GT Sport's Online Experience is Only Around 15% of Total Game

"While we’re curious how Yamauchi arrived at that exact number, this is good news all the same."

Curious? He's probably straight up lying, ... again ..., If you're curious why not ask how he gets to that number? By just counting the amount of modes? Has he taken replayability of the seperate modes into account?

This article is just, well it's no article, it just is advertisement. Nothing more. Give information not just straight up repeat claims someone made about the game they are developping.

Why? I really don't get it. What's in it for gtplanet? What do you get for just repeating lies of a developper? And if you don't get anything thzn why do you do this? Why do you give airtime to an idea that's most likely once again just a lie. Why don't you let the man justify his claims and refuse to accept them until the burdon of proof is met? No seriously how can you be respected by a community as a valuable source if information when you choose to go along with these unverified claims?

Edit: I've been explained GTplanet had no chance for folluwup questions as they weren't personally conducting the interview. This explains the form of the article

Last edited:
He just wilfully puts out incorrect information to make it all sound better than it is.

Just wondering why we sugarcoat it like that, we have a word for that sentence: lie.

Sorry I just can't understand this. And what I mostly fail to understand (as a new member) is why gtplanet does this.

The articles looked fair and just when I arrivee here. But now we are getting closer to release they just seem to be a pr machine that PD can use whenever they want. They can make bold claims an gtplanet will put them forth not even trying to be critical.

Edit: I've been explained GTplanet had no chance for folluwup questions as they weren't personally conducting the interview. This explains the form of the article

Last edited:
Just wondering why we sugarcoat it like that, we have a word for that sentence: lie.

Sorry I just can't understand this. And what I mostly fail to understand (as a new member) is why gtplanet does this.

The articles looked fair and just when I arrivee here. But now we are getting closer to release they just seem to be a pr machine that PD can use whenever they want. They can make bold claims an gtplanet will put them forth not even trying to be critical.
Personally I think that is very wide of the mark. If this site is a PD PR machine why would they let the very open discussions we see about the game. They are reporting what has been said for us to discuss, which we are doing in a free and frank manner. This site is by some margin one of the best around IMO.

I... I'm... I'm probably just really :dunce::dunce::dunce: but:

15% of online experiences: "If you look, the rest is not online experiences."
Not game time, not core loop or whatever. Experiences.

Most of those are not even really quantifiable since online will offer hourly, daily, weekly, monthly """experiences"'" plus user created lobbies that too run hourly, daily, so on.

While if you look at campaign alone, it's straight up finite. After you are done, it's just repetition.

To interpret it like that is weird to me. Doubly so when we don't hear the question.

Now:

Sport / Online?
Arcade / VR / Campaign / Scapes / Brand Central / Livery / Achievements?

I'm preeeeeetty sure he meant this ^. But :indiff::indiff::indiff:.

:gtplanet: gonna :gtpflag:.

Well its just Kaz and his strange way of calculating. Dont get me wrong love the game and i want it NOW!! But how they put things and make choises is something i cant follow anymore.

The only way this claim is right is with the old school tuning upgrades thing and races as they where with a bit more cars/tracks some weather thing. All things i didnt see yet.

What i dont get is how Sony is dealing with this. A studio named Evolution Studios that made some of the best Arcade racer over the last years and because of some errors what they fixed bigtime the studio gets clossed and we last a perfect NEW ip! That when they could make Driveclub 2 could be one of the best racers ever. But Poly, because of the bigget numbers can do whatever they want........

Maybe there is allot we dont know yet because they keep it quit for a bigger hype before release but u think we almost seen eveything and at this point iam a bit worried about rain or other weather things. Carlist en tracklist is as good a know so what else could they have in store? We will see...... Gamescom is next....

Everybody's experience is different so it would be stupid to base it on experience. Many people will spend 100% of their time in online mode, some others may spend 95% of their time in scapes.
Exactly. Developer should always measure in the available amount of content/features. I have a feeling we haven't quite seen the full scope of GTS yet. Or maybe we have. I'll just reserve judgement until the thing is out. :lol:

No seriously how can you be respected by a community as a valuable source if information when you choose to go along with these unverified claims?

Reporting events as they happened is part of journalism. A video of that Kaz statement exist in case you're in doubt. Whether that claim is confirmed or not in the future is Kaz's sole responsibility. It may be a very meaningful piece of the puzzle people around here are trying to resolve; even more so as it seemingly modifies the picture this community has been able to build so far...

But now we are getting closer to release they just seem to be a pr machine that PD can use whenever they want.
That depends on whether you decide to approach it critically yourself or not. GTPlanet reports info that the team receives and we discuss it in the forums. Personally I prefer my news as raw as it can get, so I can apply my own thinking and viewpoints on the matter.

Online 15% *
Single player 5%
Car and manufacturer history lessons 5%
Drawing stickers and car painting 25%
Photo mode 50%

Four years of life wasted waiting.

*includes five real world tracks to cover FIA licence and that Sport in title

Translator-San---lost-in-translation.jpg

Personally I think that is very wide of the mark. If this site is a PD PR machine why would they let the very open discussions we see about the game. They are reporting what has been said for us to discuss, which we are doing in a free and frank manner. This site is by some margin one of the best around IMO.

Ok I wasn't clear. As pointed out I found this site to be balanced all over. So I do not claim they are a personal pr machine of PD. What I do mean is that GTplanet does lend their platform for a pure pr article. There was nothing of substance but a very bold, most probably (for practical purposes) false claim.

And I don't understand why a respectable site as this would just be a platform for claims they as well as us put huge questionmarks with.

My trust in reporterd goes down when they just put forward random claims without backup questions. Especially when it's claims that seem to be stretching reality and defenitions a bit.

