GT1 Rate-a-car

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 45 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
The rules of this GT1 RAC is same as GT2 RAC.

Let's start!

Toyota Castrol Supra GT (JGTC) : 70/100 (worth the price for a JGTC car)

Next:
Mazda Eunos Cosmo (either type)

Can I?

Mazda Eunos Cosmo: 45/100

Nice little car, but lacks of more colorful paints, one of the slowest cars in game, and it has got big mirrors.

Btw, I reached the 100th post! :D

I don't play, and I haven't in ages but 70/100 in a guess.

Next: Ford GT90.

The Ford GT90 was in GT2, SVX. This here is GT1.

Just the same, I would say 65/100

Next vicitm, err... car: MA70 Toyota Supra

The Ford GT90 was in GT2, SVX. This here is GT1.

Just the same, I would say 65/100

Next vicitm, err... car: MA70 Toyota Supra

I'll take this. Supra Mk. III (i.e. MA70 series)

Pros

1). Looks killer, even with lo-res GT1 graphix. 👍

2). Lots of early racing can be accomplished with few mods. :):):)

3). Stages 1,2,3, and 4 turbos available. Top power rates above 800 horses if I got my fact straight.

4). Cheap! :dopey:

5). Great car for experienced drivers (as power gets raised) :D

6). Two different models (single and twin-turbo) 👍👍

CONS

1). Fishtaily mess, especially once power gets above Stage 1. Can't handle its own power eventually. Too bad we can't equip a limited-slip in GT1 like we can in GT2.

2). Poor car for beginners (and many beginners probly want to just get in an old Supra since it's inexpensive and cool-looking).

3). Somewhat heavy. :indiff:

4). Difficult to launch...average acceleration runs. :crazy:

5). Turbo lag with more and more upgrades! :ill:

6). Difficult to trail-brake into corners from high speed. :banghead::ouch:

7). A tuner's project, and some folks aren't so good at tuning. :indiff:

Overall: 68/100

Next car: Mitubishi FTO (any model)

Last edited:
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car: 90/100

One of the fastest cars in the game, and one of the best looking in my opinion. Handles great, but not as easy to drive as a GT-R (which is a good thing). The rotary also makes a great sound. Better than the A-Spec LM too. It isn't as special as the GTO LM (7 gears!) or as maniacal as the NSX LM though, so it doesn't get a higher score.

Next Car: Camaro Z28 (25th Anniversary)

Next: Mazda Miata MX-5 (Eunos Roadster) (any type)

PROS

1). Very fun!

2). Can get up on 2 wheels under hard cornering. Why can't we do this in later GTs? :mad:

3). Lightweight from the get-go.

4). Perfect combo between grippiness and sliding (although GT isn't anywhere near-realistic here).

5). Sounds like a Miata.

6). Almost zero understeer.

7). Nice price. Used and new models available.

CONS

1). Lowish torque.

2). Lowish horsepower, even with full upgrades. According to Pupik's website max power ranges from 194 to 233 at max, depending on year and model.

http://www.formulanone.org/gt1/cars

3). Can't tackle anything past the Clubman, Lightweight and FR Challenges, unless you're really good or have a LameShark.

4). Can't think of anything else. :indiff:

Summary: really excellent car for what it's designed to do in the game: tackle low-powered races with lots of fun in the process. 80/100

Next: Chevy Camaro Z/28 30th anniversary model

Last edited:
The GT-R LM is an aggressive racer, and has a better traction level than other FR cars.

Next ride, Subaru Impreza Rally Car.

P.S. for the people who dislike the SVX can just kiss m- (screen immediately turns blank like in The Sopranos.)

Impreza WRC? Give it a 70/100 for a 4WD drift mad and great body style. Slap on this at Trial Mountain and feel a tarmac rally experince. 30 points off due lack of proper rally stage that is needed for this car.

How about the Spoon Civic Type-R (Lightweight prize) ?

All I can say about this, is that is has great handling and makes an awesome appealing tuner.

Next Car: Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray '67

Last edited:
^50/100 (great drifting classic, but fate as a aracde only car lead to lowish score.:grumpy:)

Try to rate the Mazda Roadster RS (NB-gen Miata in Arcade)

Love this car! The most powerful stock car. V10 sounds brilliant. Everything sounds good, but... Viper is too heavy.
90/100

Next: Skyline R32 GT-R Vspec II

Oooh, so many Skylines, so little time. I am frankly just not a fan because there are so many and they blur together, especially since there are so few in the USA. Much sexier in person I think. Was this one AWD or RWD? Anyway, they can be modded to a ton of power and handle pretty well. I don't remember any racing livery being to striking. I rate 50/100.

Next: Camaro 30th Anniversary Edition.

Camaro gets a 69/100. Too heavy, not too much power, not worth the time. Many cars with similair power are exceptionally better, including, but not limited to, the Corvettes. Not good enough to get 70.

Next car: Toyota Supra MA70

80/100

Handles a bit like a barge, and it's a bit heavy, but it can be remedied by weight reduction. A brilliant car to start out with, and a very fierce contender in the right hands.

Next Car: TVR Griffith 4.0

80/100

Handles a bit like a barge, and it's a bit heavy, but it can be remedied by weight reduction. A brilliant car to start out with, and a very fierce contender in the right hands.

Next Car: TVR Griffith 4.0

Found it fun to drive in those few license tests. But, a bit hard to keep the traction around the corners. Plus, it is classy.
84/100

Dodge Viper RT/10

^74/100. Altough it a clumsy American roadster, it's a good preformer in it's own right. Plus the GT1 exclusive blue/white color makes the car neat-looking.

Next: Demio A-Spec

Last edited:
Back