GT4 movies inside! *Update 28979 - the last one..*

• Thread starter Egghead
  • 1,219 comments
VipFREAK
Dood your are an egghead... clean out your PMs or let me email you... Anyway, I'm pleeding like a noob and wanna make sure I am able to get that Viper vid or anything that deals with a Viper for that matter! :D thanks dood!

GT4 movie inside! thread

Haha, i cleared my pm box 2 hours ago. Didn't do it for 10 days or so because i was so tired of all the pm requests.. People who thanked me for the vids ; thanks. :)

You can always email me ; i always answered the emails.

meister_dan
There was a some sort of glitch there wherein even if you complete every (and I mean every) race available you still get 98.2%. :indiff: Event generator races won't net you any % completion despite being completed.. I read from a few FAQS that it was due to the non-inclusion of drag racing in Simulation mode which caused this.

But I'm not bothered with it... :)

Lol, that's kinda stupid. :S Now they have included drag racing but there are no races on it.. Now you can get 101.8% i guess.. /stupid joke

meister_dan
There was a some sort of glitch there wherein even if you complete every (and I mean every) race available you still get 98.2%. :indiff: Event generator races won't net you any % completion despite being completed.. I read from a few FAQS that it was due to the non-inclusion of drag racing in Simulation mode which caused this.
really? i take it you got pal version. did you do the vauxhall AND opel manufacture races in another language? that got my game over the 100% 👍

Egghead
Supra RZ on Laguna Seca

Not the same high quality as the previous vid but still ok (i guess?).

It was a request from CobraGT.. Everytime i make a video for him i mess up bigtime.. And uhr.. well, just watch the vid.

Great video!
Sorry to see that you lost control coming up/over the corkscrew though, as I'm sure you would have been close to the lead car by the time you reached the start/finish line!

Keep the vids coming please! :-)

stumpydino
really? i take it you got pal version. did you do the vauxhall AND opel manufacture races in another language? that got my game over the 100% 👍

Somebody here told me that too.. Can't do it now since my PS1 has gone to that big junkyard in the sky.. But my savegame is still alive on one of my 3 PS1 memory cards. Thanks for the clarification! :dopey:

First off, Egghead, I'm not going to bash you for the driving at Laguna Seca with the Toyota Supra RZ. In fact, I don't bash anyone for anything unless provoked. So that this is out of the way, let me continue.

Besides, the Corkscrew is the one section that can ruin or save one's lap around Laguna Seca. It takes a lot of practice to master Laguna Seca. To run a lap is simple, but to master it takes practice (hah! Wait until I play the Nurburgring! I'll be scratching my head as to how to make the best time). As far as Laguna Seca goes in terms of how it looks, people will have their say that PD probably totally omitted the sandy, dusty nature of Laguna Seca in favor of something less sandy/dusty. But I seen some of the detail this track was given. And to be honest, I seen some nice little details. Traditionally, games will likely use flattened textures to represent a lot of what the track looks like. And this is true for all or most 3d games in the modern era from Doom to (maybe) Half-Life 2. But all the little details in making the track look great are all pretty cool. I think I've seen details such as a Shell sign in the distance, a couple of parked cars in a parking lot, and all that. I just think that GT4 kind of went the extra mile to add as much to the track to make it look more detailed and more realistic and it shows.

For the most part, I'm glad to have a chance to check out the Supra video and to enjoy it. I may try to see how many videos I can download to see all sorts of GT4 action before Feb. 22 rolls around. I'd sure like to see Le Mans and see how Special Stage Route 5 is like with the Saleen S7. Until then, good job for all the video footage.

PatateVolante
Where did the GT4 vs Forza pictures go? :(

egghead only has a limited amount of server space (50 mb I think) so he only hosts a few vids at a time. Just save them to your computer so you can enjoy them over and over again.

To be honest, I've seen Maskrider's collection of images concerning GT4 tracks in Arcade Mode for the first time. I finally seen what Chamonix is like. I think we all called it Nursnow at first. But I kind of know what this track is like now that I've seen it in pictures the Japanese version. So, my thanks to Maskrider.

