GT4 available in Tescos - uk already???

  • Thread starter Thread starter ferret-turbo
  • 159 comments
  • 9,078 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon's no problem. If it doesn't arrive or even if you are not sure, buy it in a shop and send the Amazon copy straight back for a full refund incl postage (7 day rule). If amazon ship late and gets loads of copies back it will teach them a lesson.

Steven
 
if anyone finds a copy in york (UK) let me know, there are competition rules saying that if one store starts selling a product early then other local competitors can also start selling to nullify any advantage, perhaps this si what happened?
 
may be getting it delivered tomoro,


And i quote "Below are the details of your order including dispatch charges and any discounts you may have received. If your order has not yet been dispatched, then our best estimate of a dispatch date is displayed against the item. You can view a description of any of your ordered items by clicking on that item.

Account: .........
Sales Order: ..............
Status: Complete
Completion Date: 07/03/2005


Item Details


Description Status Despatch Date Qnty Value
Gran Turismo 4 (GT4) Complete 07/03/2005 1 £29.99

Sub Tot: £29.99
Delivery: £0.99
Total £30.98


Delivery Details


Name: ....... Address:....

Postcode : ....
(1st Class Padded Envelope)"

Come on Royal Mail!!!!!
 
GT_Fan2005
meh, same here, do you know if either game or gamestation are stocking it on wednsday or friday?? :confused:


i didnt pre order :dunce:

As I said, I have that problem and sotution too, only I have put an advertising on Marktplaats.nl a month ago, and suddenly:) there beginning to get attention, and some offers thrue e-mail have already been taken care off:D Just post them on a normal site that is for your own country (... .nl means netherlands, that's for me:))
I don't think they would offer much for used games, when trying to sell it to a shop that knows EVERYTHING about games, quality, and how to get the game with the most cheap price you can imagine:tdown: Try to advertise to people that don't really know this stuff and only play games for a hobby:tup: That REALLY brings the prize up. I went to a so-called "gamestation" today and they would only give me 13,- euro for Pandora Tommorow and MOH Frontline, and for MOH, I can sell it already to someone giving 11,- for ONE game instead of 2 for 13,-!!!
 
just been round 2 Tescos, blockbuster and Adsa....no sign of it.
 
G-T-4-Fan
As I said, I have that problem and sotution too, only I have put an advertising on Marktplaats.nl a month ago, and suddenly:) there beginning to get attention, and some offers thrue e-mail have already been taken care off:D Just post them on a normal site that is for your own country (... .nl means netherlands, that's for me:))
I don't think they would offer much for used games, when trying to sell it to a shop that knows EVERYTHING about games, quality, and how to get the game with the most cheap price you can imagine:tdown: Try to advertise to people that don't really know this stuff and only play games for a hobby:tup: That REALLY brings the prize up. I went to a so-called "gamestation" today and they would only give me 13,- euro for Pandora Tommorow and MOH Frontline, and for MOH, I can sell it already to someone giving 11,- for ONE game instead of 2 for 13,-!!!

that not a bad idea actually 👍

having said that, i got 36 for cmr2005 in gamestation last week, should have saved it for GT4 though :dunce:
 
Well, tomorrow morning I'm going to ring all the Tesco places around Bromley/Catford/Penge area and see If any have the game.

I'll post results of what I find out and will HOPEFULLY return with a copy :)

If none have it, I'll try the one near Ruxley Manor, if no joy then.. well, I'll go mad and try to get a copy.
 
G-T-4-Fan
Hehe just kidding, no soccerfan apparently:sly: Anyways I've got it at "replay" in Eindhoven, if that's what you mean, I'd like to know where YOU saw it too??


I didn't see it, that's the problem. I asked when it'd be out and they said hopefully wednesday. :indiff:
 
meh, same here, do you know if either game or gamestation are stocking it on wednsday or friday??


i didnt pre order

Well, my mate worked in Gamestation a while ago for Work experience, sometimes they sell the game after 6pm on the day before its released, 've emailed them asking if they'll be doing it for GT4.
They sold Driv3r 2 days early, shame it wasn't that good.
 
