GT4 demo hands-on pics *56k warning*

  • Thread starter Thread starter LegacySTI
  • 156 comments
  • 15,080 views
Zer0
Yes, it´s a fake:

GT4.Fe..jpg


Original image:
gran_turismo_concept_lr_16.jpg


More fakes from the same author:
6GT4.jpg


1418.jpg


Lol the rain in the last pic looks so real in my opinion to bad its a fake 👎
 
Jedi2016
I think key is driving it (Nürburgring)correctly, rather than driving it fast. Learn the track, learn the corners, learn the tricky spots. Then take a fast car out there, and you'll win every time. :)

I'm doing that now by watching the BMW demo over & over & over & over & over again...and by the time the game actually does come out, I'm sure I'll be able to add a few more '& over & over's' to that list! :)
 
Jedi2016
Well, there's still that one screencap showing backfire. And the demo is also missing the motion blur in replays that was clearly visible in all of the videos they released (including in-game B-Spec). It's quite possible that the demo is simply missing a few of the "embellishing" graphical tweaks.
I agree. The demo is dated all the way back to September 20, before TGS even. So the demo is definetly not what the real product will be like. And Cano said, in October I believe, that he played a demo at a game show that included backfire. Therefore, I think there are many little things that are in the game but not in the demo.
 
The rain pic is very nice :) Anyone notice how the rain pic is flipped? Look at the words on the cars, barriers, building :p
 
spooony
The rain pic is very nice :) Anyone notice how the rain pic is flipped? Look at the words on the cars, barriers, building :p

yea i noticed the NISSAN and the MINI...backwards.
 
Here's the originals to the bottom two images.
 

Attachments

  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 187.jpg
    187.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 67
Seeing those, the end result is just laughable. I might even try to make some fake images when I have the time, just to show you that there's fake-fake, and realistic-fake
 
Dev_Zero
As someone who works with Photoshop I can say he isn't good at all. The images look VERY fake.


His images look fake cause he is using cars from a game. But under the circumstances he seems good to me.
 
ALPHA
Here's the originals to the bottom two images.
In the second image on Tsukuba, what is the last car?? It is white with a red stripe and circular headlights. What is it??
 
spawn9999999
In the second image on Tsukuba, what is the last car?? It is white with a red stripe and circular headlights. What is it??
A 2001 Nissan GRAN TURISMO GT-R Vspec(R34).

b018_jpg.jpg


106_jpg.jpg
 
So what happened to those videos we were promised?
 
This question is starting to make my blood boil!:irked: But I will keep calm...... Yes I will :sick:

No, no one has yet removed the time limit. :cool:
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1334199&postcount=136

Not to bring up another thread, but this is kind of what you can do if Paint Shop is implemented in GT4. While not wholly original, you can at least experiement.

I know many of us cannot wait for this game (myself included), but I'm pretty sure this game will kick as much butt as this demo is. Those pictures from the last page that are fakes, that's a pretty damn good way to fake GT4. But when GT4 comes out, remember. GT4 will be the real deal, but there will perhaps be MANY pretenders. Why pretend when you can have the real deal next year? Hey, I'll wait longer. I'm in no rush to get GT4. Just want to get the game when it's released so it can own me for the rest of my fading youth.

By the way, I know I'm not really fond of Autumn Ring (except the Mini course), but I'd love to see Autumn Ring in GT3 rather than in concept. Racing a nice track on a beautiful day would be lovely for GT3. But, gotta port GT Concept. Okay, I'm done here.
 
franz
the rain pic does look good
the letters are very noticable ... try to look at the reflection of 350z
it reminds me the latest GT Auto pics
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/ps2/2004/gt4/02/05.html
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/ps2/2004/gt4/02/06.html
wondering if these pic are fake too
maybe that time PD haven't finished the reflection part
and they want to release the sneak preview of GT Auto
so faking it? hope they really did

wow, nice, and the prices but be japanease, lol, 5000 yen for car wash.
 
franz
the rain pic does look good
the letters are very noticable ... try to look at the reflection of 350z
it reminds me the latest GT Auto pics
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/ps2/2004/gt4/02/05.html
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/ps2/2004/gt4/02/06.html
wondering if these pic are fake too
maybe that time PD haven't finished the reflection part
and they want to release the sneak preview of GT Auto
so faking it? hope they really did
i'd say they're definitely conceptual... in the first one, it says on the top you're in a red 350Z when it's clearly a BMW in the screen. And on the second one, the car is right, but the colour bar says red, and the car in the shot is silver. But i wouldn't be surprised if the end result looks strikeingly similar.

Also the caption on the left say Feel the excitement... yadayadayda it gives the impression these screens were for promo purposes and are not game final.

Nice find though! Hoping it does look like this in the final GT.
 
Dev_Zero
As someone who works with Photoshop I can say he isn't good at all. The images look VERY fake.


nah...they still look great.
 
fake but sometimes u really wish they aren't fake and actually in the game...
 
I would've thought the blue surrounding the building on the right was a dead giveaway...
 
I could also laugh at such an argument ;).
 
Not to bring up another topic, but when I played TOCA Race Driver 2, I found that a lot of features were pretty sensational. The only fallacy was the rather dull-looking rain drops that fell in a wet race. While you can race more than 6 cars to a track, you can still have many cars fight it out in the rain (up to 24 I think). While the rain looked dull, the effects were pretty good. I think if you're not really good with quality rain effects, follow Rockstar Games with the animated rain drops in GTA3 and GTA: Vice City. The drops weren't perfect, but that's why Merriam Webster has the word "improvise" in the dictionary. Look it up, and I'm sure Polyphony Digital will make their own rain drops as visually stunning as the PS2 can provide. Before we have another "screw the PS2" flame battle, what I mean is that PD can try to make the most of the PS2's power to generate some wonderful-enough rain effects. And who knows? ANY track in GT4 (except for drag races) can perhaps be done in the rain. Dynamic weather will have to be considered and executed pretty efficientely.

But with that fake rain picture, we may see something like that in a future GT. And if we don't see it, maybe our grandchildren will in the future when the PS13 comes out (exaggeration).
 
Back