gt1 easter egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
true_kiat
If it doesn't work for anyone, man, that's kind of a rare bug, more than a easter egg.

I agree. It would be a one of a kind bug. Like i said i've read tons of GT material on the web and i woulda remembered this one if i had come across it. Instead, most GT sites go on about how if you buy one car and buy a 2nd one (same make & model) you can share parts between both cars. I've never read anything about linking the final movie to the intro screens.

Related to sharing parts, the weirdest feature of GT1 is probably that if you load a settings file, it changes the colour of your car to the colour you saved the settings file from. Well, there's also the obnoxious feature that if you pay extra for fitted parts on a memory-card trade, but haven't previously purchased them for that model of car, then if you remove them, they cannot be refitted until you repurchase them. I.e. financially it's always best to buy stripped-down cars by memory-card trade, but it may be worth redundantly paying for the parts in order to keep the settings. But if you're not paying redundantly, the parts can be "lost". ("Now I know I had a racing suspension kit for a 240SX lying around here somewhere. Where did it go?") :dunce: :yuck:

This is all for NTSC/US version.

well i didn't know it was the ending video because my friend played the game like 2 years ago.and no, im not that hardcore about gt1 that i know everything from memory about this game.we are still working to get it on again.any1 know if i have to make the other cups to before i can go to gt world cup?

Rogue Ssv
Dude... the forum is in Russian or something... Swahili... Nepali...
And the pic is just of these 2 posts.
I mean, wtf?!
*loads bazooka*

If I were you, I'd just shoot already. you've been loading and cocking the gun for weeks.:crazy:

Ok, then. *Fliying overhead with B52 loaded with Hydrogen Bomb*
B-B-BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

Ignore him, he likes posting for the purpose of posting.

Does Gt1 have 2 special endings or was it gt2?
I can't remember..

Rogue Ssv
I was TOLD to post.

Rogue, one of the qualities that comes with being a member of the human race is free will. You may have been told to post, that did not mean you had to post. Nor did it mean that you had to continue this style of posts, a style that I have already asked you to stop.

Quite simply the end result is that this thread has now in my opinion run its course, and as such will be locked (should anyone obtain video proof of this easter egg PM me and I will unlock it).

Second, Rogue you are now on your (very public) final warning, you have been cut far more slack that I consider reasonable and any further problems will result in an immediate and perminant ban.

Scaff

So back I am with the video.So now you can see it yourself that it isnt the ending video and that you need to move the analog buttons.Happy watching

the video was filmed by fuuz3r and rockrapdude (me) is playing.can you now put it in the wiki?

That WAS the ending movie, the very same ending movie I'd see if I loaded up GT1 right now and completed the GT World championship again or watched in the arcade mode bonus section.

You've just found a way to access it differently.

no it's not, they don't have the credits in them. we can make a new video, to see the comparison. the gt world championship movie was longer and with credits. this one has no credits and is shorter

EDIT : we'll try to make a new video

Well very good, RRD. You got my apologies for all the hassle.👍 But it still doesn't change the fact that you seem to be the only one who's able to do this. Is it possible to doctor a playstation video? Sure it is.

I of course don't have the final say as to if you'll be on wikipedia or not, (if you're not up there already) someone else will have to verify that the video is for real. There are ways to do this i guess.

How many videos do I have to do to prove it?

I don't know how the system works. I know that for lap time verification there is a rather vigorous examination before the time becomes official, but i'm not sure how it works for wikipedia or if the admins here at GTP are satisfied with the vid you posted. Maybe it's a done deal, i'm not sure. :confused:

Well I am not really sure of what easter egg stands for but if it means a weird glitch that is not harmful or somthing then I got just the one. On a lot of the cars I have drove in GT1 I've noticed that you can see the wheels through the hood of the car or in the chaser veiw but it is pretty hard to notice oh and also if your in the chaser veiw and driving you'll see the road lines move under the car when you drive over them its kinda like x-ray vision:eek: . Hey these may not be the most exiting glitches but it is still pretty interesting

well i thought not in wikipedia but in the gtplanet.net wiki.and could you please tell me how i could doctor this video?its a crt television ffs.and with a shaky cam , its pretty hard to doctor it.well we are going to do a comparsion video with the gt world series aftervideo and the easter egg video.and yes we will tell the serial numbers and whatever so you would finally believe us.

First off, sorry for my 6th grade idiocy (for I am Rogue SSV)

Second, Parnelli if he really did doctor it, I'm very impressed that a teenager could do such a good job with it. Editing is a lot harder than it looks.

