GT4 demo hands-on pics *56k warning*

  • Thread starter Thread starter LegacySTI
  • 156 comments
  • 15,086 views
I finished downloading it and I couldn't get it to work. any Idea how to burn this copy.
 
Enjoyed the good old turkey, cornbread dressing, rolls, and cranberry sauce, GTPlanet? Hope you all had a great holiday for all who celebrate Thanksgiving.

That's some pretty rich detail with that Falken Skyline screenshot. You'll go down to a few pixels, but nothing to make it look the textures as dated as Ridge Racer V. Race Idiot described the Photo Mode as a "decent distraction." So was it that the car randomly goes around this one defined path and then you flash a photo? It would seem cool if you could tell the driver to drift like a sick bastard, that he/she would slide all over the place, just for your drift-crazy pleasures.

Race Idiot, I'm going to buy your comment that there will be more "if this were real life, I'd be dead by now" deal. Maybe I just need to be quiet sometimes, but with all the talk on no multiplay beyond LAN, no crashes, no reverse lights, and now Race Idiot (and CobraGT) kind of touch up on physics. I haven't forgotten about the new physics engine. The thrills of GT won't negatively change in GT4, but the driving experience will be much different. What does this mean to the average person in the 13-25 demographic that loves GT- a much different GT. And face it. If you say "it's just like every other GT" in a game review for it, you're not trying too hard to actually LOVE the game, much less respect it. So don't be a punk, dig?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be training up for at least some kind of GT4 demo.
 
In photo mode, you choose the location, and it places the car in that location. You can then zoom in, turn the wheels, open doors, etc.
 
naruto
I finished downloading it and I couldn't get it to work. any Idea how to burn this copy.
I don´t think you can talk about this here.
 
SchuberT
In photo mode, you choose the location, and it places the car in that location. You can then zoom in, turn the wheels, open doors, etc.

There's an open doors option? Where? I couldn't find one, all I could do was change the angle of the wheels. It's a bit wierd to get to grips with the car and camera placings initialy but it's fairly intuitive once you get used to it.
 
un_peacekeeper
NFSU2 for ps2 leaves marks so it's not PS2's fault

Yes, but NFS's graphics engine is totally different. For starters, it doesn't have that attention on detail that GT4 has shown so far. It basically sacrifices certain things in the game in order to provide others.

And if there's a problem with the PS2, that wouldn't be about it being able to show them. It would mostly be (without being totally sure, of course) memory/processing power issues since the game is already busy 'drawing' all this hi-res imagery.

Think of it just like the whole damage issue. It will be in as soon as PD tweaks the game engine (or write it from the beginning) so that it can be done. And I guess that this is where the PS3 comes in... ^_^
 
Lindbl.resident
Yes, but NFS's graphics engine is totally different. For starters, it doesn't have that attention on detail that GT4 has shown so far. It basically sacrifices certain things in the game in order to provide others.

And if there's a problem with the PS2, that wouldn't be about it being able to show them. It would mostly be (without being totally sure, of course) memory/processing power issues since the game is already busy 'drawing' all this hi-res imagery.

Think of it just like the whole damage issue. It will be in as soon as PD tweaks the game engine (or write it from the beginning) so that it can be done. And I guess that this is where the PS3 comes in... ^_^

lol, true!

hey for photo mode, can you print them out in the demo?
 
un_peacekeeper
hey for photo mode, can you print them out in the demo?

Seeing as how all the pics so far say "press start to print," then yes.
 
More pics

gt4_012-vi.jpg

gt4_009-vi.jpg

gt4_010-vi.jpg

gt4_013-vi.jpg
More air-time physics than GT3
gt4_014-vi.jpg

gt4_015-vi.jpg

gt4_018-vi.jpg

gt4_017-vi.jpg
 
Wow! Pretty shots! How do you make them look so smooth. Camera setting please.
 
👍 That is some beautiful scenery!
 
8400RPM
Wow! Pretty shots! How do you make them look so smooth. Camera setting please.

My HDTV can do a freeze frame, allows me to freeze the frame and take the pic.