I still want to know what Motor Sports Land 2 will be like. The version in GT2 (should be in GT4 for all I know) was more suited to Kei cars and go-karts than 700hp Le Mans Prototypes :lol:. When I think about it, New York should be a good challenge. The city of New York is one of my favorite cities in America. But rolling around Times Square in a Volkswagen W12 shouldn't be dismal. And I noticed that both versions of Sears Point (I'm sorry. I don't like "Infineon Raceway.") are in the game. There's the one that the stock car boys 'n girls use (crowd booing). And then the one the real racers use (crowd cheers). I think any car on any track (except Test Track) should make for a nice picture or a better video. Whatever other videos come along, I'll be looking forward to seeing them one day.

And CobraGT, you're not jinxing Egghead's driving in the videos. So don't feel bad. 👍

I made an old thread about it called "The Debut of LMP Cars," and it will surely put sportscar racing REALLY on the map in GT4. Not to be picky, but maybe some Radicals would have been sweet, especially the latest one with that V8. I'm sorry, I'm not up-to-date with my Euro car talk. Don't hate me, please! We've all seen the Pescarolo Courage with Gran Turismo livery, beautiful race car, isn't she? As much as we've seen the lovely LMP racer with GT livery, I'd sure like to hear it and see it in action. Any other cool sportscars would be nice, even that monstrous Toyota 7, or whatever it's called. Sometimes, I still feel pretty scared and anxious that this game is coming very soon. It's supposed to be out Feb. 22nd, and I believe I don't have school on Feb. 21st. So I'll likely be forward to just think about finally getting to play GT4 either at home or at an electronics store.

I'd sure like to see some street course action for another video. I wonder how my favorite city in the world, Tokyo, Japan, looks in GT4. Maybe see an Esso Ultraflo Toyota Supra racing around R246 in a GT4 video. I'm also curious about seeing "Godzilla" (the Falken-sponsored Nissan Skyline GT-R that runs the Nurburgring 24h) take on Special Stage Route 5. Sucks there's no Route 11, and SSR5 isn't REALLY interesting.

So in some respects, GT4 is the PS2's GT2. Why do I say this? GT1 had few cars and a small number of tracks, but GT2 has much more cars and tracks on the PS1. GT3 had few cars and a lot of tracks, but GT4 will have much more cars and tracks on the PS2. So if trends continue, expect to see much fewer cars in GT5 with a few tracks. Then imagine GT6.

Anyhow, sure like to see what the 26th Update will be like.

Egghead
Ok, no more recording. 999994379% of this board will have GT4 this week so recording new vids is ehr.. a waste of time. :) (sorry for the guy who askes the LMP vid.. WoW sucked up my free time)

So, let's end this thread with a stupid thing ;

What car is this?

*handbrake, slowly giving gas and then full*

The guy who gives the correct answer gets a.. uhr.. well, nothing.

After this week i will also leave the forums, i did join for making the vids (also posted before i got it tho) and maybe i will return when GT5 is released. ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed the vids!
I'd just like to thank you on behalf of GTP :) You have truly been an asset, not only for your videos, but for your technical input from the gaming side. It's a shame you won't be sticking around, but thank you for all of your input :)

Egghead
Ok, no more recording. 999994379% of this board will have GT4 this week so recording new vids is ehr.. a waste of time. :) (sorry for the guy who askes the LMP vid.. WoW sucked up my free time)

So, let's end this thread with a stupid thing ;

What car is this?

*handbrake, slowly giving gas and then full*

The guy who gives the correct answer gets a.. uhr.. well, nothing.

After this week i will also leave the forums, i did join for making the vids (also posted before i got it tho) and maybe i will return when GT5 is released. ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed the vids!
loved the vids..... but that does not sound like a car... it sound like crap... i hope that the final version of gt4 has upgraded the sounds cause that aint anywhere near realistic :dunce:

Back