GT4 movies inside! *Update 28979 - the last one..*

Discussion in 'GT4 Photo Mode' started by Egghead, Jan 1, 2005.

1. incubusnb

incubusnb

that AI video is just funny, if your in the cars way and stop it'll just stop too? at least in GT4 the AI tries to get by you, it just picks a more agressive way.

Forza seems... passive

2. Boost Lee

Boost Lee

... The Forza videos were taken from a demo version. It is funny though

3. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

If I may refer to this post of mine again: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1456792&postcount=998

You'll find a video there showing that the Forza AI can overtake (or at least try to overtake) properly.

Cheers,
    the Interceptor

4. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

CobraGT, you bring up some interesting pictures of GT with three screens. Kind of reminds me a lot of when I played "Ferrari F355 Challenge" at a mall one time. And let me tell you. It's pretty cool to have three screens all in action. Anything to make you feel more a part of the game is cool in my book.

I may check out more videos in this thread at another time, but big thanks for Egghead for doing all this. I too laughed at the Forza AI deal. The Audi R8 stopped, then the rest of the pack did. It was almost as if the R8 was the pace car or something! :lol: I know it's a work in progress, but like in any sport (or have you forgotten that motorsport is a sport?), you play to win, and you can't do that by just sitting there all idle and stuff. So you could say that Gran Turismo's AI is "bad" for a good reason. It's all about playing to win, or in this case, racing to win. Of course, all of us will have to await our judgment about if GT4 beats Forza by how much, or if Forza beats GT4 by how much.

One thing, though. I have never played ANY kind of GT4 demo. Never had. I have yet to play some sort of Prologue or some sort of demo. But if GT4's at some store or electronics department, I want in, damn it!

5. Egghead

Egghead

ah, crap. I captured alot of movies but i didn't check the settings, lol. They were all recorded @ 640x480 hehe. That's way tooooo high. :/

Uploading 1 'high res' (lotus carlton) vid now, going te capture the other movies again. damnit:)

6. Egghead

Egghead

Video added.

7. smellysocks12

smellysocks12

Cool.... Trial Mountain never looked this good, but it kinda looks weird to me, probably because it looks so smooth while I'm used to GT2 graphics. :sly:

Also it looked like the car was sliding from left to right more than it used to in previous GT's or is that just because I always drive with 1st person view that I only notice it now?

By the way I notice you switching views, and I see the hood of the car in front of you... is it possible to drive like that or is this only possible in a replay?

I also notice the corners aren't as sharp as they used to be or am I on crack?

8. Egghead

Egghead

Also it looked like the car was sliding from left to right more than it used to in previous GT's or is that just because I always drive with 1st person view that I only notice it now? I guess that's it. :)

By the way I notice you switching views, and I see the hood of the car in front of you... is it possible to drive like that or is this only possible in a replay? You can race with that view. I always use it, it's great.

I also notice the corners aren't as sharp as they used to be or am I on crack? Correct. :)

9. smellysocks12

smellysocks12

1. Awesome, I'll be driving like that from now on.

2. Correct about the corners or the crack part? :dopey:

Past that tunnel on trial mountain I always had trouble getting around that corner fast without slamming into the rocks, but in the video it looks pretty easy to steer through it at fast speed.

10. MrktMkr1986

MrktMkr1986

I think I missed update 23... :scared: :ouch:

11. Egghead

Egghead

Hehe , no, there was 'nothing' in update 23, only the post that i deleted the vids and was making new ones.. :)

12. MrktMkr1986

MrktMkr1986

*relieved*

Thank you! :) :D :cool:

13. cobragt

cobragt

egg, the vid quality was great despite the fields being noticable. Wow, great quailty vid man! Could you do a vid of a supra Rz on the Seca?

14. Egghead

Egghead

Sure. :)

will be up in 20 minutes.

15. MrktMkr1986

MrktMkr1986

Egghead, quick question:

Do the increments in the speedometer change depending on how fast the car can go?

16. LaBounti

LaBounti

Damn you and your teaser video :). I wondered why it looked better than every other video i've seen anywhere.

I replay video of the S7 in red would be nice to see. I saw the other one but you only saw the car for 2 seconds.

17. Egghead

Egghead

Ok, video uploaded. Old video deleted cause i had no space.. I made this 1 lower quality so i could keep the other one online but it didn't fit. :(

18. cobragt

cobragt

awesome

19. Egghead

Egghead

:)

20. Egghead

Egghead

yeah, i thought it did. Will check it later today :)

21. MrktMkr1986

MrktMkr1986

Thank you, downloading now! :)

Did you see my previous question? :scared:

EDIT: Your post was on the previous page! Thanks, Egghead. :)

22. cobragt

cobragt

I make you mess up in gt4 :(

23. Viper_Maniac

Viper_Maniac

Guess this wasnt seen back on page 17. If it was I apologize. :)

24. meister_dan

meister_dan

Was the LMP video already shown? Still waiting for it... :indiff:

25. Egghead

Egghead

I did record it but it was recorded the wrong way ; high res. So i couldn't upload it. Deleted all the movies and the CobraGT was just a quick video. Your video will come tommorow, high res. :)

Sorry, forgot it i think.. So many requests haha :)

26. meister_dan

meister_dan

NICE!!! :)

27. Egghead

Egghead

offtopic ; why did you got all GT's 100% and GT2 only 98%? Last couple of races tooooo hard or long boring endurance races? :)

28. Egghead

Egghead

lol, i just checked the gt4 movie map (i store every video i made) on my pc ; 1507 mb. :crazy:

29. meister_dan

meister_dan

There was a some sort of glitch there wherein even if you complete every (and I mean every) race available you still get 98.2%. :indiff: Event generator races won't net you any % completion despite being completed.. I read from a few FAQS that it was due to the non-inclusion of drag racing in Simulation mode which caused this.

But I'm not bothered with it... :)

30. VIPFREAK

VIPFREAK (Banned)

Dood your are an egghead... clean out your PMs or let me email you... Anyway, I'm pleeding like a noob and wanna make sure I am able to get that Viper vid or anything that deals with a Viper for that matter! :D thanks dood!

GT4 movie inside! thread