First off, sorry for my 6th grade idiocy (for I am Rogue SSV)

Second, Parnelli if he really did doctor it, I'm very impressed that a teenager could do such a good job with it. Editing is a lot harder than it looks.

Welcome back Rogue. All i'm saying is i'm not an official on these concerns so someone else will have to get it on wiki, if that's where it belongs. I'm not gonna comment anymore on the video (i promise) :guilty:

Well I am not really sure of what easter egg stands for but if it means a weird glitch that is not harmful or somthing then I got just the one. On a lot of the cars I have drove in GT1 I've noticed that you can see the wheels through the hood of the car or in the chaser veiw but it is pretty hard to notice oh and also if your in the chaser veiw and driving you'll see the road lines move under the car when you drive over them its kinda like x-ray vision:eek: . Hey these may not be the most exiting glitches but it is still pretty interesting

Yes i've seen these glitches many times before! especially on cars that have been lowered.

On a side note: the concept of the "easter egg" started years ago. Remember the Atari 2600? It was one of the first (if not the first) home-gaming consoles. Nowadays, most games have a list of credits that lists the names of the people who made the game (designers, programmers, etc), but back in those Atari 2600 days (late 70's early 80's) the designers of these early games were not allowed to put their name in the game. Why? I'm guessing because Atari didn't want ego problems between their employees? Or perhaps they wanted a bit of mystery associated with their products? Who knows.

The first easter egg appeared in the AT 2600 game "Adventure" i think. Whoever created Adventure managed to put a hidden room in one of the game's castles. In this room was his name and personal credits. The way to get to this room was to find a hidden "dot" that you would carry into the room via a movable bridge. You could only have a certain number of items (sword, bridge, dragons, keys, and magnet) on the screen at once or something like that, otherwise the trick would not work.

Since the dot was small and round, it became known as the "hidden egg" or easter egg. I can remember being a kid playing Adventure for hours and one day finding this dot that seemed to have no purpose! I didn't know about the hidden room and never found it, either, but i did find the mysterious egg.

Whoa I never heard this story before it is ammusing and interesting thanks PB.:) I do not remember the Atari 2700 or whatever it is called I am only 18 in a half but I have always wanted to play the first video game console especialy pong on it though I have played Pac Man on one of those arcade machines a couple times when I was a young lad it was fun:lol:

Whoa I never heard this story before it is ammusing and interesting thanks PB.:) I do not remember the Atari 2700 or whatever it is called I am only 18 in a half but I have always wanted to play the first video game console especialy pong on it though I have played Pac Man on one of those arcade machines a couple times when I was a young lad it was fun:lol:

The 2600 was great. And all the early games had plenty of glitch material and stuff the game designers hid within the game! I think Atari recently re-released their console and called it the "remix" or something. Do an online search (i'm too lazy) and you can find this console.

Adventure should be on e-bay if they haven't re-released it.

The 2600 was great. And all the early games had plenty of glitch material and stuff the game designers hid within the game! I think Atari recently re-released their console and called it the "remix" or something. Do an online search (i'm too lazy) and you can find this console.

Adventure should be on e-bay if they haven't re-released it.

Thank you for the info I'll maybe make a search on that tommara it'll be neat to have an atari but I might be getting Final Fantasy XII soon but whoknows I sure hope so though. I love Final Fantasys they are my first favorite games right next too the Gran Turismo series the both rock my emotional roller coaster.

Folllow this link to read more about Adventure & easter eggs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Adventure

Adventure was published by the console's developer, Atari. It was inspired by a computer text game, Colossal Cave Adventure, created by Will Crowther and later modified by Don Woods. Games similar to Adventure such as dnd had previously been published in 1975 on the PLATO System. Atari had logins to Plato. [citation needed]

Despite discouragement from his boss at Atari who said it could not be done, game designer Warren Robinett created a graphic game loosely based on the text game. Atari's Adventure went on to sell a million copies and is considered by many to be one of the company's finest games.

At the time of the game's creation, Atari did not credit any of its authors for their work, so Robinett included a hidden message in the game identifying himself as the creator, thus creating one of the earliest known Easter eggs in a video game. A young player from Salt Lake City, Utah first discovered the hidden message according to video game historian Steven Kent in the Age of Empires strategy guide.

A sequel to Adventure was announced in early 1982. However, the planned sequel was scrapped. It eventually evolved into the Swordquest series of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back