GT4 movies inside! *Update 28979 - the last one..*

• Thread starter Egghead
  • 1,219 comments
440 CHARGER
Hey Egghead, I know this is a Gran Turismo 4 forum, and it's a great forum for discussion, but would you mind posting a lengthy video of the Viper in Forza. Maybe a lap around Laguna Seca, with no other cars around, just the Viper! That would be sweet! I love the sound of that Viper! 👍 I havent been able to find any other good websites for videos of Forza, besides IGN. (All they have are Corvettes and NSXs)

And does anybody know where I could get that demo of Forza at. Or maybe you have one and wouldnt mind giving it away.

I'll definitely second that request! :D:tup:

edit: duh, forgot but there is a Forza thread where you can post it too just let me know it's there because I don't go to that thread.

kidcodea
until mr kazunori does proper physics for gt and drops the dreadful arcade crap sold as reality, i guess almost any sim is more real drivingwise than gt.
so from a simracer perspective , almost anything is better than gt.
gt with n2003 tyrecode, and lfs s2 overall physics and online code would rock ya. till then, its still just a kids game no matter how he sells it. and believe me, i have huge respect for gt series. art in bytes.
i just wish he would research a bit in pcland and see what mature gamers are used to.
reading gt pressreleases and interviews is like reading instaneous soups instructions after coming out of a 3 star michelin restaurant.
mr kazunori, launch lfs (s2 out soon) play it. same for n2003, gtp etc etc.
the enthusia tech demos seemed more interesting than the trailer but ohwell. i just hope enthusia is at least a bit more interesting and developed than gt, physicswise. which is not hard really...
thats the core of the fun for me, and for many others. and thats enthuisa main quality. to put a warning light for gt. gt5 ps3 should be just about rendering engine showoff. for me the real **** would be real SIM qualities. i can only hope.
ill pass buying gt4. i have prologue and is enuff to see what a limited game it is, drivingwise.

You good sir are an idiot!!!
Kaz never said GT was a full on sim, it's as close as they can get without boring you with too many things to worry about, just remember they have to make a profit from this game in order to earn their pay check, they are easing you into full on simulation. Imagine if they just threw you into full on sim play, soo many people would be turned off by it, it would not have been this popular and Kaz would not have become as popular as he is now. GT's physics are forgiving to a point, just enough not to make the game arcadey-but since they did not include collision physics, we will get that arcadey bouncing around. I'm sure enthusia is a totally different beast, not a driving game like what we have known, it's allows you to level up your cars, interesting to say the least. You want your full on simulation stick to your PC you will be very happy, but don't rag on GT series because it's more mainstream and has reached to such levels and fandom, that PC games get overshadowed because of it. Each incarnation of GT increases and refines the realism, but with the technology, there has to be a balance(this must make a profit and be acceptable in the eyes of the public), care to name a PC "sim" that has done what GT series has done.

I can care less that you aren't going to get GT4, but when you want to talk about a genre defining game, know what it's purpose is before you begin to spew statements in which to down the game.

If I need sarcasm in my face, I'd ask nicely. But until then, like it's said, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. Sick of people in forums who have nothing better to do than to tick me off and ONLY reply to me if something I say is completely wrong. You have to be perfect on GTP, I guess. And if you're not, you're hated on. But you know what? I guess my grammar is really THAT bad. So what you going to do about it? Thought so, so let me finish this reply.

Some of the sounds may sound the same, so that's why I asked "how are we judging how a car really sounds?" The emphasis is on racing, but "the real driving simulator" is the tagline for this game. You want a sim, play an F1 game. Play a NASCAR game. Maybe go for a Codemasters racer. I've played "J&L Stock Car Racing" (it's a touring car game endorsed by NASCAR racers, which diminishes the quality of the game, and let's not forget hearing Ned Jarrett of all people. Bob Varsha or someone would have been better). I've played the game with the worst racing AI ever, "Pro Race Driver." I played a game that has friendlier AI, "TOCA Race Driver 2." You want some bang-em-up, gosh darned realistic racing, you have my say-so to look for these games and play them to death. But keep in mind. Just like life, racing games aren't perfect. You're lucky GT4 is "good enough." Anything better than unimpressive is a good game in my book.

If you want to keep talking sounds, how are we to believe that a car in GT4 sounds exactly the same? How can we tell? How are we judging sounds? I mean, tell me. I'm confused. I don't get it. No comprende, amigos. Set me straight. I'm your idiot, make me complete.

HAHAHAH THE AI SUCK IN BOTH GAMES!!! I do prefer the GT4 ai than the forza.... because the GT4 is stupid like a door, but the forza is more like an idiot waiting for your good will to let him pass... what a crap ai!!