The problem with snapping pics is that the PS2 video flickers a lot in motion, difficult to capture a clean smooth image. Freeze the frame and then take the picture.

Unless your camera can do quick exposures.
 
Hmmm, no more monkey in the tree. :) Nice pics and I got to know how that C5R sounds. I hope they made it sound like there is actually a 427 under there. 👍
 
98cobra
Hmmm, no more monkey in the tree. :) Nice pics and I got to know how that C5R sounds. I hope they made it sound like there is actually a 427 under there. 👍

The C5R and Viper GTSR still sounds like a vacuum machine.
 
Holy freaking cow! Look at Godzilla (Falken Skyline GT-R) flying up in the air like that! I know big jumps are eminent in rally racing, but this is a road racing machine presumably tackling the Nordschliefe (one day I'll spell that correctly for a change). I didn't know a DTM Mercedes can hang with the Corvette C5R or even the Dodge Viper GTS-R. I've always thought Trial Mountain is better off as a rally course. Thought that way since GT1. If that was a real track, you'd have to be pretty damn careful taking a pure race car and then banging into one of those big rocks. I wonder if El Capitan will be better than Trial Mountain.

And for trivia, GT3 features one monkey on the tree branch when racing in the normal direction. When racing the reverse direction, there are TWO monkeys on the same tree branch. Anyone ever noticed that?
 
RacingFreak2k3
Sweet pics!! Is this game even going to be possible to play well with the DS2 controller? I mean i could easily afford it, but i never thought about getting the wheel. It sounds like a sweet experience, but i just want to know if it will even be possible to beat the game with the controller with the physics being as realistic as they are.

Yeah. I'd like to know that too. Hopefully it is. I might just buy a DFP with my money I get for christmas.
 
Argh, it fries my brain how PD STILL haven't fixed the incorrect headlights on the FC3S RX-7. On the pictures above this post, the middle "lights" aren't supposed to be lights at all. Those are for high-beam flashes when the driver is about to overtake another car. When the headlights are popped out like in the pictures above, that center light outlet has no actual light behind it to shine through.



That aside, thank you for the pictures of George V anyway ;-)
 
RoadBeef
Argh, it fries my brain how PD STILL haven't fixed the incorrect headlights on the FC3S RX-7. On the pictures above this post, the middle "lights" aren't supposed to be lights at all. Those are for high-beam flashes when the driver is about to overtake another car. When the headlights are popped out like in the pictures above, that center light outlet has no actual light behind it to shine through.



That aside, thank you for the pictures of George V anyway ;-)

lol, some1 pissed off a rx7 fan...haha
 
Trial mountain look so awsome, I can't wait to drift around on that track.
 
Photo mode rocks! Anyone notice the bumper stickers on the Falken?
 

Attachments

  • falken.jpg
    falken.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 131
  • falken2.jpg
    falken2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 169
  • falken3.jpg
    falken3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 122
Argh, it fries my brain how PD STILL haven't fixed the incorrect headlights on the FC3S RX-7. On the pictures above this post, the middle "lights" aren't supposed to be lights at all. Those are for high-beam flashes when the driver is about to overtake another car. When the headlights are popped out like in the pictures above, that center light outlet has no actual light behind it to shine through.

Japanese models actually had functioning lights behind those lenses; export cars (such as those here in the USA) did not.
 
Well, I've had Prologue for a year and was very impressed with the physics changes for that. And this demo goes one better! Especially the characteristics of the car under braking, you have to be real careful of where the weight is currently shifted on the tires or else "whoops". And the new tire sounds really help to let you know when you're at the limit or starting to lose it, so the sound is part of the physics model in a way. Hard to analyze much further due to the ABS and TCS being on all the time, kind of a bummer. But if the driving model is this much fun with them on, I can't wait to try it with them off! I am using the DFP too, by the way, which I really have to recommend to everyone who can possibly afford it. It increases the immersion and therefore enjoyment ten-fold. I'm not kidding. Blasting down the straightaway at the Nurburgring in the Falken at 170mph with the wind howling and the bumps on the road trying to unsettle you is like no game experience I've ever had.
 
Back