GT Sport Will Be at the 2017 Game Developers Conference

Why? Moreover GDC is about developer so some programmer or artist will give some presentation. We may get some new pics or videos with new car or track but I do not think anyone should expect anything else

The game was meant to be released 3 months ago not delay it for a year. Didn't they say it was easier making this on ps4 than ps3? I'm no computer person but surely it can't take a whole year again. They should've gave us more of these presentations new cars and tracks (which I still stand that it should be more than 19) from a year ago leading up to November in fact they should've just gave us the beta as it is.

It almost would be better if they released one car and one track. Then, add 2 cars and track very week. Similar to the GT Academy demos, but more frequent.

From November, the car & track count would be at 35 and 17.

Shame. I'm watching GT Academy GT-Rs race on the beach. What could be happening in a demo right now...

You gotta laugh at how many conferences this series goes to... and for what purpose? Let's look at another beta version of the same game for year after year!

I can't tell if it's a traveling employee or a video game...

Going to egx was the worst. Not being rude but the people who was running that bit had no idea of the game and didn't know what we really wanted to experience. I believe a few people tried out tokyo express way because someone I presume I know changed the track because they themselves picked the longer route on brands hatch. I don't think i'll attent another event there again unless this time it has more features or more tracks and its coming immediately.

If they release a Beta which is unfinished and has sticking issues during gameplay it will be worse because users will complain that the game is **** and that will be the talk spread across various forums. Better to wait IMO until whatever is in a state they believe is finished enough to be resolved and available.
But people get the chance to play the unfinished game
Why should they critisize an unfinished game?

Do you mean there are people who won't be able to separate the idea of a beta / demo GT Sport from the gold, final version? Are you wondering why people would base an opinion on the launch version from the demo? Truth is most people base their decisions entirely on demos. Demos can be used to decide if someone will play the "final" version.

If they release a Beta which is unfinished and has sticking issues during gameplay it will be worse because users will complain that the game is **** and that will be the talk spread across various forums. Better to wait IMO until whatever is in a state they believe is finished enough to be resolved and available.
They released GT5 though.

Maybe you should head to the P Cars 2 forum and see how real developers interact with its community. :)

PD could learn a thing or two but unfortunately it's an old dog...and it refuses to learn new tricks.

PD's got one trick: PLAY DEAD.

Last edited:
Maybe you should head to the P Cars 2 forum and see how real developers interact with its community. :)

PD could learn a thing or two but unfortunately it's an old dog...and it refuses to learn new tricks.

PD's got one trick: PLAY DEAD.
That's not a nice thing to say about PD. They don't have to communicate in forums to be a "real developer". They could be more forthcoming about what to expect, sure, but I think that statement is a bit too broad.

That's not a nice thing to say about PD. They don't have to communicate in forums to be a "real developer". They could be more forthcoming about what to expect, sure, but I think that statement is a bit too broad.

Real developers ship. I think at this point it's pretty accurate; until Polyphony pulls finger and actually puts a game out this generation they're simply talking big and it's probably fair not to lump them in with the real developers. What we've seen so far makes GT5P look positively expansive.

There's a good chance that SMS puts out their second game and T10 their 3rd before Polyphony gets to their first.

Real developers ship. I think at this point it's pretty accurate; until Polyphony pulls finger and actually puts a game out this generation they're simply talking big and it's probably fair not to lump them in with the real developers. What we've seen so far makes GT5P look positively expansive.

There's a good chance that SMS puts out their second game and T10 their 3rd before Polyphony gets to their first.

:lol::lol::lol:
Oh :gtpflag:'s finest. Always giving comedians a run for their money.

Because it's true and you ( presumably ) dont like it, it's not nice? PDI and Kaz are the ones that said to open a sub forum on GTP and ask questions and they acted like such a thing never took place. Now that is not nice.

GT Sport being 30 FPS on a regular PS4 is pure non-sense.
30 fps on PS4 is for replays. 60 fps replays on PS4 Pro. Not gameplay.

So if you see replays at 60 fps it will be via a PS4 Pro. We don't see much standard PS4 footage....

So if you see replays at 60 fps it will be via a PS4 Pro. We don't see much standard PS4 footage....

Oh though it was for gameplay, you are correct yes. Weird though, aren't replays pre-rendered? why wouldn't they not run at 60?

What big talk? It doesn't matter how many games you put out on a current console. No other developer is more "real" just because of that. You're insinuating PD won't release GTS at all? Because it doesn't matter if he's later to release than other racing games. The game comes out, he's a game developer, 'for real'. Maybe a less forthcoming one, or less chatty, but definitely no less real.

Oh though it was for gameplay, you are correct yes. Weird though, aren't replays pre-rendered? why wouldn't they not run at 60?