You shouldnt have to double Post :)

Anywho, Regardless of whatever the situation is, Forza is definatly a contender, even if it doesnt play as well as GT4. The average "joe gamer" who doesnt do his research will flock at the Idea of Forza's Online Play alone.

I mean, Come on, how many threads have we all seen that go: "OMFGWTFBBQ THERES N0 0N1iNZEs? P1Ay?!1!" the casual gamer that will most likely pick up GT4 will still think that theres online play, They wont know about the 2 player Garage, or Cars, or anything.

From the vibe that i've always got it all comes down to advertising, and M$ is a juggernaut at it.

Egghead
Hi,

I made 4 vids comparing Forza vs GT4. I don't want a biatchfight in here, just want to let you see (well.. hear..) the difference.

First some pics :

forza.jpg

gt4.jpg

forza2.jpg

gt42.jpg

forza3.jpg

gt43.jpg

Note ; i have a s-video cable so that's why the GT4 shots are alot sharper.

Now 4 video's. 1 showing the engine noises GT4 <-> Forza, 1 shows some other engine noises (just random), 1 shows 1 crash in GT4 and 6 others in Forza and the last shows the stupid AI of both games.

VIDEOS

GT4 vs Forza engine noise vid Note ; it's not the same Corvette.

Random Forza/GT4 car noises

1 GT4 crash, alot of Forza crashes

Testing the AI. Everyone knows the sucky AI of GT4 so i show you the Forza AI

Forza footage is from the demo.
The noise in GT4 is much better, its not a bass sound like in Forza, its really sharp and nice, Gt4 rocks also on Sounds, and on Graphics. 2-0 for GT4

ChristmasGTO
Anywho, Regardless of whatever the situation is, Forza is definatly a contender, even if it doesnt play as well as GT4.

have you played the demo? it plays a hell of a lot better than gt3, and the forza demo was only 40% done. they're further refined the physics since then. gt4 is gonna have to have one hell of a physics overhall to compete.

wonderpill
how many cars have you ever seen in your life that don't have that bass? you contradicted yourself.
Its also in Gt4 (the bass) but its real, not just all bass, in Forza it just doesn't sound like the car if you where in 3 rd person, it just doesn't feel real.

The noise in GT4 is much better, its not a bass sound like in Forza, its really sharp and nice, Gt4 rocks also on Sounds, and on Graphics. 2-0 for GT4

Seriously, saying that the cars in GT4 sound better then ones in Forza, is like saying Forza looks more realitsic then GT4. Retarded.

Just listen to the zonda in those vids...it does sound pretty terrible.

I think some people are misguided when it comes to GT4. I'm sure its a fabulous game, yet Darts it appears obvious that you've played neither.

Graphics:

I'll say this again, Laguna Seca is far better represented in Forza than it is in Gran Turismo.

Please watch this real life footage of Honda S2000 going round the track.

Watch:
http://www.sierrafoot.org/laguna_seca/ls040302.html

Play the video which starts at turn 11 and goes through to turn 4. Also go to ign.com (Forza section) and watch the Corvette mpeg. You will see that the resemblance to Laguna in Forza is uncanny.

Now tell me that GT4 looks better and more realistic. Let's not forget that Forza features bump mapping, real time fresnel reflections, and far superior anti-aliasing.

Sound:

Darts, it really is quite obvious that you have never been anywhere near the cars featured. For example, I know people who have the cars present in that short mpeg (please refer to page 53).

Sound has always been a weakness in the GT series. It seems that Polyphony have one sample and then make slight alterations to suit each car. The sound is weak, tinny and is completely unbelievable. In fact the sound has not improved since GT.

Please look at the video of the Mercedes SL500 (Grand Valley East - page 2) on this site. Why does it sound like a Honda Civic 1.5, when it has a 5.0 litre V12 with 302bhp. I have been in an SL500 and can tell you that they do not sound like a hairdryer!

There is indisputably a clear demarcation between the sounds of each car in Forza. The quality of the sound is also far superior. However I will concede that Forza does have a distinct lack of atmospheric sounds (crowd). Hopefully, this can be sorted for the final build.

GT4 is a great game judging by the reviews. Forza could stink, if some of the faults/bugs aren't dealt with. Yet, I do think that people need to be a little more objective and acknowledge that Forza will be better in some respects.

pr0gress
have you played the demo? it plays a hell of a lot better than gt3, and the forza demo was only 40% done. they're further refined the physics since then. gt4 is gonna have to have one hell of a physics overhall to compete.

