GT4 movies inside! *Update 28979 - the last one..*

• Thread starter Egghead
  • 1,219 comments
that AI video is just funny, if your in the cars way and stop it'll just stop too? at least in GT4 the AI tries to get by you, it just picks a more agressive way.

Forza seems... passive

Supra897
Umm, right, sounds like you haven't seen Forza's AI. I guess all you have to do in that game is qualify first, and just drive really carefully (aka slow) to win (since they don't seem to pass).
If I may refer to this post of mine again: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1456792&postcount=998

You'll find a video there showing that the Forza AI can overtake (or at least try to overtake) properly.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

CobraGT, you bring up some interesting pictures of GT with three screens. Kind of reminds me a lot of when I played "Ferrari F355 Challenge" at a mall one time. And let me tell you. It's pretty cool to have three screens all in action. Anything to make you feel more a part of the game is cool in my book.

I may check out more videos in this thread at another time, but big thanks for Egghead for doing all this. I too laughed at the Forza AI deal. The Audi R8 stopped, then the rest of the pack did. It was almost as if the R8 was the pace car or something! :lol: I know it's a work in progress, but like in any sport (or have you forgotten that motorsport is a sport?), you play to win, and you can't do that by just sitting there all idle and stuff. So you could say that Gran Turismo's AI is "bad" for a good reason. It's all about playing to win, or in this case, racing to win. Of course, all of us will have to await our judgment about if GT4 beats Forza by how much, or if Forza beats GT4 by how much.

One thing, though. I have never played ANY kind of GT4 demo. Never had. I have yet to play some sort of Prologue or some sort of demo. But if GT4's at some store or electronics department, I want in, damn it!

ah, crap. I captured alot of movies but i didn't check the settings, lol. They were all recorded @ 640x480 hehe. That's way tooooo high. :/

Uploading 1 'high res' (lotus carlton) vid now, going te capture the other movies again. damnit:)

Cool.... Trial Mountain never looked this good, but it kinda looks weird to me, probably because it looks so smooth while I'm used to GT2 graphics. :sly:

Also it looked like the car was sliding from left to right more than it used to in previous GT's or is that just because I always drive with 1st person view that I only notice it now?

By the way I notice you switching views, and I see the hood of the car in front of you... is it possible to drive like that or is this only possible in a replay?

I also notice the corners aren't as sharp as they used to be or am I on crack?

Also it looked like the car was sliding from left to right more than it used to in previous GT's or is that just because I always drive with 1st person view that I only notice it now? I guess that's it. :)

By the way I notice you switching views, and I see the hood of the car in front of you... is it possible to drive like that or is this only possible in a replay? You can race with that view. I always use it, it's great.

I also notice the corners aren't as sharp as they used to be or am I on crack? Correct. :)

Egghead
By the way I notice you switching views, and I see the hood of the car in front of you... is it possible to drive like that or is this only possible in a replay? You can race with that view. I always use it, it's great.

I also notice the corners aren't as sharp as they used to be or am I on crack? Correct. :)

1. Awesome, I'll be driving like that from now on.

2. Correct about the corners or the crack part? :dopey:

Past that tunnel on trial mountain I always had trouble getting around that corner fast without slamming into the rocks, but in the video it looks pretty easy to steer through it at fast speed.

egg, the vid quality was great despite the fields being noticable. Wow, great quailty vid man! Could you do a vid of a supra Rz on the Seca?

Damn you and your teaser video :). I wondered why it looked better than every other video i've seen anywhere.

I replay video of the S7 in red would be nice to see. I saw the other one but you only saw the car for 2 seconds.

Ok, video uploaded. Old video deleted cause i had no space.. I made this 1 lower quality so i could keep the other one online but it didn't fit. :(

meister_dan
Was the LMP video already shown? Still waiting for it... :indiff:

I did record it but it was recorded the wrong way ; high res. So i couldn't upload it. Deleted all the movies and the CobraGT was just a quick video. Your video will come tommorow, high res. :)

Viper_Maniac
Guess this wasnt seen back on page 17. If it was I apologize. :)

Sorry, forgot it i think.. So many requests haha :)

Egghead
I did record it but it was recorded the wrong way ; high res. So i couldn't upload it. Deleted all the movies and the CobraGT was just a quick video. Your video will come tommorow, high res. :)

NICE!!! :)

Egghead
offtopic ; why did you got all GT's 100% and GT2 only 98%? Last couple of races tooooo hard or long boring endurance races? :)

There was a some sort of glitch there wherein even if you complete every (and I mean every) race available you still get 98.2%. :indiff: Event generator races won't net you any % completion despite being completed.. I read from a few FAQS that it was due to the non-inclusion of drag racing in Simulation mode which caused this.

But I'm not bothered with it... :)

Back