GT4 Favourite/Best Drift Car Thread - updated 11/11/05 to post 132

I started using the sileighty and fell in love with the looks ( allblack w/ black rims, wing) :drool: and handling. it has 400something hp and is still easy to control with n2 tires. đź‘Ť
btw, is a sileight a real car, havnt heard of it.

It's amazing how this changes as you find a new fave...

My fave for the last 3 or 4 weeks has got to be the RX7 LM Race Car.

Set up correctly, it'll drift any corner... Long fast, short slow, chicanes, off camber, you name it, it drifts it...

Favourite: None since I like most of em.
Best: Holden Monaro CV8

Loads of people feels that Only Japanese cars and some European cars are good for drifting. Who heard bout Australian cars being sporty or drifty? Well the Monaro is your answer. I'll post up the Setting in the Setting thread soon. Got a few request for it anyway.

jedi09
I started using the sileighty and fell in love with the looks ( allblack w/ black rims, wing) :drool: and handling. it has 400something hp and is still easy to control with n2 tires. đź‘Ť
btw, is a sileight a real car, havnt heard of it.

the sileighty was not deisgned by nissan but people who crashed their and found it cheaper to use a Silvia front end. it gets its name due to the fact that it is a combination of 2 cars. a Nissan Silvia and a Nissan 180SX. the silvia has a fixed projector head light as opposed to the pop-up headlights on a 180SX or US spec 240SX.

there are a few combinations like this:

onevia: a 180SX front on a silvia rear which is uncommon in Japan but in the US is a standard S13 coupe

strawberry face: which is a S15 Silvia front on an S13 or S14

these are all i can think of off the top of my head.

hmmm easy!

Favorite: Mazda Autozam AZ-1
easy to drift MR thats tiny! and it can even do long drifts like linking autumn ring mini or the first 180 corner at deep forest

Best: Of my drift cars i would say the '97 Mazda RX-7 Type-RS-R, it just glides using the lift off technique

Drift track : El Capitan

Drift Car : Pontiac GTO '04

I like el capitan for the drifting thru corners and the abillity to hold a slide going into the apex's.

WongBob`
best: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
favorite: Lotus Carlton

yeah i just tried to lotus carlton for the 1st time today. its got lots of lowend torque and is a tad bit more oversteery compared to other fr cars while still being mild and relativly easy to control. đź‘Ť probably one of the least twitchy cars because of how heavy it is i guess.

Favorite Drift Car:

RWD: Aston Martin DB9
AWD: R34 Skyline GTR Pacecar (with lightbar of course)

Best Drift Car:

RWD: Sileighty
AWD: R34 GTR Vspec N1

Sunject to change...

;)

Ruf Yellowbird on the top of my fav list... :scared:

Honda nsx is in the best category.... :dopey:

indulging in supercar drifting as well...i.e. zonda, an that bright orange VW

I've been drifting this '97 Lancer Rally Car for the past couple days and I found my new favorite drift car. It rocks for long drifts and exits are soooo easy. I can't even remember ever having it snap out of control on an exit. I've got it at about 400hp on N1s.

I vote for either the silvia s13 or the skyline R31 GTS-R.

EDIT: The Sleighty is sublime too, i'm using almost exactly DR's setup and i'm loving it.

please stick to the topic of favourite/best drift cars, import drifter. The post of intellectualism's which you replied to is from almost a year ago (to the day) and has not been a topic of conversation within this thread since that time.

MR2 1600G '86 is great drifter even without modding or putting economy class tyres on it. MR2 G-limited '97 is great fun too, bit more stable than first gen MR2. so..

Favourite drift car: MR2 mk1 and mk2
Best drift car: MR2 mk1 and mk2

and on the same instant I say that Mustang Gt and Honda NSX are not good at drifting at all. i'd say that it's becaue they got so long wheelbase, which makes them too stabile.

my favorite: NSX-R concept

i really like to take this baby for a fun session..its a very good car on attacking the corners..plus its an MR,its quite easy to do inertia chain drifts w/ it..đź‘Ť

i havent found my best one yet... but i'll be back when i do.. :D

Back