalty System"

89c.gif

Yep.
I really appreciate them increasing pit times.
Now there’s more strategy than just run sticky tires the whole race and do one lap on the harder tires.
That’s been the strategy every single race for quite a while.
I hope they forget mandatory compounds also.
Many races I’m forced to stop when I could have been quicker without the extra stop.
It will probably be better now if you have the tire wear skills.

Last edited:
Yep.
I really appreciate them increasing pit times.
Now there’s more strategy than just run sticky tires the whole race and do one lap on the harder tires.
That’s been the strategy every single race for quite a while.
I hope they forget mandatory compounds also.
Many races I’m forced to stop when I could have been quicker without the extra stop.
It will probably be better now if you have the tire wear skills.
Lol. Watch Miyazono 4 stop the next Finals. :lol:

GT7 is coming this year

upload_2021-2-24_16-23-11.png

In essence, each console acts as a server, but also as a client. There's no single machine to which all the others send data and which then serves data out to all the others. They all do it.

In race time, all clients (or consoles) are sending data to all other connected consoles. But they still need a host to let everyone know which console is which. In a lobby if you setup a room, you will become a host.

You're both roughly describing a "Mesh" P2P network, where all consoles send and receive data to and from all other consoles connected to the same session. I don't believe this is the case. I suspect GTS (likes its network play enabled predecessors) employ a star network, with the hosts PS4 acting as the central server to which all other consoles connect. The reason I suspect this is two-fold:

• While my internet connection is perfectly fine when someone else is hosting a room, if I host the experience for everyone almost inevitably goes to ****. In a mesh network my connection wouldn't really affect everyone else if everyone else was sending/receiving data to/from everyone else too.
  • Even when a room is set to transfer room ownership when the current host leaves, if a host unexpectedly exits (by abruptly closing the application, or shutting down their console without first properly exiting the lobby) the connection to the session can be lost for everyone. A mesh network would be far more resilient against the host console unexpectedly exiting (probably rage quitting :lol:)

If anyone has set up a PC to act as a router and sniffed what packets have been whizzing through (how many other connections are being maintained with their PS4) then I'm happy to be corrected with hard evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does one of the shortest tracks in the game, Laguna Seca, have the longest pit time? The tight corner to get in pit lane doesn't seem like it would take that long to get around, compared to some others, like say Bathurst with the chicanes and grass/sand surrounding it.
Am I the only one who thinks it's strange the shorter the track the longer the pit stop, or the longer the track the shorter pit stops becomes?

As for content it would be cool to get at least 1 New Track or at most add some Rain Conditions at existing Tracks like
Blue Moon, Suzuka, Nürburgring 24 hour, Kyoto Driving Park. This can make some fun race in 2021 Nations Cup.

and on one last note it would be fun to get some upgrade cars (GR.4 & GR.3) EVO packages, this can spice up the
2021 Manufacturer Series[/QUOTE]

IMO i agree to keep the game a little fresh 2 tracks and some updated Gr3/4 would of freshened the game up as a stop gap.

As for content it would be cool to get at least 1 New Track or at most add some Rain Conditions at existing Tracks like
Blue Moon, Suzuka, Nürburgring 24 hour, Kyoto Driving Park. This can make some fun race in 2021 Nations Cup.

and on one last note it would be fun to get some upgrade cars (GR.4 & GR.3) EVO packages, this can spice up the
2021 Manufacturer Series

IMO i agree to keep the game a little fresh 2 tracks and some updated Gr3/4 would of freshened the game up as a stop gap.[/QUOTE]
Yes, at least the promised Vision GT cars should be inside. And one track outside the trailer, that shouldn’t be expect too much.

The problem for PD now could be the direct comparison eventually to the next Forza 8 next year. If that will get such a jump to next gen with full Xbox 12 teraflops and rdna2 power and for the horizon fanbase with 1000 cars probably, they have to do anything to make the players base stay.

Last edited:
How amazing would a cheeky little VR update be with full grids. Take No Mans Sky, it now looks amazing on PS5 VR via PS4 backwards play.

Surely it's simple enough for a team like PD to 'flick the switch' and allow something they actually wanted for the PS4 at launch, but was held back by technical restrictions of hardware.

Here's me hoping, but very much doubting
It'll never happen for fear of people not buying GT7 when it's released.

If anyone has set up a PC to act as a router and sniffed what packets have been whizzing through (how many other connections are being maintained with their PS4) then I'm happy to be corrected with hard evidence.
As an aside, you don't need to set up a PC as a router to do that, you can do it with a £20 Smart Managed Switch like the GS305E.

Back