GT4 movies inside! *Update 28979 - the last one..*

• Thread starter Egghead
  • 1,219 comments
GT series sounds just aren't bassy enough, the low end isn't accentuated. They have more bass in the music than they have in the car engine sounds, some cars sound pretty awful though, in GT3 the Z06 sounds terrible stock, but when u add the mufflers, they begin to sound like they are supposed to; I think that there are probably mix ups of sound files with some cars, like the untuned becoming mixed with the tuned therefore stock cars sounding completely off. Z06 is a prime example of that, i know that a highly tuned ZO6 sounds kinda less throaty and more whiny, but it still has that low end bone shaker "growl", from the sounds of GT4 they seemed to have the sounds in order, just missing the bass. PD needs to understand that V-8's growl, low RPM NA cars growl, unless the exhaust is changed.

Darts
Common, Forza looks like its an PS1 game, its has no good shadows, the cars look like there plasticn and the sounds is way to in car, while you are behind the car.!!

I think you are forgetting to turn your hearing aids on Darts! Either that or you have mistaken which video is Forza and Which Video is GT4! GT4 is the game that sounds like you are in the car, and Forza is the game that sounds like you are behind the car! Forza's engine sounds and exaust sounds are WAY WAY WAY better than GT4's sounds. GT4's sounds have no depth and are bland! Listen to the yellow Corvette in the video...IT SOUNDS LIKE A SPORT BIKE OR SOMETHING!

And I really dont like the crowd cheering and the blow horns blaring! It's kinda gay if you ask me!

Come on Darts, get with it!!! It's OK, GT4 is'nt the best at everything, especially not the sound! Dont be so Fanboyish. (And dont get the assumption that I am fanboyish, because I cant wait to get GT4! Ive been waiting just like everybody else, and I only have 4 XBOX games. And I definetley think GT4's graphics are more realistic....and better! But I think Forza will be more advanced and I think it will have more nice little touches, like the ABS tire lock up, and THE SOUND, and I could care less about the body mods, but that will be cool too! And I'm gonna have to get XBOX live for this one!

MrktMkr1986
RapidShare looks like a nice site but that 30MB filesize limit can get annoying.

EDIT: 68% and counting...
there's a better one for bigger files it's called yousendit you can put big ass file in that one .

from what i have seen, Forza seems to be a inbetween game from GT4 and the NFS:UG. So a traditional period from the fast and the furious adoring public may be eased into the real world with cars that dont look like a children colouring book into Forza but still retain some element of NFS:UG and the cheesyness! Then after a few weeks of playing Forza and when psychologicaly ready the spotty teen would then place the GT4 into the disk drive and turn into more understanding, human being, of car physics! The now less spoty teen would then pass his driving test and after 1 hour of passing realise sliding a car is not as easy as in GT4, he would realise this when he is pulling his head out of the windscreen! End of message and good night!

PS. Hope you enjoyed reading, as at 12 o clock at night i enjoyed typing it!

GT Freak!
from what i have seen, Forza seems to be a inbetween game from GT4 and the NFS:UG. So a traditional period from the fast and the furious adoring public may be eased into the real world with cars that dont look like a children colouring book into Forza but still retain some element of NFS:UG and the cheesyness! Then after a few weeks of playing Forza and when psychologicaly ready the spotty teen would then place the GT4 into the disk drive and turn into more understanding, human being, of car physics! The now less spoty teen would then pass his driving test and after 1 hour of passing realise sliding a car is not as easy as in GT4, he would realise this when he is pulling his head out of the windscreen! End of message and good night!

PS. Hope you enjoyed reading, as at 12 o clock at night i enjoyed typing it!

keep in mind i havent played gt4 yet and this is based on gt3, but the physics in forza kicks the crap out of gt3. gt3 feels like an arcade game compared to the forza demo. people on here don't seem to realise this.

pr0gress
keep in mind i havent played gt4 yet and this is based on gt3, but the physics in forza kicks the crap out of gt3. gt3 feels like an arcade game compared to the forza demo. people on here don't seem to realise this.

I don't think it's a matter of people not "realizing" it, it's a matter of opinion. Most hardcore GT players don't like the feel of Forza's physics. It's not even a matter of which is "better", but rather which is better for the gamer.

As for the sounds, I think the main problem with GT4 might simply be the system's power. PS2 doesn't have the sound capability of Xbox, in the form of DD5.1. And with so much system power being used to push the graphics and physics, it's easy to understand why they had to cut back a little on the sound. I imagine this won't be a problem in GT5, with so much extra power to use, as well as full 5.1 support, which will certainly handle the bass well enough.

Wow, as far as those engine sounds go, didnt think there could be that much of a difference. GT4 has much higer quality sounds than Forza, but Forza's sounds are much more realistic. Go figure. Either way, I'll be purchasing GT4(as i've already got the thing pre ordered) and not Forza. I absolutely hate the way Forza controls. also, GT4's graphics are miles ahead for some reason.

Hey sir Egghead! I was away for a few days and I've just logged in now. I was wondering if the LMP video was already up. I didn'tsaw it in the 1st post.. If it is please post the link to it.. A gajillion thanks to you again!! :dopey:

PS2 doesn't have the sound capability of Xbox, in the form of DD5.1
That's really no excuse, NFSU2 has already proven you can have realistic sounds using the PS2. The GT team just are not doing it correctly. It's already been discussed in another thread that when recording a car at rest it sounds much more mechanical and offbeat then what most of us are expecting which is the engine under serious load from moving.