Drat, sold out at tesco extra whitstable, so they say on the phone anyway. I think they're just looking at the shelves and not in their stock personally. Tried tesco faversham, no games in stock.:grumpy: It seems everyone else is receiving phonecalls from game, why are they ignoring me? Stupid b*#^(*&**#@%^&
 
Does anyone know what i am supposed to do if i preordered in game and lost the reciept? I hope they remembered my game account!!!
 
jreay21
Does anyone know what i am supposed to do if i preordered in game and lost the reciept? I hope they remembered my game account!!!

Well, I went to Game yesterday and pre-ordered, I didn't have to pay anything, and they just made me fill out a card with my name/address/phone number on it.

If you go down to Game and explain that you don't have the reciept, but give them a name and some ID, I'm sure they'd be able to sort something out for you :)
 
smellysocks12
I didn't see it, that's the problem. I asked when it'd be out and they said hopefully wednesday. :indiff:

oooOOOOWWW, I thought you HAD seen it, ow now I understand, kind'o mis-understood you I think. That kinda sucks for you, I can imagine Replay saying tommorow
We have never sold the game:dunce: The release is on wendsday and not earlier
It won't happen I know, but I can imagine the pain YOUR going thrue right now:indiff:
 
my gf works at the new tesco extra in stockport it isnt in there till wednesday.ive pre ordered mine from game in stockport they phoned me today to tell me they have it there for me.they said there store is opening at midnight tues/wed morning for 1 maybe 2 hours depending on how many people come for there game so people can pick there copies up then woooohoooooooooooooooooooo i will be there for mine i dont know how i will get up on wednesday for work unless i stay up and do a all nighter :) . they also said they have ordered a few extra copies in cos ive got to pick my bro in law a copy up.so anybody thats been stupid enough not to preorder get there quick before they sell out.if anyone else is going to pick there copy up at midnight tomorrow see you there save me a parking space and a place in the queue lol :)
 
Fragmatic
Well, I went to Game yesterday and pre-ordered, I didn't have to pay anything, and they just made me fill out a card with my name/address/phone number on it.

If you go down to Game and explain that you don't have the reciept, but give them a name and some ID, I'm sure they'd be able to sort something out for you :)

(sigh) Relief! I was worried i wasn't going to get my precious gt4!:)
 
jreay21
(sigh) Relief! I was worried i wasn't going to get my precious gt4!:)

You won't get anywhere if you worry.

I just gotta find a cheap way to mount my wheel, the lap thing is useless.
 
I had to put up with some guy telling me it was already for sale in WHsmith and ASDA. I turned round and told him it is probably just pre-orders. He was addament he was right.

Perhaps he was :(
 
I've known Tesco have been selling it since Friday, its really been bugging me not being able to get it while some people can - Why can people stick to release dates.
Only 25 Hrs to go though :) Well, most people will be picking it up after work or school so about 40odd there :indiff:
 
I called loads of Tesco's and Asda's and none of them would sell! I even tried playing them off each other saying "but asda are selling it, just thought I'd try you as you are closer" but no luck!

I have the Japanese version, but I wanted to get started on my lisences!
 
GeeUK
I called loads of Tesco's and Asda's and none of them would sell! I even tried playing them off each other saying "but asda are selling it, just thought I'd try you as you are closer" but no luck!

I have the Japanese version, but I wanted to get started on my lisences!

My nearest Tesco's in plymouth didnt have any, im just going to hope amazon tells me it went out in the morning my experience with them hasnt been too bad they got half-life 2 to me on release
 
yuss! got email from gameplay at last :dopey:
We will dispatch Gran Turismo 4 (GT4) to reach you in time for the release date. This is to ensure release dates are not broken. Expect this package on 09/03/2005.
wrong! i paid for next day delivery so that should be tomorrow, i hope :nervous:
 
after bothering to even create this thread it appears I have no money in the bank lol
they better not be sold out by the time I have the cash !
 
stumpydino
yuss! got email from gameplay at last :dopey:

wrong! i paid for next day delivery so that should be tomorrow, i hope :nervous:

I did the same thing paid extra for delivery, surely this is some kind of scam unless are games come tomorrow?
 
