GT Sport's Online Experience is Only Around 15% of Total Game

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 10, 2017.

1. gregc

gregc

Exactly. If GT was the only game in town I'd be really annoyed about this whole thing - happily, that's not the case.

MABlosfeld likes this.
  2. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

I don't understand why there isn't both a decent online and offline experience, especially after 4 years of development time from a steller 1st party software team. Seems a very odd decision to make. Very disappointing. I hope it isn't true.
    I can't imagine F7 not having both. And why does it feel like we are being penalised ? Why couldn't they have all the cars and tracks from GT6, and more ? 4 years, what's the problem ?

3. Joey D

Joey D Premium

The answer is probably licensing. Just because X car was licensed for GT6 doesn't mean it carries over to GTS, same goes with tracks.

4. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

So out of the 1000 cars they had licenses for, they only managed to snag 150~? That seems like to big of a drop to be pure licensing issues. I think it leads more towards development time per each modeled car. With them wanting this game to reach 500 cars by the end of it's life, it makes it seem less likely in my opinion.

TwinTurbo LM and breyzipp like this.
  5. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Would you rather have 1,200 cars where over half of them are PS2 quality and where ~100 of them are duplicates or would you rather have 150 ground-up built PS4 quality cars.

6. ferhound

ferhound

This resumes in no IA racing, campaign mode is a lie here.
    I supose fans will have to wait for GT7 fall 2022.

7. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

I would rather have all the future proof cars that they dropped, that turned out to not be future proof.

8. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

After 4 years of development I'd rather they pull the finger out and deliver a game that is expected and one that can compete with contemporary titles. Regarding the other titles I suspect this time round PD could well be put to shame.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  9. Coiler

Coiler

This, this, and this. They did hold on to PS2 car models for a whole HD generation even improving them in GT6 just to drop the Premiums like that???
    This has no sense! And now we hear the same crap about 8k ready cars, online being just 15% of the game what next ? Maybe that we will get DLC tracks+cars every second month like last time because GT is a platform very easy to add on?

CodeCmdr and queleuleu like this.
  10. dimassa19

dimassa19

If you wish to use only the online mode, It will be 100% of the game.

11. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

True, and a slider would've been great, but 20 years later we still have the same AI. it will likely never change, sadly.

Jerome

12. Coiler

Coiler

:dunce:Just hope you are joking ;)

Mr Tree and dimassa19 like this.
  13. FordGTGuy

FordGTGuy

This is a racing game and most of that racing will be done online, will people spend a lot of time in scapes? Sure but it's likely going to be a pretty small portion of the overall community.

14. Quakebass

Quakebass

I... I just...

I don't know how that figure was pulled out. It doesn't make sense. How is it calculated? Is he going by number of "modes"? Is it based on assets? How much physical content and usability there is? (Not necessarily a lose for me but I'm not the general user base) Is most of the other 85% taken by Photomode? Is there a plethora of unannounced features (even just over two months away from release) that we don't know about?

I don't see how it can be 15%. less than 50%, maybe, but there's no way. The marketing has been 90% focused on the online and Sport Mode functions for over a year, while only slowly trickling out info on the rest of the game over the same time period. Online is clearly what they're trying to beef up for added replay value and strengthened user retention, and I can't see any other part of the game aside from maybe Photomode being as big or bigger.

Imari and Timlour like this.
  15. azeeza

azeeza

A hidden career mode on etiquette racing :D

16. dimassa19

dimassa19

We had two modes in the Beta: Online (Sport) and Arcade.
    We can say that 50% of the Beta was an online experience.
    But, if you played only the Sport mode, your game experience was 100% online.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    PhaedrusSocrate likes this.
  17. Edzgt5

Edzgt5

We know so little about arcade mode, if it's as customisable as possible ( chanmpoinships, rules and regulations then it could be like gt psp but way better, that added to all the other features could give it 80% offline, but arcade probably won't be as good as that, should be decent though, I belive the game will still be atleast 40% online if not more

Ahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
  18. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Was it even a calculated statement, or was it an optimistic claim? These are but many questions that a veteran GT player must always be prepared to ask when a Wild Kaz Appears.

19. marcvic

marcvic

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, if there happens to be any fixed or rotating offline series, I will definitely partake when racing offline:tup:.

I mentioned that I see progression as increasing lap times and Sport performance (+ car collecting/customization/photo-taking of course). I will be spending a lot of time in arcade mode to grind for cash when I want some less intense racing. So if I had to break down my racing experience for GTS, it would be about 50-55% offline, and 45-50% online.

Strange though - I've never been one for competitive online before, strictly coop. But these running championships have me excited about it. I'm really looking forward to the manufacturer's cup. I don't know who I'm going to sign with first :confused: - I feel like an athlete right now lol. I'm interested to see the contract length and terms options (if there are any).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  20. 66Books

66Books

In GT5 (practice mode), you could run a one-make race with any car on just about any track. Does anyone know if we'll be able to do this in GT Sport?
    Thanks!

21. 05XR8

05XR8

Replace "Experiences" with "duplicates" and it all begins to make sense...

22. Atwork

Atwork

I am not really confused about this games. With knowledge of past gt's, pd's statements and the sim racing industry I feel like i have a decent idea of what they are going to put out. The original focus of GTS was a little different from what it is now. I expect when we are done with dlc it will be even further away from the original intent. If GTS never becomes what I think that it will be I have so many other options. I am not worried I do not need hard hitting reports parsing statements. What I heard is there is plenty to do in GTS besides online. Most of the initial objections about GT have been heard and at least been taken note off. Now I just need get a chronas max so I can use my fanatec setup.

jm79 and PhaedrusSocrate like this.
  23. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

From another forum

Sport:
    - Race entry (online)
    - Live report (N.A.)

Campaign:
    - Driving School (offline)
    - Mission challenge (offline)
    - Circuit experience (offline)
    - Racing Etiquette (offline)

Arcade:
    - Single race (offline)
    - 2 player battle (offline)
    - VR driving (offline)
    -Time trial (offline)
    - Drift trial (offline)
    - Custom race (offline)
    - Multiplayer battle (online)

Online modes: 2/12 -> 16,6%
    Offline modes: 10/12 -> 83,33%

E voila, that's your 15%. Juking the stats...

24. jm79

jm79

Solved.

Good work.

:cheers: :lol:

PhaedrusSocrate and SlimCharles like this.
  25. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

jm79 likes this.
  26. Mr Tree

Mr Tree

This was allready posed as how they got to the number. Nice to know that's where it comes from but...

This is just intentionally misleading, you know who uses tricks like these?

Con men and liars

CodeCmdr likes this.
  27. jm79

jm79

Bit harsh!

28. Hellburner

Hellburner

So out of the 138 cars that are known for now, you say that there aren't duplicates among them? If I take a quick look at the list I count 67 unique real cars and 24 unique fantasy/VGT cars. So there are 47 duplicates (Gr. 3, Gr.4 and Gr.B). I rather have 500 PS4 quality cars, so I bought a secondhand Xbox One with Forza 6 and I'm going to play this untill there are enough cars and offline content to make me consider buying GT Sport.

29. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Peak Microsoft that. :lol:

I agree with your statement but am still hopeful the custom race options are substantial.

30. TS050

TS050 Premium

Since when were the Gr. cars duplicates?

A normal Ferrari 458 isn't a duplicate of a 458 GT3.