GT4 General Discussion and Questions

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 3,640 comments
There are a couple ways of handling the situation:

1. Drive a Chaparral 2J yourself.
2. Go for another lineup that doesn't include the 2J.
3. Choose a lineup that has the 2J starting in 4th or 5th.
4. Qualify.

Choose a lineup with the 2J in 4th or 5th when you run it as individual races, not as a championship series. Otherwise you may find it's on the pole in the second and subsequent races.

If you qualify you guarantee that the 2J starts in second place, not further down the lineup. However you start in front of it so you can block if necessary. Should you not qualify first, of course, the 2J will. In which case you weren't going to win the race anyway; the AI is notoriously bad at qualifying and if it outqualifies you then it's going to wax you in the race.

Real car exhaust sounds
Exhaust tips
Weather effects
Real Life Fuel consumption
Real Life Tire wear as well as tire problems like a blown tire.
Real Life Oil consumption

Just a simple question I'm sure someone will have an answer to ...
I raced in Japanese 80's Festival - all cars were 1980s but one from the '90s !!! jajajaja

PLEASE WHY IS THIS ? It bugged me from the first time I played the game jajajaja

You should take a look at these threads, it's not quite as frugal as your hypothetical situation, but it is quite possibly the most detailed account of playing the game as miserly as possible to be found anywhere:

Scrooge does GT4 Part 1: 0 to 25% on 4,000 cr.
Scrooge does GT4 Part II: 25 to 50% on 55,130 Credits..
Scrooge does GT 4 Part III: 50 to 75.0% on 153,085 credits (207k from 0%)
Scrooge does GT4 Part IV: 75 to 100% on 2,091,580 CR (2.2 mill from start)

I haven't tried this kind of thriftiness. I don't mind spending credits - it's so easy to get so many of them in this game, but my rule is to purchase as few cars as possible. I've found that I can get through the game with only buying 32 cars. My first purchase usually isn't until after I've completed about 35% of the game.

I haven't tried this kind of thriftiness. I don't mind spending credits - it's so easy to get so many of them in this game, but my rule is to purchase as few cars as possible. I've found that I can get through the game with only buying 32 cars. My first purchase usually isn't until after I've completed about 35% of the game.

TurboTuner, have you checked out Famine's 1st of June Society thread?

I gave it a shot and it was quite fun!

Good luck with your racing!
GTsail

I got a question about turbo lag in GT4. I know there's a back and forth discussion about whether or not there is any but for the purposes of my query, let's assume there isn't.

If I were to use a crappy clutch for my modified turbo car on purpose, would the slipping clutch provide a reasonable imitation of a lagging turbo?

What about the heavier flywheels and driveshaft? Does the lower compression in a turbo engine (to compensate for the air that's forced into the chambers) translate into a less responsive engine regardless of the turbine?

Well there isn't any lag in GT4 anyways.

I don't think using a stock clutch with high powered car will cause any slip in GT4, so no.

GT4 doesn't go into great depth with the engine tuning, and I've noticed any loss of response with a turbo car vs a N/A one. And if it did model a less responsive engine, then a bigger turbine would require a lower CR, and thus less response.
You could get response back by increasing the internal strength and the CR, but that is WAY beyond GT4.

I know it's not a perfect way of emulating the behavior of a turbo but how close would my suggestion get to that goal?

I highly doubt it, I believe that going to a higher stage clutch in GT4 just lightens it and increases the acceleration.

Does anyone know if there is a list somewhere of the cars which are eligible to enter the European Hall; Euro Hot Hatch League races?

I believe that's just about the only GT4 list which hasn't been compiled yet. Which is kind of curious, since it's probably the series with the least obvious "eligible entries" list; I'm surprised the question hasn't come up and been answered ages ago.

I believe that's just about the only GT4 list which hasn't been compiled yet. Which is kind of curious, since it's probably the series with the least obvious "eligible entries" list; I'm surprised the question hasn't come up and been answered ages ago.

Yeah, I've tried all the obvious searches and come up dry, so that was my suspicion, thanks for the quick response.

Nope. But there's a bug that will not credit certain driving missions if you do them out of order.

Stupid me..Wrong searchwords and google.
And everywhere else here except this one.
Driving mission 1 bug.
Did second then 1st of course..It shows at the diary as completed.
This is PAL version,but same thing I suppose?

Nope. But there's a bug that will not credit certain driving missions if you do them out of order.
No I´m not that far that I would have high percentage.
But what niky wrote confuses me.
I can´t do certain driving events in the game or get awarded from them if there is some sort of bug?
niky confused me:odd:

Specifically if you don't do driving mission #1 first, you may not be able to reach 100% completion.

I have been unable to reproduce this bug BTW.

Stupid me..Wrong searchwords and google.
And everywhere else here except this one.
Driving mission 1 bug.
Did second then 1st of course..It shows at the diary as completed.
This is PAL version,but same thing I suppose?

As BobK says, not everyone experiences the Mission One bug, but sadly some do.:(

One of my friends ran into this bug and therefore his game would not show 100% complete even though he finished all the races.

Good luck with your GT career,
GTsail

As BobK says, not everyone experiences the Mission One bug, but sadly some do.:(

One of my friends ran into this bug and therefore his game would not show 100% complete even though he finished all the races.

Good luck with your GT career,
GTsail
Not the first time there have been bugs like that, GT2 had one of those as well with there early copies. I take it GT4 is the same way?:scared:

I'v done a search on "Racing only Muscle cars" and it led me to the first thread -->GT4 General Discussion and Questions, am willing to take this question to another thread. Now I know there is a lot of debate weather or not it is consider a Muscle car, I don't really have a problem but for my needs I'm thinking all muscle baby, all the way to the finish line, I'm not looking for a debate I'm looking for the best FF FR MR RR 4WD "early 70's road cars only"!!

Last edited:
Not the first time there have been bugs like that, GT2 had one of those as well with there early copies. I take it GT4 is the same way?:scared:

It hit me in GT3. Never experienced it in GT4, but I did the missions out of order, so the bug kind of dissuaded me from finishing.

I'v done a search on "Racing only Muscle cars" and it led me to the first thread -->GT4 General Discussion and Questions, am willing to take this question to another thread. Now I know there is a lot of debate weather or not it is consider a Muscle car, I don't really have a problem but for my needs I'm thinking all muscle baby, all the way to the finish line, I'm not looking for a debate I'm looking for the best FF FR MR RR 4WD "early 70's road cars only"!!

I'm not sure what you question actually is, but proper muscle cars were FR only.

It hit me in GT3. Never experienced it in GT4, but I did the missions out of order, so the bug kind of dissuaded me from finishing.

Are you far enough along in your game to know if you were hit by the bug or not? As I've maintained for some time, just because you didn't do the missions in order doesn't automatically mean you can't reach 100%.

I had started a game by deliberately doing missions 2 through 9 before mission 1. Although I didn't finish the game, I did carefully chart the progress and I was on track to reach 100% not 99.8%.

At this point, with my PS2 on a permanent loan out to my brothers-in-law... does it matter? :D

There is temptation to go back, but tempered by the fact that GT5 drives so much better...

Latest Posts

Back