And I still say Forza's sounds are garbage with the exception of the Viper.

akak
hmm thats not too good hopefully this is an option and not the way it actually plays. i like too see whats going on when im tuning not some slider telling me i have advanced too lvl 3 weight reduction seems a wee bit gay 👎

Enthusia is not based mainly on tuneing, its centered mainly on car and driver (skill wise) and i find this system rather fair. Consider the fact that if you lvl up, all the other cars lvl up so your in constant competiton and not just powerhouse through the computer and think your god. Hell you can even see by Enthusias design that it's more focused on car and driver experience (physics engine as it has been mentioned many times which was supervised by the Boss of Mazdas suspension dynamics) either way the game is not designed to give you a lot of tuneing but rather get you in touch with the cars and how they will handle.

IMHO It's pointless to dispute which game is better. Just buy the game you like and play it. If you like one buy only one, if you like all of them then just buy all of them there is no cult thats ordering you to be only faithful to one incarnation of a game. Variety spices things up so just enjoy the effort put forth into the racing sims as of late. The more the better :dopey:

As for me i don't own an Xbox so i won't be buying Forza, if i did own a Xbox i would buy it why the hell not. So im just gonna buy my GT4 and Enthusia when their available. If i don't like one i can always trade it back in. :) 👍

-MortICi-

MortICi
Enthusia is not based mainly on tuneing, its centered mainly on car and driver (skill wise) and i find this system rather fair. Consider the fact that if you lvl up, all the other cars lvl up so your in constant competiton and not just powerhouse through the computer and think your god. Hell you can even see by Enthusias design that it's more focused on car and driver experience (physics engine as it has been mentioned many times which was supervised by the Boss of Mazdas suspension dynamics) either way the game is not designed to give you a lot of tuneing but rather get you in touch with the cars and how they will handle.

IMHO It's pointless to dispute which game is better. Just buy the game you like and play it. If you like one buy only one, if you like all of them then just buy all of them there is no cult thats ordering you to be only faithful to one incarnation of a game. Variety spices things up so just enjoy the effort put forth into the racing sims as of late. The more the better :dopey:

As for me i don't own an Xbox so i won't be buying Forza, if i did own a Xbox i would buy it why the hell not. So im just gonna buy my GT4 and Enthusia when their available. If i don't like one i can always trade it back in. :) 👍

-MortICi-

Call me nuts, but I'm quite new.. So guys, where are those new movies? (i have found the ones comparing forza/gt4 on the first page...)

GT Freak!
I think what we need to keep in mind is the fact there are over 700 cars in GT4 (i forget the exact number at the moment) I think you are asking a lot of the PS2 console and PD to get over 700 different car sounds rangeing from 1000rpm to 18,000rpm in different noise patterns.
True, but then PD shouldn't have stated that the sounds of all 700 cars are original sound recordings. For a game and the PS2s capabilities it sounds ok, but for the original recording of the car, it sounds very poor. They could have saved a lot of time and manpower by creating those sounds artificially.

On the other hand, I suppose they wanted to store those sounds to use them in future GTs on future PSs with superior computing power.

*offtopic*
MrktMkr1986
RapidShare looks like a nice site but that 30MB filesize limit can get annoying.
rico13
there's a better one for bigger files it's called yousendit you can put big ass file in that one .
Yousendit does store files up to 1GB, but the availability of an uploaded file is limited to 25 downloads and / or 7 days, as the service is meant to be for somebody sending one or two friends a large file. I stopped uploading there, cause 25 downloads are gone in the blink of an eye, and people will start asking you to upload it again ... and again ... and again ...

*ontopic*

this looks to be what gt4 looks in 1080i or something
gt4hd43xg.jpg

gt4hd1kr.jpg

gt4hd30nl.jpg

gt4hd21ke.jpg

close to photomode quality. firingsquad review gt4, and said gt4 on hd looks very close to pm.

After watching the videos and looking at the screens, I see that the tracks themselves have more details (like the hills in the background, skid marks, etc) in Forza, but GT4 just has a more realistic overall feel/look (can't explain, it just does). Also, the autos look much better in GT4. The AI is a complete idiot in Forza (though that's probably because it's not finished).

Gek54
AI is worse in GT4.

How can you say that when in the videos the cars wont even overtake you if you drive on their line. Awful! Adleast in GT4, down the straight or something the AI will pull out and overtake, no just stop. Must be a breeze to win Forza :)

Cant remember who posted this statement but it sums Forza up completely "Forza is a GT4 wannabe!"

Gek54
AI is worse in GT4.

Umm, right, sounds like you haven't seen Forza's AI. I guess all you have to do in that game is qualify first, and just drive really carefully (aka slow) to win (since they don't seem to pass).

Egghead
About the Forza Viper on Laguna Seca ; i will capture it today but it will be hosted on rapidshare. So that kinda sucks. :)

:scared: is it up yet!? did I miss it!? PLEASE PM me when it is, some one! Thanks! :D (damn I sound like such a noob.)

Back