GT Sport's Online Experience is Only Around 15% of Total Game

I was sooo hoping that was the case when I learned about it. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough of an adjustment. GT6 was slightly twitchy to me while remaining competitive. FM6 is difficult to keep it on the edge, although I'm able to control a drift. I couldn't be consistent at all.

I'll probably try it again later. Just in case.

I also adjusted the zones and tried again. I also bought an elite controller as the taller thumbsticks allow for more leverage which enables smoother steering. Transformed the game for me. Now playable.

All I can hear from this article is the straight cut whine of a car in reverse. It will be interesting to see whats available on day1 and what might become downloaded daily or weekly challenges (à la "Ride 2").

I have noticed a trend that people that start with GT and try to move to Forza have a difficult time adjusting. I haven't heard as much for the opposite for those transitioning from Forza to GT. I think the biggest hurdle for me is the actual difference in the pads. :lol: After experiencing the current pads on Xbox, I'm not so sure I'll be able to adjust correctly to GTS, since its so easy to notice wheel lock with it.

I made a jump from GT to Forza.. I had got to the point where I would run no assists except ABS at 1 on GT.. Went to Forza and turned the assists off.. I had trouble at first but got used to it. Went back to GT.. had to get used to it again.

Maybe I'm the type of person who adapt quickly. I don't know. But I plan on getting both systems along with GTS, PC2, and FM7 to see how they fare..

I don't really understand the claim being made here. How can the online aspect only account for 15% of the total game? Something doesn't seem right. Especially when we've been seeing so much of the online element.

The reaction about Kaz comments are silly. It is Kaz, he just kind of says stuff. Some times he is dreaming some times he is wishing. His comments are no super accurate and we know this. So... adjust because he is not. Someone with more knowledge may be able to chime in more bit. I wonder if any of his claims are rooted in his culture. Saving face giving a positive spin and protecting you team. Seem like a Japanese kind of thing. Public statements by Kaz and Honda McLaren have some similarities

The only 1% I'll be online is for playing with friends, cruising and showing liveries off. Also the custom race editor on Gran Turismo's website is said to be online, So I'm kinda wary about this one. After all, Kaz is known to be an amazing master of the art of "Talking out of his 🤬"

The only 1% I'll be online is for playing with friends, cruising and showing liveries off. Also the custom race editor on Gran Turismo's website is said to be online, So I'm kinda wary about this one. After all, Kaz is known to be an amazing master of the art of "Talking out of his 🤬"
I can see how you perhaps got confused with that one, as that small section briefly talks of both Arcade and Open Lobbies.
But Custom Races are found in the Arcade menu, so I would expect them to be offline. 👍

I'm not sure where they are heading with this though, as you can pretty much "set your own rules" with Arcade mode already.
And they only mention "races", not "championships".
So we'll have to wait for more details.

I can see how you perhaps got confused with that one, as that small section briefly talks of both Arcade and Open Lobbies.
But Custom Races are found in the Arcade menu, so I would expect them to be offline. 👍

I'm not sure where they are heading with this though, as you can pretty much "set your own rules" with Arcade mode already.

Well they are saying "the arcade got better" so I expect those custom rules to be something we couldn't set before.

What would you like to see as an option there ?

I'd like to see the ability to freely decide the grid - both size and cars.

Hopefully we can remove the penalties and all the sportsmanship nonsense from Arcade mode? I'm very casual.

Then GT Sport is a confirmed buy for me. ^^ All my thanks to you!

If you will allow me, I will use it as a reference to explain my point of view on the discussion of the 15% players online.
For me, KAz wanted to say the following: 15% of people are eSport players, the rest, 85%, are casual gamers.
Let's assume they sell something around 5 million copies, multiplied by 15% the result is 750,000 eSport players.
Let's assume that everything I said makes sense, so, wow ...... 750K is a good number.

If you will allow me, I will use it as a reference to explain my point of view on the discussion of the 15% players online.
For me, KAz wanted to say the following: 15% of people are eSport players, the rest, 85%, are casual gamers.
Let's assume they sell something around 5 million copies, multiplied by 15% the result is 750,000 eSport players.
Let's assume that everything I said makes sense, so, wow ...... 750K is a good number.
How is it going to take into account the players for each mode if they don't know the amount of players there are going to be, in general? That doesn't seem very logical.

How is it going to take into account the players for each mode if they don't know the amount of players there are going to be, in general? That doesn't seem very logical.

I agree with you, there is no type of statistic that proves any kind of argument, let's wait for the launch of the game.

Well they are saying "the arcade got better" so I expect those custom rules to be something we couldn't set before.

What would you like to see as an option there ?

I'd like to see the ability to freely decide the grid - both size and cars.
Apologies for the late reply.

Yeh, grid selection is an option.
Otherwise, when you consider what's already on offer, I'm not sure there's much left apart from organised championships.
Maybe it will happen, but personally I'm not holding my breath.
So I guess I'm a little lost regarding these improvements for Arcade.

Personally, I don't care. Well I do in a way, but you know...

If the game is enjoyable & decent, then I have no problem with it. I'm not going to judge it yet because it's not even released. It could really pay off. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I interpret the 85/15 as being 85% of the game's content/modes can be used offline, while the 15% is dedicated to online functionality/modes. I'm just hoping the "campaign" actually includes customized racing options vs mere tutorials and challenges.

That wright, it is time to make a shedule for a practice online driving, beating reacords, so cool I am exited with that. I have already seen how many corners we will turn, and how many electricity will gone:dunce::drool::cheers::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :gtpflag: I will be the coolest part of automotive history, I can smell it..:D:D:D

Actually, it's worse. Offline you can access the arcade mode AND ONLY the arcade mode, which means: no livery editor, brand central, scapes...
I'm surprised many are OK with this policy.

The vast majority of GT Sport players will have a consistent internet connection.

Actually, it's worse. Offline you can access the arcade mode AND ONLY the arcade mode, which means: no livery editor, brand central, scapes...
I'm surprised many are OK with this policy.
Some aren't and they've been vocal about it but I suspect it's not a concern for most.

Back