Hope this is more nuanced of a reply.

That depends on whether you decide to approach it critically yourself or not. GTPlanet reports info that the team receives and we discuss it in the forums. Personally I prefer my news as raw as it can get, so I can apply my own thinking and viewpoints on the matter.

Nothing of the original statement would have been lost due to followup questions. This news wouldn't have been less raw.
It would have been way more informative. They are in a position where they could ask followup questions. Because of this 'raw' 'news' we don't even have enough info to have an honnest discussion about this. All we do now is discussing how Kaz communicates. We never actually discus the.content in depth as there is no information to do so due to 'raw' news.

So yes I try to approach it critically but I have not been provided with information to accept the claim, and due to how things went in the past I do have reasons to be leaning to the side of refuting the claim. If we where to be given more info we.could make up our minds more properly.

Kaz abuses the fact that he doesn't explain what he claims. And then when we say 'hey you lied about X' then he can always start playing a 'game of semantics'. I can't see how this is not frustrating and I can't sre how people find it ok to still spread that completely immoral way of marketing your product.

Last edited:
Hope this is more nuanced of a reply.
Not really, no.

We've reported that this person said this thing. We noted that it seems curious, given what we know so far, but nevertheless that was what was said.

As you don't like what was said and cannot possibly conceive of a way for it to be true, we're now a personal PR machine for reporting what was said rather than calling them out on what was said. Or because we didn't somehow get to Malaysia and travel back in time to ask follow-up questions. Or something.

It's a piece of information given by a game developer on a game being developed. We have brought that information forward. How accurate it is will be revealed in the fullness of time, because we won't know until the game is here. Anything else is speculation - and potentially defamation. Like accusing a site of taking money to write an article but not presenting it as an advert or advertorial is:
This article is just, well it's no article, it just is advertisement. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Not really, no.

We've reported that this person said this thing. We noted that it seems curious, given what we know so far, but nevertheless that was what was said.

As you don't like what was said and cannot possibly conceive of a way for it to be true, we're now a personal PR machine for not immediately calling them out on what was said. Or because we didn't somehow get to Malaysia and travel back in time to ask follow-up questions. Or something.

It's a piece of information given by a game developer on a game being developed. We have brought that information forward. How accurate it is will be revealed in the fullness of time, because we won't know until the game is here. Anything else is speculation - and potentially defamation.
Fair enough on reporting the news but this is unacceptable.

If online play really is only a small percentage of the game, traditionalists can rest easy, especially with Polyphony Digital confirming there are no plans in place for GT7.

Online 15% *
Single player 5%
Car and manufacturer history lessons 5%
Drawing stickers and car painting 25%
Photo mode 50%

Four years of life wasted waiting.

*includes five real world tracks to cover FIA licence and that Sport in title

Translator-San---lost-in-translation.jpg

GTS = as above.

GT7: there are no plans for GT7 = There are no plans for GT7 until plans are announced.

I think I'll wait! - I'm a traditionalist - I'm resting easy!

Not really, no.

As you don't like what was said and cannot possibly conceive of a way for it to be true, we're now a personal PR machine for reporting what was said rather than calling them out on what was said. Or because we didn't somehow get to Malaysia and travel back in time to ask follow-up questions. Or something.

It's a piece of information given by a game developer on a game being developed. We have brought that information forward. How accurate it is will be revealed in the fullness of time, because we won't know until the game is here. Anything else is speculation - and potentially defamation.

Well said.

GTP is a fan site, it is not a crack team of investigative journalists hell bent on exposing PR as lies.

They do a good job of disseminating information for fans of not only GTS, but all other driving games, and quite a lot else too.

Keep it up, I say.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Not really, no.

Not a personal pr machine. I'm saying you can be used as a pr machine. That's a very big diffrence.

I'm sorry to poiny out but your answer is just as unnuanced as mine is then as you didn't see I apparently didn't realise you guys didn't have an interview with him, you guys are just reporting that he said this in an interview with someone outside of GTplanet. This piece of information does make a huge diffrence. As that would put GTplanet in the same shoes as all the other forumusers. Wondering how much of Kaz's statement is true without the ability to ask a followup question.

If that's how this article came to be then GTplanet had no other choice put out this information as is. If so I finally understand why you put forth this article in the form it is now.

Now when you say I think GTplanet is a pr machine is a strawman (as pointed out above) and when you say it's because I don't like the statement is once more a strawman. Is it fun arguing against position I never took? I considered GTplanet a tool that could be abused by PD for pr (see the first strawman) BECAUSE there was no extra info but the blanket statement assuming you could ask followup questions. (This is where you created strawman2. Not because I don't like the info, it's because of a lack of info. Because with current info Kaz's statement can only be defended as he's most likely not beeing thruthfull but we'll have to wait until release to find out) As explained I now realise that was a faulty assumption from my end and is when I created a strawman. I'll try to ask first next time as I realise arguing against someone who uses strawmans is very frustrating.

Now if what I say about him beeing a liar/ immoral marketing 'agent' is defamation then that's ok. On one condition if I find this statement to be false after buying gt I should be able to get refunded. I bought the game under the idea I'd get a singleplayer game for 85% of it, if that's not true it's false advertisement isn't it? Or are we then going to fall in the semantics game I predicted?

Am I still wrong? I could be, I was before and I can admit it.

Edit2: I realise people using strawmans often only qoute the section they can use as the rest will point out the fallacy. This probably wasn't your intention. But the danger in only qouting parts of the post is enlargened by the fact that you own a position of 'authority' on the forum which gives your posts a sence of thrusthworthyness.

Last edited:
Back