GT4 Favourite/Best Drift Car Thread - updated 11/11/05 to post 132

nightkids4ever
Currently testing out the AMUSE s2000, kind of liking it
there are three of them...i have 2 :dopey: personally i prefer the R1 over the GT1. ok back on topic, so far my favorite car (in general and for drifting) seems to be the mazda AZ-1 (fully tuned, it barely has enough power to lose traction :) ) that thing is so much fun. i have the wheel so it adds to the fun but that is another story. the thing is so slow but it can out handle just about anything, i like it because it pretty much needs no throttle control :sly: but i think the best is the BMW Z4.

i cant choose favorites :(

i mainly use the bmw m3 csl so that would be my favorite i guess. the best i would say is the mazda fd rx7 or the hks silvia.

best drift car: 180sx/240sx (whatever you prefer)
fav drift car: this one varries for me, currently my most used drift car is the chrysler crossfire, what can I say, I love my 40g underdog :P

hands down for me is the rx7 fd (type R) diff between the bathurst and type r is huge but for me both fav. and used is well i guess i have it below dont i? gawd im an idiot

Mashi_Tuner_01
hands down for me is the rx7 fd (type R) diff between the bathurst and type r is huge but for me both fav. and used is well i guess i have it below dont i? gawd im an idiot

Agreed, the RX-7 is a great drift car(now I can drift with FR finally)👍

Can you post several favourite cars? My S2000 is now my fav. drift car ASWELL as my white RX-7:D All FR cars I can drift are my favourite cars for now:sly::D

My favorite drift car is a Toyota Supra RZ on N2 tires.

I'll have to try the S2000.

By the way, really awesome guide you and Swift wrote, Tankspakner. :)

i have to add another favorite if i could, i was just messing with my caterham 7 and u can really toss that thing into a turn and since its so light its very easy to control.

I previously voted the Sileighty as my favorite drift car. Well now it's the RX-7 FC - doesn't matter if it effects the stat tables, just want everyone to know, hah. Awesome drift car! Though the best drift car is still the S15.

I previously voted the Sileighty as my favorite drift car. Well now it's the RX-7 FC - doesn't matter if it effects the stat tables, just want everyone to know, hah. Awesome drift car! Though the best drift car is still the S15.

Agree, the Sileighty is pretty cool,
Agree, the RX-7 is even BETTER:)
Agree, S15 is my "learning car":lol:👍

Currently enjoying the Nismo 400R, you have to jerk it around a bit but it's very predictable and it's got enough power to keep spinning for a while. I guess I gotta try and find a lighter car but for now this is my favorite, especially for hairpins.

Did anyone try the Clio V6 yet? I stumbled upon some settings while racing that made it initiate perfect drifts just by steering into a corner. Extremely easy to do cute little drifts while racing (easier than turning normal), but it's quick to spin or snap back when I try to hold it at an angle. I'm sure this car could be incredible in good hands (better than mine, at least :dopey: )

i'm not sure wot it is. sorry but all i can remember is its a tvr . i took assists of and it was pretty sweet round apricot and midfield . give it a try see if ne1 else agrees

Best: BMW Z4, put some Road and Comfort tires on, and it just slides all day long, totally stock.

Favorite: Lancia Stratos, on the Nurburgring...MAN that car makes some awesome replays.

I think I compared the Z4 to a cute german chick who couldn't keep her top on, but did everything right, and the Lancia to that Sexy Italian Psycho who just wouldn't let you sleep.

Favorite-'04 GTO

I've been playing around with one of these, all stock except for weight reduction and rigidity, quite fun :). I just wish they put the '05 GTO in the game, better tuned suspension, +50hp, hood scoops, and optional body mods.

Haha, I remember I tried drifting an E46 M3 in January, it was a pretty crazy experience. Of course it was the first time I tried it, I held the drift going into a 90 degree left turn, but the wheels caught traction and spun me out..

Fun stuff...

Chris Criswell
Haha, I remember I tried drifting an E46 M3 in January, it was a pretty crazy experience. Of course it was the first time I tried it, I held the drift going into a 90 degree left turn, but the wheels caught traction and spun me out..

Fun stuff...

you should keep trying :)👍

Why not Miata? Its a great car for newbies
just some minor upgrades and you are ready to go

In game-Gotta stick With my S2K. Real world? Once my skills we developed, yeah I would go to a S2K. I would prob start with a very lightly tuned mid 90's 240.

Favourite: HKS Genki Hyper Silvia and Amuse Carbon R1 Skyline
Best: Dunno, haven't really tried anything but those two, so maybe I'll say the Amuse Skyline.

My favourite car to drift at the moment is my black tvr cerbera.

best car for drift, BMW M5, completely stock, except N2's, oh and i suppose i lowered it too.

Before this car, i was disheartened about drifting with my DFP, was just taking so much work, then along came this beauty, and ive been sideways ever since. Maybe my purchasing of this car just coincided with my learning of car control reaching the right point, either way, i love this car. Also, for less spectacular drifting, but awesome feel, a stock BMW 330i '05, again, N2's and lowered. Fantastic fun.

Back