They're not pre-rendered I don't think, more like a set of instructions to the game engine. Why the file sizes for replays are tiny.

Last edited:

Replays on PS4 are 30fps and in some camera angles 60fps

What big talk? It doesn't matter how many games you put out on a current console. No other developer is more "real" just because of that.

It doesn't matter how many games you put out, as long as the number is bigger than zero. Otherwise you're not a game developer.

You're insinuating PD won't release GTS at all? Because it doesn't matter if he's later to release than other racing games. The game comes out, he's a game developer, 'for real'. Maybe a less forthcoming one, or less chatty, but definitely no less real.

It's entirely possible that it never releases. Or that it releases on PS5. Or gets transformed into GT7. Or Sony gets sick of Polyphony dragging their heels and axes them. Scalebound, anyone?

Seriously, if you're not shipping games then you're at best a software research house, not a game developer. Until they at least show something that actually resembles a moderately finished game, I think not describing them as a real developer is accurate. They're not on the same page as Turn 10, Playground, Kunos and SMS, who all have real products on shelves that people can buy and play.

It doesn't matter how many games you put out, as long as the number is bigger than zero. Otherwise you're not a game developer.

It's entirely possible that it never releases. Or that it releases on PS5. Or gets transformed into GT7. Or Sony gets sick of Polyphony dragging their heels and axes them. Scalebound, anyone?

Seriously, if you're not shipping games then you're at best a software research house, not a game developer. Until they at least show something that actually resembles a moderately finished game, I think not describing them as a real developer is accurate. They're not on the same page as Turn 10, Playground, Kunos and SMS, who all have real products on shelves that people can buy and play.
That's this generation of consoles. But I can buy gt6 for ps3 again if I want to. That's a shipped game. Or I can download it digitally. Just because gts isn't released doesn't make them 'not real'. That justification is wrong. You and others that feel that way are acting like PD have closed up shop. I don't even get the exaggeration. Yeah they lack the communication of others, but that's it. I don't know why they're taking this long to release the game, but I know it's coming. It's not vaporware though seems like some here would have you believe it is! :lol:

Because as usual PD has no news at all and they can't show things unless they're at a convention because... I don't know, Twitter doesn't exist, and their website doesn't either. [shrug]

Yeah, nailed it. Kind of weird that they don't do any of that really. It's a very... '1995' way of doing things :(

That's this generation of consoles. But I can buy gt6 for ps3 again if I want to. That's a shipped game. Or I can download it digitally. Just because gts isn't released doesn't make them 'not real'. That justification is wrong. You and others that feel that way are acting like PD have closed up shop. I don't even get the exaggeration. Yeah they lack the communication of others, but that's it.

Look, perhaps "not real" isn't the right term to help you understand. But what do you call a developer who talks about how great their game will be, how soon it will be out, how it will revolutionise the genre, and yet so far hasn't shown anything that's even remotely noteworthy given the hardware and has both dropped an open beta and delayed release with an unknown time frame.

This for a game that, on the surface, is really not that complicated given the tech that they already have available from the PS3 generation. There's not a lot of cars and tracks. Scapes are probably a fair bit of work, but if they're delaying the game for full Scapes integration then that's a mistake. They have what sounds like a fairly functional physics system already, from reports of people who have played it. They have static weather conditions and non-dynamic lighting, which is a step back from what they'd previously done. The online thing is interesting, but it seems to me to be more of a question of how they want it set up than whether it's technically possible. Other games have been doing these things for years.

And yet nearly four years after their last game and they're still not able to give a release date or fully shown all GTS's features. What do you call a developer that does this to distinguish them from developers that set targets and releases games within the few months of delay that seem to be fairly industry standard these days?

Seriously, I can accept that "not a real developer" isn't exactly an accurate way to describe them. But I feel that there's a distinction that needs to be made between developers that release fairly regularly like T10 or Codemasters, and developers like Polyphony where there's a real chance that GTS actually gets pushed to PS5. Undisciplined developers? Aspirational developers? Eternal developers?

I don't know why they're taking this long to release the game, but I know it's coming.

No, you don't. You're hopeful, but nobody knows at this point.

What we do know is that given what they've showed so far they're a long way from a finished game, at least the game that they have described.

It's not vaporware though seems like some here would have you believe it is! :lol:

It's pretty solidly encroaching on The Last Guardian territory though. Not vapourware, but possibly entering development hell which isn't generally great news.

One hopes that it ends up as a Last Guardian (late and not great but gets here in the end) rather than a Scalebound. Of course, it would be the best for everyone if it turns out like GTA V. But it could be the next Half Life 2: Episode 3, the game that everyone knows exists (or at least existed at one point) but no one knows when (or if) it will be released.

Back