GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
On one hand I would have liked a Gr. C but on the other hand, I like that there are non-VGT Gr. 1 cars now where using cockpit view doesn't put you at a massive disadvantage (the 919 and TS-050 cockpit views are kinda ok, but still very restricted).

*Sigh* Nik_Makozi is 17, he really deserves to participate in these events (multiple time Nations Cup chamion!), why couldn't they just lower it by 1 year!? :banghead: Now Australia is probably going to get thrashed by Japan at the Asia/Oceania live event. :(
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 17.09.20.png

For anyone worrying about the Group C cars being in Gr.1, I’m sure the BoP will make sure they remain competitive. They all have more power than the majority of Gr.1 anyway, they’d probably just add a ton of downforce
More power means less driveability. Having 1200hp on a 790kg car that has no downforce and bad suspension means you'll oversteer literally everywhere and even if you somehow manage to keep in on track like the drivers back in the day, there's no way you can get within 5 seconds of the newer LMP1s at La Sarthe.

They also only have a manual transmission. That alone can cost around a second at La Sarthe. They could do the same with the Audi Quattro and replace it with a sequential transmission, but honestly that's a load of bull. I hate it that they did that in the Quattro.

Adding so much downforce to match the current LMP1s means these cars wouldn't be the Group C machines they are anymore. By doing that you'll be changing a fundamental aspect of the car.

For anyone worrying about the Group C cars being in Gr.1, I’m sure the BoP will make sure they remain competitive. They all have more power than the majority of Gr.1 anyway, they’d probably just add a ton of downforce
BOP won't be an issue (per se), since an Audi GT and a Chiron on steroid can magically keep up with full blown prototypes already, but some people prefer realism, not mixing older Group Cs with modern prototypes and futuristic VGTs.

Edit: Very good point by @Alpha Cipher
Adding so much downforce to match the current LMP1s means these cars wouldn't be the Group C machines they are anymore. By doing that you'll be changing a fundamental aspect of the car.

K32
*Sigh* Nik_Makozi is 17, he really deserves to participate in these events (multiple time Nations Cup chamion!), why couldn't they just lower it by 1 year!? :banghead: Now Australia is probably going to get thrashed by Japan at the Asia/Oceania live event. :(
View attachment 739403
As if he never ages :lol: also it says you need to be 18 for some things

The whole "putting Group C into the same category as LMP1" thing is what pushes me away from driving any race car in this game. Realistically, those two can't compete and any BoP done to balance them would make them unrealistic. Also, the Megane V6 Trophy in Gr. 4... as if the much closer to production Megane Gr.4 wasn't already an overkill machine at some point, now they introduce what is, essentially, a silhouette Megane, into the group. Makes no sense.

The whole "putting Group C into the same category as LMP1" thing is what pushes me away from driving any race car in this game.
One of the reasons why I stick to hotlapping most of the times. I wish they were put into sub-classes so I can choose them (and only them) when setting up custom races.

...PD could simply implement Race D that could last for 40+ minutes (I wouldn't mind at all) every hour one race. So someone who doesn't have time for Championship can enjoy the longer daily racing. Also they could get 24+ cars on grid with maybe multiclass like one of the SinglePlayer experiences with Prosche RSR (Gr3 and Gr4).

Jesus christ I would love it if PD added muticlass races. I enjoy the hell out of that on project cars 2 offline. Nobody never run it online on there though so just imagine PD adding that into the rotation for daily races in sport mode....:drool: I mean we got the blue flags now and stuff so it would definitely make sense to add it.

Group C cars had tons (literally) of downforce. They had ground effects. You can see the side skirts on the cars were getting. The big difference to today's prototypes are tires and things like transmission and brakes.

The whole "putting Group C into the same category as LMP1" thing is what pushes me away from driving any race car in this game. Realistically, those two can't compete and any BoP done to balance them would make them unrealistic. Also, the Megane V6 Trophy in Gr. 4... as if the much closer to production Megane Gr.4 wasn't already an overkill machine at some point, now they introduce what is, essentially, a silhouette Megane, into the group. Makes no sense.
You realise LMP1 cars do 12 in about 45 minutes. Group C did 16 in an hour.

You think they‘ll do one event at every continent and then abandon the world tour? I doubt it.

My thought is that it will happen on a yearly basis.

It's a pretty standard approach for legal reasons. It's not like PD is doing it to punish anybody.

Perhaps they can make exceptions for Nations Cup/Manufacturer Series champions? It's like saying "Yeah he's one of the fastest, he's been showing some amazing results, he's even won a couple of test series, but because a tad underage, we're not going to let him race."

K32
That's the "thing", the event might happen before he's 18.
I have the same problem. Hopefully.
Group C cars had tons (literally) of downforce. They had ground effects. You can see the side skirts on the cars were getting. The big difference to today's prototypes are tires and things like transmission and brakes.
If Group C had tons of downforce, then tell me. Just how much downforce do LMP1 cars have today?

The Group C cars we got aren't even the ones that tried to create downforce. They have sleek, knife-like bodies and low wings because they're specifically designed for Le Mans. Sure they had ground effects, but with so many years passing by, do you really think modern LMP1s cannot achieve the same ground effect despite more limitations to the diffuser size?

K32
Perhaps they can make exceptions for Nations Cup/Manufacturer Series champions?

You're suggesting a company (or companies) turn a blind eye to standard legal practices because someone's good at a video game?

:odd:

Nice, very good stuff overall. I'm very disappointed in the Clio though; it's absolutely pointless other than making up the numbers.

Ah, but it's got a different front bumper! :P

Back