GT4 demo hands-on pics *56k warning*

  • Thread starter Thread starter LegacySTI
  • 156 comments
  • 15,082 views
80" inch projection's not a big deal. You can buy a good projector about the size of a breadbasket for about $250, then improvise with the screen...
 
Giancarlo
80" inch projection's not a big deal. You can buy a good projector about the size of a breadbasket for about $250, then improvise with the screen...


Give Me the name of the store, where its at...because if this is true..WOW!! im getting one.
 
un_peacekeeper
dude...lol, benq, pathetic.

I just installed a dreamweaver DLP projector at a customers house that carries a price tag of over 25000$ CDN.

I was so scared that I would drop it. :crazy:
 
gt4nurburing.JPG


GT4photomode.JPG
 
pretty bad quality, dont use so much JPG compression and turn up the brightness ;)

something like this:

full.jpg
 
fruitcake
pretty bad quality, dont use so much JPG compression and turn up the brightness ;)

It's my mpeg1 capture device that is bad. sorry about that.
 
I was wondering... is the 'Ring really that narrow? It looks like it would be really hard to pass someone who didnt want to let you pass. They could just get right in the middle and you'd be screwed. I saw the new Top Gear episode where Jeremy goes around the 'Ring and it didnt look as narrow as it does in the shots of GT4.
 
deadmoney
Can you use BOTH analog sticks in the demo?

In the Japan Prologue demo you could only use the buttons for gas

Yes, you can ( this was changed for the PAL release of Prologue )
 
I take it this demo, or GT4 wont have skidmarks??

doesnt anyone else think GT is lacking in that dept.? I know its only a small touch but it would certainly make it feel more real ! as you stamp on the brakes forgetting a corner maybe, only to see your mistake the next lap and remember :D unless its just too much for the old PS2..

would be great to see though.
 
Zoo
I was wondering... is the 'Ring really that narrow? It looks like it would be really hard to pass someone who didnt want to let you pass. They could just get right in the middle and you'd be screwed. I saw the new Top Gear episode where Jeremy goes around the 'Ring and it didnt look as narrow as it does in the shots of GT4.

That would depend on the angle or the camera used. But yeah, to the best of my knowledge, Nordschleife is actually that narrow in a lot of parts of it.
 
I´ll try to get my hands on this demo since the full game is only coming next year. Thanks for the info and the pics.
 
Regarding the narrowness.. it's due to his capture device and the way it captures.. both the RX-8 and the Falken Skyline are very thin and very high... this is the easy way to tell that the aspect ratio is screwed and thus that's why the nur track seemed narrow above.. although it is quite narrow in parts it's 2cars wide pretty much all the way around.
 
Symtex, did you change the display to 4:3 in the demo options? It's set to 16:9 by default so you need to change that for proper aspect ratio :)
 
spooony
Symtex, did you change the display to 4:3 in the demo options? It's set to 16:9 by default so you need to change that for proper aspect ratio :)

I forgot that my hdtv is 16:9. I will change it back to 4:3 and get some new grab.
 
I got one that is beautiful. Even I have to admit that replay one is wonderfull

user125_img404.jpg
 
Welcome to GTPlanet Symtex :)

btw i'll post some pics tomorrow to enter the best pic competition :p
 

A little something I just whipped up, i'm quite pleased with the quality that I managed to capture it with. Usually my TV card looks crappay although it's mainly with moving stuff.
 
Can someone get to what we really want to hear - a list of all the cars in the demo?
 
There are 5 selectable cars.
R34 Nurburgring racecar
R34 GT-R M-Spec nur
RX8 S
RX7 FC
MR2 AW11

And yes there are various Ai cars you can't drive.
 
What's your opinion of the visuals and physics race?
 
The physics are challenging, with the R34 Racer when your traveling at high speeds 150mph+ and you start braking it now seriously unsettles the car. I've had several 'If it was in real life i'd be dead' incidents at the ring in that car. I'd like to be able to drive without the tcs on all the time before I make any major judgements though. The graphics are to be honest a little dissapointing, i'm sure the 1 series demo graphics look better in terms of aa and trial mountain looks unfinished still.

 
Someone is having fun with Photomode. :)
 
Yup! I thought i'd not bother with it but it's actually quite a decent distraction.

 
BigErn
I take it this demo, or GT4 wont have skidmarks??

doesnt anyone else think GT is lacking in that dept.? I know its only a small touch but it would certainly make it feel more real ! as you stamp on the brakes forgetting a corner maybe, only to see your mistake the next lap and remember :D unless its just too much for the old PS2..

would be great to see though.

NFSU2 for ps2 leaves marks so it's not PS2's fault
 
Great News...cant wait to play it

Well, the first world record i will try to get is the Nordschleife one. My prefered track(in the game) by far. :D
 
Back