GT4 General Discussion and Questions

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 3,640 comments
Hmm, yes, I believe you're correct on that.

Here it is. Honda Insight '99

honda-insight-99.jpg

I wouldn't imagine that anyplace is selling GT4 for more than a handful of dollars/euros/pounds.

I want to know which is the best car to complete the Gran Turismo World Championship? I've tried it with the Camaro LM Car but I need something else.

I want to know which is the best car to complete the Gran Turismo World Championship? I've tried it with the Camaro LM Car but I need something else.

You want to use the minolta if you have it. if you do then use super hard racing tires and use the practice mode to start in pole postion.

Any Group C or LMP car should do the trick. Good drivers may be able to do it in tuned GT cars.

I would say go for the 88C-V, which you receive as a prize if you win the El Capitan 200 Miles endurance race (which isn't too hard with a mildly tuned sports car)

Hi forum, I have one question about AI racers. I hope you can understand because I really don't know how to say it clearly :S

I noticed that on some AI cars (race cars and sport cars with racing exhaust), flame comes out from their exhaust pipes when they brake. That's obvious. But sometimes they just accelerate and that flame appears multiple times (while they are not braking). How do they that? Take a look to race cars like the Group C ones. I may think only the AI does that.

It's just eye candy and they're programmed to act that way; there's nothing they're doing that's actually causing it.

I don't think they change gears, take a look in Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway or Test Course (mainly in the challenge Like the Wind), they are doing those flames without braking and lowing the speed.

Anyways, this may be quite obvious but the Nissan R89C is only acquired from the last driving missions? Once you win it, there's no way to get another one, right? This is why I don't use that car in GT mode because after a while, it could lose horsepower...

The way around that is to duplicate the car (or any other can that can only be won once. ie mission prizes, license prizes, and game completion percentage prizes). All it takes is a second memory card and a bit of cash.

i'm not sure if i'm honest. like you say, you get the flames when the cars are slowing down, but when they're accelerating what else could it represent?

The way around that is to duplicate the car (or any other can that can only be won once. ie mission prizes, license prizes, and game completion percentage prizes). All it takes is a second memory card and a bit of cash.

Do you mean memory card trading? I have two memory cards but one doesn't have the Nissan R89C yet and if I trade that car to the data I actually play, it would be yet another unique chance to get the R89C... If I'm wrong, I didn't understand then xD

i'm not sure if i'm honest. like you say, you get the flames when the cars are slowing down, but when they're accelerating what else could it represent?

Hmmm... I'll try to upload some video. But I noticed the flames come out from each pipe (from right to left) instead from both in a simultaneous way. That could mean they brake without changing gears (remaining from their last gear) until they start to accelerate.

Do you mean memory card trading? I have two memory cards but one doesn't have the Nissan R89C yet and if I trade that car to the data I actually play, it would be yet another unique chance to get the R89C... If I'm wrong, I didn't understand then xD

Yep, memory card trading is exactly what I'm referring to. You have to buy the car at its normal price (or what would be its normal price if it were sold in a dealership) but that's not a big deal as I'm sure you already know. The important part is the car is not removed from the card you're "buying" it from, so each card ends up with a copy of the car.

Incidentally, the memory card trick can also be used to restore full horsepower to a car which has suffered permanent loss from excessive mileage. More pedantically, you can get a fresh copy of the car then sell the one with the worn out engine. You don't even need a second memory card; just pull the memory card from slot 1 and plug it into slot 2 when it asks for the second card -- just don't forget to put it back in slot 1 after it's loaded the cars.

Hmmm... I'll try to upload some video. But I noticed the flames come out from each pipe (from right to left) instead from both in a simultaneous way. That could mean they brake without changing gears (remaining from their last gear) until they start to accelerate.

Seriously, don't try to read too much into the whole flames from the exhaust thing. It's just an effect it plays back when an AI car decelerates.

And that trick works with prize cars? I can have more than a Nissan R89C then??

I should have known this much before selling and buying some LMP cars for the Endurance and Extreme Halls xD

Yep, when you come right down to it the one-time prize cars are the only real reason to use the dupe trick. If you could win it again or buy it at a dealers, more straightforward to just go win/buy it again.

Of course you can also buy cars off a friend's memory card, which is the real purpose of it.

Cool! Now I can use the Sauber and the R89C more frequently ^^ Thanks for the trick.

Returning to the events in general, are the AI cars customized (transmission, suspension, etc.) in some races? I don't know why it's very difficult in some of them if you use unmodified cars. For example, in New York 200 miles there was a Pagani Zonda C12 that was leading the race, but when I used that car with B-spec at pace 3-4 (I have +8000 points), it wasn't like the Zonda I saw (driven by the AI)... It was way worse. I easily won that with my Saleen S7 but I don't understand why that happened.

It happens also in the Gran Turismo World Championship and the Extreme League races. An AI Nissan R92CP drove very well, without going off the track but when I use a B-spec Nissan R92CP it doesn't do well some turns, even at pace 1.

Oh, the AI definitely use "enhanced" cars. Best examples of that are the Opel Speedster race in the German manufacturers' races, and the 206 race in the French.

Latest Posts

Back