Im sorry but the physics even in prolouge were perfect, it was the best balance with realism and fun i havent played ANY racing game with physics and handling on a level with gt4, sure games like grand prix legends are more real but they lack the important balance gt always seems too get spot on. you feel connected too the car in prolouge i could correct oversteer without even thinking it just came naturally.....................sorry but GT physics dont need touching

Brandes
Now tell me that GT4 looks better and more realistic. Let's not forget that Forza features bump mapping, real time fresnel reflections, and far superior anti-aliasing.

lets not forget gt4 runs at twice the framerate and includes a 1080i HD mode and still manages too look as good if not better than forza which happens too run at 30fps on far superior hardware...........plus you only get shadows under the players vehicle forza isnt all that impressive

Well Gt4 can do that because the poly counts are pretty low, and the textures aint exactly incredible. Hell even the lighting is quite flat in places, especially on the sparse looking tracks. If you compare the games in the vids, GT4 does come off looking quite simple graphically in comparison I thought, in terms of effects and detail.

code_kev
Well Gt4 can do that because the poly counts are pretty low, and the textures aint exactly incredible. Hell even the lighting is quite flat in places, especially on the sparse looking tracks. If you compare the games in the vids, GT4 does come off looking quite simple graphically in comparison I thought, in terms of effects and detail.

you say that yet gt4 still manages too look more real than forza, just look at the car models

akak
you say that yet gt4 still manages too look more real than forza, just look at the car models
Common, Forza looks like its an PS1 game, its has no good shadows, the cars look like there plasticn and the sounds is way to in car, while you are behind the car.!!

Darts, your an idiot. Show me the ps1 game that looks as good as forza, and I'll show you a master system game that looks as good as GT4...

Akak, I think GT4 does look more realistic, mainly because of the choice of colours etc, but in terms of detail and effects, it does lag behind, this is especially apparent on the vids. Just compare the reflections for example. Or for example, the tracks on the GT4 vids look quite plain and flat. Not saying Gt4 looks bad ofc, it looks pretty damn good. The PD team just seem to give the cars this realistic-ness (not even a real word) about em.

code_kev
Darts, your an idiot. Show me the ps1 game that looks as good as forza, and I'll show you a master system game that looks as good as GT4...

Akak, I think GT4 does look more realistic, mainly because of the choice of colours etc, but in terms of detail and effects, it does lag behind, this is especially apparent on the vids. Just compare the reflections for example. Or for example, the tracks on the GT4 vids look quite plain and flat. Not saying Gt4 looks bad ofc, it looks pretty damn good. The PD team just seem to give the cars this realistic-ness (not even a real word) about em.

i still havent seen a track in forza that looks as nice as the grand canyon rally course, this is all opinion anyway for me forza doesnt look ANY more advanced than gt4 and considering the hardware diffrences the forza team could have done much better.........60fps for one thing

Darts
Common, Forza looks like its an PS1 game, its has no good shadows, the cars look like there plasticn and the sounds is way to in car, while you are behind the car.!!

Look again, Forza has much better shadows than GT4.

I have spent alot of time with a WRX and Forza's sound is much much close to the real thing. They got the free reving and under strain sound difference sound down pretty wheel. GT4 sounds like its just increasing the frequency of the sound.

I think what we need to keep in mind is the fact there are over 700 cars in GT4 (i forget the exact number at the moment) I think you are asking a lot of the PS2 console and PD to get over 700 different car sounds rangeing from 1000rpm to 18,000rpm in different noise patterns. The reason i believe most of the cars in GT4 sound so similar is that they may use the same sound files, just tweaked a little bit to make a slight variation, thus less memory used on the console. Personelly i would prefer to have over 700 astoundingly good detailed car models with poor sounds (like GT4) than the latter! I dont actualy know but i doubt Forza has as many cars and is on a more powerful console, meaning more time, effort and computing power can be utilised in getting more original sounds from one car to the next!

I agree that Forza dose sound better, especially the V8's. The graphics are better in some ways but I perfure GT4's.

A nice touch I like in Forza is when you break hard, it leaves dotted skidmarks on the track when ABS is active. This isn't in GT4

You are right code, color in gt4 does look more realistic but color isn't really as important as realistic light illumination. Gt4 beats forza in light illumination because it looks more realistic. If you have seen wreckless2 pics, you'll see the colors used in the game dont look realistic but the light illumination gives the game a sense of reality, it looks quite realistic.

GT4 is still an amazing achievment for the PS2. You cant have everything. It only runs at 300mhz so you'll expect the AI to be bad.

Forza could have done better with the AI though. The Xbox runs at 733mhz.

theGTfreak
GT4 is still an amazing achievment for the PS2. You cant have everything. It only runs at 300mhz so you'll expect the AI to be bad.

Forza could have done better with the AI though. The Xbox runs at 733mhz.

Does the Ps2 run at 400mhz?

Latest Posts

Back