If you used Gameplay yes you will have it tomorrow unless Royal Mail stuff it up, I have ordered games many times on next day delivery and had that message but got it the day before release, however this time I went first class so I should get it Wednesday, but im in no hurry though as I have to wait upto 10 days for my gamepod and DFP, I dont wanna start the licenses or anything till I get it.
 
akak
My nearest Tesco's in plymouth didnt have any, im just going to hope amazon tells me it went out in the morning my experience with them hasnt been too bad they got half-life 2 to me on release

You bought the retail version of HL2? Ouch, much better if you get it through steam :)

I think I found something cheap to hold my wheel too...a folding table!
 
What's better about getting it through steam?? If I buy a game I want a cover + the medium on which the game is printed. I bought it retail as well, it's ridiculous that they still charge you 50 or 60 bucks while the only extra costs are from the bandwidth you use downloading it. Buying from steam means more money in Valve's pocket, and no game in your hands.
 
smellysocks12
What's better about getting it through steam?? If I buy a game I want a cover + the medium on which the game is printed. I bought it retail as well, it's ridiculous that they still charge you 50 or 60 bucks while the only extra costs are from the bandwidth you use downloading it. Buying from steam means more money in Valve's pocket, and no game in your hands.

Big amen to that!
 
smellysocks12
What's better about getting it through steam?? If I buy a game I want a cover + the medium on which the game is printed. I bought it retail as well, it's ridiculous that they still charge you 50 or 60 bucks while the only extra costs are from the bandwidth you use downloading it. Buying from steam means more money in Valve's pocket, and no game in your hands.

You don't have to put the CD in the drive every time you want to play :yuck:

You can also upgrade packages as you go, so if you want to play Day of Defeat Source, you can easily upgrade for a small fee instead of buying it.

There's also a backup function in steam, so you can stick the games on a CD or DVD, and there are plenty of player made covers, or if you're feeling artistic, you can easily make one.

As for your pricing woes, $59.95 (USD) on steam will get you the silver package, which includes -

▪ Half-Life 2
▪ Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
▪ Counter-Strike: Source
▪ Half-Life 1: Source
▪ Day of Defeat™:Source*
▪ PLUS: Valve's back catalog available on Steam! (Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Deleted Scenes, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, Opposing Force, Ricochet)

As long as you're not on 56k, download speeds not a major problem, and as for all the people who say that they hate steam/it sucks, it's actually a very good program and distribution service, although the valve community (being little munchkins mainly) will whine and complain about anything. If you think it's bad now, you should be shot. The beta, on the other hand, was absolutely terrible.

Anyway, better keep this back on topic.

Edit - Woah, I sound like an advertisement.
As for the "more money in Valve's pocket" comment, sure it's the same price, and you'd be skipping the publisher (VUgames), who tried to put valve out of business.
 
Fragmatic
You don't have to put the CD in the drive every time you want to play :yuck:

I don't have to either. As a matter of fact, I just got done playing CS: Source and the dvd is in its cover for months already.




By the way the prices of DoD: Source aren't known yet as far as I know. Maybe they'll give you a $5 discount. And also now I can still choose to buy DoD through steam, which I won't buy, because the screenshots I saw didn't look too good (and I didn't like Call of Duty for that long either in mp).




And another thing about Steam, if it's so good then why doesn't the messenger / friends function work? Even previous games I played, C&C Generals, Soldier of Fortune 2 allowed you to search for friends and talk to them... in steam that doesn't work. I tried to get it to work until someone told me that it doesn't work for anyone. :grumpy: 👎
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back