GT3 Drift Guide now online

• Thread starter CudaMan
  • 299 comments
Hey guys, been reading all your posts (wich have been helpfull), this is my first.

I never even thought of drifting on GT3 till now, but now i'm hooked! I just started today, I can really only drift in 4wd cars right now, all the Skylines with max HP are easiest for me, I can do decent in a Supra with around 650hp. I usually use a combination of 3 drift styles, I usually start off by braking into a corner, then feint, then tap the e-brake to get totally sideways then counter steer and ride it out.

On the super speed way, I can drift both corners all the way through, and on the long corner I tend to start going backwards halfway through, then pull it back around and the end.

That guide at the beginning of the thread was really helpfull, thanks!

You guys have any tips for FR cars, besides seat time? I always have trouble with those.

lol, i pulled off both corners of super speedway in my ZZII :D i hope i can do it with my other cars. what are yur settings on yur supra and skyline?

I doubt my setting are the best for drifting, I haven't really "tuned" them, i just set them to what I thought would work, then learned on those.

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34)

S/R-Front: 7.8
S/R-Rear: 9.7

R/H-Front: 89mm
R/H-Rear: 89mm

Shock Bound-Front: 5
Shock Bound-Rear: 7

Shock Rebound-Front: 5
Shock Rebound-Rear: 7

Camber-Front: 3.7
Camber-Rear: 2.3

Toe-Front: -0.5
Toe-Rear: 1.5

Stab-Front: 5
Stab-Rear: 5

Brakes-Front: 24
Brakes-Rear: 24

LSD Initial Torque-Front: 40
LSD Initial Torque-Rear: 40

LSD Accel-Front: 38
LSD Accel-Rear: 38

LSD Decel-Front: 18
LSD Decel-Rear: 18

Gear Ratios: Set to auto-34

DownForce: 0

ASM: 0

TCS: 0

VCD: 50%

Toyota Supra RZ

S/R-Front: 7.2
S/R-Rear: 8.9

R/H-Front: 90mm
R/H-Rear: 90mm

Shock Bound-Front: 7
Shock Bound-Rear: 7

Shock Rebound-Front: 7
Shock Rebound-Rear: 7

Camber-Front: 3.1
Camber-Rear: 2.7

Toe-Front: -0.5
Toe-Rear: 1.0

Stab-Front: 5
Stab-Rear: 7

Brakes-Front: 24
Brakes-Rear: 24

LSD Initial Torque-Front: 44
LSD Initial Torque-Rear: 44

LSD Accel-Front: 40
LSD Accel-Rear: 40

LSD Decel-Front: 21
LSD Decel-Rear: 21

Gear Ratios: Set to auto-32

ASM: 0

TCS: 0

I can drift good on any corner in my skylines, but I still have lots of trouble with FR cars. :irked: :banghead:

I have my skyline fully tuned, like 1006hp or something, I dont know what turbo I use for my Supra, I'll check later, and yes that is the setup I use for drifting the super speedway.

Originally posted by Thio
wow, i wonder how much time it took yu to adjust those settings, :woah:

hahaha, I didn't ever ajust them, I set them to what I thought would work, and have kept them that way ever since, I just learned on those setting, they work for me.

that's cool. probably in my next video, i'll drift the skyline on Super Speedway ^^ or i can do something else extreme

You don't have to hold onto the brake to drift. First of all, you want to make sure that the rear end is sliding [when you see smoke coming from the tires]. When that happens, then you have to hold the car in that position in order to drift a corner by balancing between the throttle and the countersteer.

I hope this helps :)

The left corner is comming up, I am down on the inside of the track, depending on how fast the corner is, I brake as I turn right (yes, turn right, before the corner) to unload the wieght on the back springs, then I turn the car back to the left right before the corner to get the ass-end around. If I'm in my Skyline, I just go full throttle and counter steer acordingly(sp) to keep the car on the track.

I hope I explained that good enough. :nervous:

Start with a light low powered car. This will give you the feel of drifting without spinning out all the time. Then move up to more powerful and heavier cars. Then when you think you've mastered drifting take the same steps on SS Rt. 5 (Wet). ;)

Does anyone do nohanders? I mean drift without your hands. Just initiate with some steering, then a zero countersteer drift. It sounds easy, but try exiting the corner without countersteering, needs some precise throttle control and correct entry angles.

Originally posted by Thio
*cough* Skyline on Tokyo R246 *cough*
*cough* Check out my thread in my sig *cough* :P

Looks really nice, cept you exit at a too high angle and there's no way you could make the car point to the right direction without countersteering when exiting the corner.... pretty good though, but like i said, exiting the corner without counter steer is the hard part.

can CudaMan Drift FF? i know how to drift every car(FR,MR,4WD,FF) i learned FR and MR first, and then 4WD and then FF last...I love IntegType R ahah Drifting an Acura CL Type-S looked cool in the replay

Hey how may of you are already drivers and already have your cars? im just 13 and i love drifting in GT3............ i hate it when i see my older bro and sis going out with thier friends all having their cars and stuf...........makes me mad and then sad i bet MOST OF YOU ALREDDY DRIVE AND HAVE CARS!!!!!!!!:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(

Originally posted by huZba
Looks really nice, cept you exit at a too high angle and there's no way you could make the car point to the right direction without countersteering when exiting the corner.... pretty good though, but like i said, exiting the corner without counter steer is the hard part.

In the end, I just let go of the gas and let the car roll. Then, I punched the reverse, did a 360 and pulled the car back to go forward to the next corner :D

i've noticed that SIM tires and a medium HP range give a nice showy drift car and MEDIUM SOFT - SUPER SOFT and a high HP range gives showy and short drift cars... could be a personal thing cuz i use the Logitech wheel+pedal ... but mad props to Cudaman ... :cheers:

if you really wanna drift, invest in a GT Force wheel (logitech), the pedals and wheel help with sensitivity. i can be in a drift and be on the pedal half way or so and i can keep the wheel at aboot 45 degrees ... the shifting is pretty nice too ... with certain cars, i downshift to 3rd and have the pedal down half way... you can't really do it with teh little X button ... i also don't like the tit analog thing ...

Hello, me new here. I am learning to drift better in GT3 just by trying to read all ... lost count ... number of posts.

BTW I find myself getting into 4-wheel-sideways drift problems with 4WDs, esp. the R34 V-Spec 2. You turn, you punch gas, car goes sideways, you counter, car goes sideways... sideways... into grass... hits wall...

LOL I need to work on my skilz!

Back