GT3 Drift Guide now online

• Thread starter CudaMan
  • 299 comments
i tihink that the skyline gtr-34 vspec II is a very fun car to drift in. once you get the drift down, you almost dont even need to use countersteering and most of the time you are on the throttle fully. but thats just me. took me a while of experimentation to get the setting i like for my r34 and i can drift in it great.

Originally posted by Thio
cudaman has been an inspiration for most of the modern drifters

wish he could stop by once in a while ^^
I drop in from time to time. :) Been pretty busy lately.

Originally posted by 2fast2furious
can CudaMan Drift FF?
In Gran Dorifto 2, the white car in the beginning few clips is an Integra Type R. :)

I see you guys had a drift competition recently. Veddy intedestink. :D

I haven't started on my next video yet, but I have a lot of footage waiting to be put together. I'll just say that what I'm doing now blows away the stuff in my first two videos. :)

Originally posted by Impreza STi
Hello, me new here. I am learning to drift better in GT3 just by trying to read all ... lost count ... number of posts.

BTW I find myself getting into 4-wheel-sideways drift problems with 4WDs, esp. the R34 V-Spec 2. You turn, you punch gas, car goes sideways, you counter, car goes sideways... sideways... into grass... hits wall...

LOL I need to work on my skilz!

The key thing for that car is to get it sideways before the corner so that you can hold the drift long enough to last until you clear the corner. I don't know what your settings are, but it seems like that when you punch the gas, the car doesn't oversteer right away. I tried anyways ... :D Try to drift in a R34 because there's something suspicious about the R32 for some odd reason :odd:

I can drift it, the only problem is is that the car doesn't oversteer right away like the R34.

Your name is an oxymoron I'm afraid. Drifting in real life is an art that's perfected over years apon years of learning it. Unlike in a video game, you have to take everything inside and outside of the car into effect when drifting. And it's very possible to kill yourself trying. If you really want to learn to drift, rent out some time in a practice circuit or find a huge GIGANTIC open empty parking lot and start practicing the basics.

Originally posted by RotaryPower
that is soo very true. somthing i just discovered today while playing and getting my R32 to drift.wut about the R33? havent tested it out yet.

The R33 has the same characteristic as the R32. It's harder to oversteer due to it's 4WD drivetrain, but if you can feint drift it enough, then the car will drift. I can upload a clip of my R32 for you if you want. It's on the first two turns on Midfield. It look me 12 laps just to get used to the car.

maybe its the settings your using. i realized that the settings on this page are all personal. for example, my settings mite not suit your style. if your r32 is someone elses settings change em. it's usually LSD, brakes and HP for me.

I configured my own settings on the R32. How does the car react when you try to drift it? Was there too much understeer?

Originally posted by CudaMan
I drop in from time to time. :) Been pretty busy lately.

In Gran Dorifto 2, the white car in the beginning few clips is an Integra Type R. :)

I see you guys had a drift competition recently. Veddy intedestink. :D

I haven't started on my next video yet, but I have a lot of footage waiting to be put together. I'll just say that what I'm doing now blows away the stuff in my first two videos. :)

lol just watch as Cuda man drifts while in a wheelie on one tire :eek:
and then watch him drift the whole test course turn....with a STOCK MINI COOPER!!!!:odd: :D

I still haven't figured out any decent settings for my r32 gtr.. It corners like a Ice Cream truck and nothing I've tried has been able to fix that. :(

oh..you were talking about the R32 type M, I mean the R32 GTR, 4wd. I have some decent type M settings, but I like the look of the GTR better.:)

It's not hard to drift a stock 32 even... it's all about technique with the heavier cars. When it comes to lightweight low power cars it takes a bit of thinking.

If someone wants to post my settings in the GT3 database, then go ahead. I don't have the time to do it, and if I did, then something else would happen. Here's your treasure ;):

Tools:
Full Customizable Suspension
Sport Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Muffler
Sports Computer
Port Polish
Full Engine Balancing
Displacement Up
Stage 3 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Full Racing Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Full-Customize LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Simulation Tires
VCD Controller
Stage One Reduction

Specs:
649 hp
78.0lb./ft.
1395kg
Power -2- Weight: 2.149
Torque -2- Weight: 0.183

If you don't have enough money to afford all of those, then make sure the car is close enough to the power/torque -2- weight ratio =)

Settings:
R23.1.jpg

R23.2.jpg

R23.3.jpg

R23.4.jpg

Back